Possible Endgame Captain Marvel plot hole...needs discussed

JSSTyger

Civilian
Reaction score
We learn from Brie Larson's film that Captain Marvel is powered by the tesseract (and thus, the space stone). Now...in 2018...Thanos says destroyed all of the stones. Supposing her powers only exist if the stone exists, how did she rescue Stark and help Cap and Widow take out Thanos on the "garden" planet?

As kind of a side question...where are the infinity stones in the 2023 world after Cap returns them to their proper time? Are they gone? Will Scarlet Witch still have her powers (from the mind stone)?

Does nobody want to tackle this? Does Carol retain her powers even when the source (the space stone) is gone? Obviously nobody can say for sure but are there any viable theories?

I guess the idea is that her powers are in her DNA now, but I don't know for sure.

Yeah, my assumption is her powers came from it, but she's not tethered to it.

Imagine the tesseract is like a large battery. We can get power from that batter by either wiring into it, or we can use it to charge a smaller batter and then the smaller battery can run on its own. If the larger battery is destroyed after the smaller battery has charged, it won't affect the smaller battery.

Thanos destroyed the stones. Not what the stones created.

in a way, he didn't technically destroy the stones {to the point that they no longer/or never existed) he said he simply reduced them down to atoms so they can never be used by anyone else... but their energy/power still exists just not in an obtainable form

as the Ancient One said to maintain the balance of the universe the power of all the stones must always exist in any given point of time {or something to that effect)

so, if he did truly destroy them the bigger question would have been, how didn't the universe not fall into chaos without them?

Thanos destroyed the stones. Not what the stones created.
that was my take on it. I built a deck. If I destroy the saw I built it with, the deck is still gonna be a pretty cool deck.

in a way, he didn't technically destroy the stones {to the point that they no longer/or never existed) he said he simply reduced them down to atoms so they can never be used by anyone else... but their energy/power still exists just not in an obtainable form

as the Ancient One said to maintain the balance of the universe the power of all the stones must always exist in any given point of time {or something to that effect)

so, if he did truly destroy them the bigger question would have been, how didn't the universe not fall into chaos without them?

Well...I like this theory the best. I just don't buy that the space stone is "completely' gone and then CM is able to maintain "battery charge" like the other posts are theorizing. To me, the CM movie made it very clear that when she uses her power she is tapping in to the tesseract. That's how she caused the power failure on the ship when she was tied up and allowed the Skrulls to escape.

Yeah. The Tesseract gave her powers, yes, but once she gained them, they are *her* powers, not the Stone's. Same with Wanda, and presumably anyone else empowered via an Infinity Stone. I imagine when/if Vision is revived, he'll still have most or all the powers he demonstrated earlier, aside from losing the ability to do specifically "use the Stone" feats like 'burn an AI out of the entire internet'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"