Possible to transfer iTunes Library? HELP!!!

The Shape

In the shadows
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I just got a new Macbook Pro, but I have an iTunes library of a few thousand songs on my current computer, a Windows Vista. I have an iTouch and I want to keep my same library when i begin to use the new Macbook more often. Is there a way I can transfer my library from computer to computer?

I'm hoping there's someone who has done this before. I'd appreciate any help or input on this. Thanks in advance. :up:

I don't know about songs you ripped from CD, but you can transfer your purchases from the itunes store to up to 5 computers. I believe all you have to do is plug your ipod{if you have one} in, open up itunes, Under File, there will be a "Transfer Purchases From Ipod".

I don't know about songs you ripped from CD, but you can transfer your purchases from the itunes store to up to 5 computers. I believe all you have to do is plug your ipod{if you have one} in, open up itunes, Under File, there will be a "Transfer Purchases From Ipod".

Yeah, that much I know how to do. But I'm really worried about the thousands of other songs I have that didn't come from iTunes. I mean, it's not the end of the world to lose them but I feel like there must be a way to transfer the full library over.

im fairly sure i heard a while back that there's a program you can downloa to do this

what about putting them on a flash drive and transfering that way if all else fails

Clarify exactly what you are doing?

Basicly he's trying to transfer his music from one computer to another.

does the destination have iTunes already?
If NOT ...its easy....copy the ENTIRE iTunes folder located in My Music over....
BANG...done.

If you have a library on the new machine already, then you need to map it and import it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"