Post-Aquaman...Rank the DCEU

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
For me my honest ranking of the DCEU now as it stands from worst to best

6- Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) (5/10 and that is being generous)

5- Suicide Squad (2016) (6/10)
4- Justice League (2017) (7/10)
3- Man of Steel (2013) (8/10)
2- Wonder Woman (2017) (9/10)
1- Aquaman (2018) (9.5/10)

For me Wonder Woman was great but not as good and not as epic as Aquaman. Granted, WW was epic in of that of itself but Aquaman nearly edged it out for me.

Last edited:
Just my two cents but doing these lists and then putting extra spaces between films to signify that one is way worse I find silly, maybe just put your ratings at the side of each film. I feel like people who do this are trying to start some sort of fan war.

Anyway my ranking from least favourite to favourite (BvS and SS are not ranked/rated on their theatrical editions. They are ranked/rated on the ultimate/extended cuts.

6. Suicide Squad (6/10)
5. Justice League (7/10)
4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (7.5/10)
3. Wonder Woman (8/10)
2. Aquaman (8.5/10)
1. Man of Steel (9/10)

I like all the DCEU Films, here's my ranking/ratings explained:
6. Suicide Squad is definitely the worst of the bunch and admittedly I find it doesn't hold up to much on repeat viewings but there are some great moments in the film such as the Flash appearance, Batman's appearances, the battle in the tower, the humour and the characters.
5. Justice League sure has it's problems but it's damn entertaining, while I understand and feel the need for the Snyder Cut I really do like the film we got. I think that opening scene with Batman is one of the best Batman scenes ever put to film, the Fight sequence in the tunnel is fantastic (especially with the Flash pushing Diana's sword towards her and Cyborg's arc was enjoyable. Superman's CGI lip problems aside I loved everything they did with the Man of Steel in this film, the highlight is when he decimates the league & side eyes the Flash at Super-speed and of course the shirt rip at the end (which I'd waited 3 movies for). For me personally if they just added back in those seconds they cut and the two Superman scenes I'd probably bump this up by a half a point).
4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is a film I have a love/hate relationship with, it's not a fun film to watch. To me it's comparable with watching something on the scale of a Lord of the Rings film where I know it's going to take a long time to get through so I have to psyche myself up for that. It's certainly not the Batman Superman film I wanted but as a film itsbextremely well made. It does have its problems as we've gone over ad nauseum but there are some epic moments in this film. The final hour is absolutely epic and well worth sitting through the previous two hours. This is probably only over Justice League for me mostly because of the CG lip problems if I'm being honest and the fact it's a more competently out together film. Standout moments for me are obviously Batman v Superman, the Martha rescue, seeing Clark Kent as a reporter in the UE, Wonder Woman's entrance and the whole fight with Doomsday. I think Batman's entrance in the film is only behind Keaton's in Batman '89 and the ending does get to me.
3. Wonder Woman is such a fun film, it really brought the DCEU back from the darkness after BvS and SS. Gal Gadot really shines in the film and the Paradise Island stuff is amazing. I think if I were to pick at anything it would be the ending which doesn't quite stand up to the first two acts but it's not bad. Chris Pine steals the film as Steve Trevor and when he sacrifices himself it’s a real tear jerker moment.
2. Aquaman is exactly how you make an Aquaman movie. It's bonkers in a great way, Black Manta’s arc works extremely well and Orm is one of the best DC villains we've ever had in the big screen. Jason Mamoa is the star of the film which is how it should be and he has terrific chemistry with Amber Heard. Who does a great job as Mera, I can totally see why Arthur fell for her in the movie. One thing is for damn sure no ones laughing at Aquaman anymore.
1. Man of Steel is one of those seminal movies for me, probably the most anticipated film of my life. It took over my life and the journey to the film is my favourite ever as a Superman fan. The film didn't disappoint me at all, sure there's some aspects that don't quite work looking back now but on the whole the film is epic. Henry Cavill plays Clark Kent amazingly, the journey throughout the film is all about him. That moment he steps out of the ship in the suit is the ultimate wow moment and that first flight is exhilarating. This is the one film I feel Amy Adams gives her best Lois Lane, if the writers had been able to maintain her at this level for the proceeding films she'd probably be my number one Lois. Despite what people say too I think her and Henry have wonderful chemistry. Michael Shannon really brings it as Zod, he's still the best DCEU villain yet and I wish he was still around so he could be in future films. Faora is a standout in the film too and she has a great arc. The best part of the movie has to be the Krypton scenes which is epic and mesmerising. The best Krypton we've ever seen on the big screen (or any screen for that matter). Russel Crowe really brings it as Jor El and again I wish he could have stuck around for future films (as a hologram). The battle of Smallville is the best live action super fight of all-time, there's not a film that's come close to that sequence. I think lastly I'll finish off by saying how much I love the ending "welcome to the planet", "glad to be here Lois", now of only they'd followed that up by showing us him being Superman to the world as this ending promised.

Last edited:
Just my two centres but doing these lists and then putting extra spaces between fioms to signify that one is way worse I find silly, maybe just put your ratings at the side of each film. I feel like people who do this are trying to start some sort of fan war.

Anyway my ranking from least favourite to favourite (BvS and SS are not ranked/rated on their theatrical editions. They are ranked/rated on the ultimate/extended cuts.

6. Suicide Squad (6/10)
5. Justice League (7/10)
4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (7.5/10)
3. Wonder Woman (8/10)
2. Aquaman (8.5/10)
1. Man of Steel (9/10)

Edited my rankings to include how I would also rank the films out of 10 as well but at the same time I'm surprised you enjoyed Man of Steel more than Aquaman

Edited my rankings to include how I would also rank the films out of 10 as well but at the same time I'm surprised you enjoyed Man of Steel more than Aquaman

Ive added my reasonings in my list, Man of Steel is my favourite CBM ever aside from Superman the Movie.

Aquaman - 9/10
Wonder Woman - 9/10
Justice League - 6/10 - at least it is fun
Suciide Squad - 5/10 - at least it has Margot and Viola Davis
BvS - 4/10 - at least it has Affleck's performance and Gal
Man of Steel - 4/10 - took me 3 days to rewatch it.

Man of Steel 9
Aquaman 9
Wonder Woman 7
Suicide Squad 6
Justice League 5
BVS 4

I put SS above the other two Snyder*(?) films because at least Harley, Cap, Flagg, Waller, Diablo, etc (maybe Deadshot too) journeys were more interesting than Barry, Arthur, and Vic in JL or really anything about BVS outside its two main fights.

Aquaman 9/10
Man of Steel 8/10
Wonder Woman 8/10
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 7/10
Justice League 6/10
Suicide Squad 5/10

I've rewatched these a couple of times, aside from Aquaman, which I'll try to see again this weekend. My thoughts on Suicide Squad have changed over time. I did enjoy it on first viewing, but after seeing it a few more times, it's just not as good as I originally thought. However, I still think Margot Robbie is an awesome Harley Quinn.

However, I still do enjoy the other films about the same after multiple viewings.

I bet once Shazam comes out everyone's rankings will most likely change

Eh Shazam looks cute but not like something that could be on WW/Aquaman level

Eh Shazam looks cute but not like something that could be on WW/Aquaman level

Who knows but it could be a hit with families and kids everywhere but yeah Aquaman and WW are in a league of their own specifically Aquaman and that's because of Wan

Who knows but it could be a hit with families and kids everywhere but yeah Aquaman and WW are in a league of their own specifically Aquaman and that's because of Wan

Oh I'm sure it will do well, there were lots of laughs yesterday when the trailer was shown. I was just speaking personally, this looks very kids oriented to me and this is not the kind of movies I enjoy too much

Oh I'm sure it will do well, there were lots of laughs yesterday when the trailer was shown. I was just speaking personally, this looks very kids oriented to me and this is not the kind of movies I enjoy too much

Me too but it adds to the lighthearted nature of the DCEU by adding comedy to it

WB needs to make it perfectly clear that Shazam is basically Deadpool for families. If they can convince the GA of that, it’ll be a huge success

WB needs to make it perfectly clear that Shazam is basically Deadpool for families. If they can convince the GA of that, it’ll be a huge success
It's gonna be that anyways...well more like Holland Spidey if the "Shazamily" gets enough focus and they're constantly throwing around DCEU references

1. Aquaman
2. Suicide Squad
3. Justice League
4. Wonder Woman
5. Man of Steel
6. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Wonder Woman
Aquaman
*huge gap*
Justice League
Superman
Superman / Batman
Suicide Squad

Aquaman
Man of Steel | Wonder Woman
Batman Vs Superman
Justice League
Suicide Squad

I have love for every movie so there's no big gaps between them :cool:

Can WB hurry the fu and gimme a Flash, Nightwing Blue B/Teen T movies?
tenor.gif

Those big gaps or big gap comments are rather silly.

Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Man of Steel
Suicide Squad
Justice League
Batman v Superman

Wonder Woman is the only good movie of the bunch. Aquaman is the definition of mediocre. MOS is below average. The rest were bad.

1) Aquaman
2) Wonder Woman
3) Suicide Squad
4) Justice League
5) Batman vs Superman
6) Man of Steel

It's very close for me between the first two, which is amazing and means DC has two strong pillars to build off of now. I put Aquaman ahead because of that insane 3rd act! Like wow! That deserves to be seen on the big screen

1) Aquaman
2) Wonder Woman
3) Suicide Squad
4) Justice League
5) Batman vs Superman
6) Man of Steel

It's very close for me between the first two, which is amazing and means DC has two strong pillars to build off of now. I put Aquaman ahead because of that insane 3rd act! Like wow! That deserves to be seen on the big screen

It's almost lile my list! How MoS managed that A- cinemascore is beyond me

It's almost lile my list! How MoS managed that A- cinemascore is beyond me

Great minds think alike. The only thing I liked about MOS was the Smallville fight and Zods broadcast/reveal message (that was awesome).

I saw your list. Suicide Squad and Justice League are on a similar level to me but I put SS on top because I found it a bit more fun. Plus El Diablo's final form was badass!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"