Post Credits Predictions

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by warcam, Jun 14, 2015.

?

Who will we see during the credits?

1. Spidey ONLY (no actor)

2. Falcon

3. General Ross

4. Black Panther

5. Hawkeye

6. Something else Civil War-related (Baron Zemo?)

7. Doctor Strange-related

8. Thanos again?

9. Spidey AND one of the above

10. Someone else entirely

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. warcam Registered

With 'Civil War' currently filming, and a search for the new 'Spidey' underway (not to mention 'Doctor Strange' about to enter production), what can we expect to see during the credits?
    Will there be just 1 scene a la AoU? Or will they go back to 2 scenes? Discuss.

*EDIT* I didn't include RDJ or Evans because of contractual reasons.

#1 warcam, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  2. Mike Murdock Registered

I'm hoping two scenes, one Ant-Man related (maybe him joining the Avengers) and one Spider-Man and Civil War related.

For the latter, I specifically want a scene of someone (ideally Jameson, but I'll settle for any talking head) talking about the menace superheroes cause. The broadcast is referring to the Avengers (and likely Ant-Man), but the camera pans from the TV where it's playing on to a Spider-Man reference, either:
    Peter Parker sitting at home sewing his Spider-Man costume or
    An alleyway where a woman is being mugged and there's a fight off screen ending with the two would-be muggers tied up in webbing.

ETA: For my first scene, I think it's interesting the lack of rumor. To recruit Ant-Man, I would imagine you would need either Downey or Evans. Maybe Cobie Smulders would work. I have to imagine Ant-Man joins the Avengers, but I don't know of anyone in a position to accomplish that goal.

3. Eddie Registered

There actually is a rumor about a certain Avenger popping up...

There have been claims that Falcon is in Ant-Man. We'll find out soon enough.

4. Random490 Registered

I have a feeling the Post Credit will be Captain America or Black Widow recruiting Ant Man into the Avengers setting up his role in Civil War.

5. ironman_rick Registered

The critics review is out and almost everyone is raving about those 2 mid & after credit scenes.

Anyone got spoilers ?

6. BatsDC Side-Kicker

Huge Spoilers

7. ironman_rick Registered

Holy *****........ That's an awesome after-credit's scene. If that is true, it has to be the best AC scene in MCU.

8. SwiftFox Registered

I think it is. You should check the WHOLE cast list on IMDB.

9. R_Hythlodeus Nerd Supreme

10. samsnee Ok

I think they're true. Feige recently said in an interview they were looking at the dailies for Civil War and thought a particular scene would make a good post credit scene for Ant-man.

This would be the first time though a post credit scene would actually be in the following movie.

11. Vartha Mod of Thunder

12. design9497 Registered

Originally Posted by protocida [​IMG]
    Spoilers, though I imagine they've already been reported.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

The movie opens with Hank Pym, Peggy Carter and Howard Stark discussing the potential dangers of the Ant-Man technology.

Hank and Janet Van Dyne operate as Ant-Man and the Wasp for SHIELD during the Cold War. During one mission, they need to prevent a nuclear warhead from hitting a populated area. Hank's suit is damaged, so Janet shrinks beyond the suit's capacity to defuse the bomb and disappears, believed to be dead. Hank believes the technology is too dangerous and seals it away.

Lang is forced to infiltrate the New Avengers' headquarters to retrieve an energy source developed by Stark Industries that they need to complete their heist on Pym Technologies, and comes across the Falcon. They fight, and Lang escapes with the device after disabling the Falcon's propulsion device. The Falcon then begins searching for Ant-Man.

At one point, the Falcon visits one of his contacts that is monitoring superhero activity. She mentions reports of a man who can climb walls and swing through buildings, but no word on a shrinking man.

In the final battle, Lang is also forced to shrink beyond the suit's capacity and ends up in the Microverse, but manages to return. It's implied Janet is lost there after the accident in the 1980's.

Cross dies after Lang damages the Yellowjacket's Pym Particles supply, causing Cross body to shrink and expand in gruesome ways. Lang also accidentally creates a giant-sized ant that becomes Cassie's pet.

Movie ends with Falcon finding Ant-Man to discuss things.

Mid-credits scene is Pym giving Hope a modified version of the Wasp suit.

After-credits scene is Captain America and Falcon finding a beat-up War Machine being held captive in a fortified base. After Captain America declines to calling Iron Man for help, Falcon decides to call Ant-Man.

#12 design9497, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by moderator Mister J: Jul 20, 2015
  13. Darkraid Registered

14. ironman_rick Registered

Based solely on the after-credits scene...... I will make a bold prediction. CA:CW will outgross AOU domestic and overseas :hmr:

15. celticmoon Registered

If those spoilers are true,
    it kinda makes up for Falcon having such a non-role in AoU. I'm glad to see him having a decent role here.

16. BatsDC Side-Kicker

He's right, though

17. Blackman C'mon Son

Can someone explain the after credits stinger
    SO somehow Cap and Falcon found Bucky off screen? Lame. Or do you think that scene is included in CW and we'll get the see it in it's full context

18. SomeOldGuy Registered

That scene is an actual scene filmed for CW that they pulled for the stinger. Supposedly it occurs around the middle of the movie so there is plenty of time for a scene where Cap finds Bucky.

19. Blackman C'mon Son

Cool thanks

20. SuperSanchez I'm Not Mexican

Yeh but he's really only thrown in there just to have a cameo appearance, if he was cut out of the film, it wouldn't change the story in any way.

21. Blackman C'mon Son

Yeah I agree.

It was a cool, fun little sequence, but imo they should left it out

22. Mark5878 Registered

Great.

23. SomeOldGuy Registered

Feige has tossed out a few more hints about CW and what's going on in that post-credits stinger. First,this relates to Blackman's original question, I think:

Plot-wise, “Civil War” picks up not long after “Winter Soldier” left off, “continuing Cap’s attempts [with Bucky],” Feige explains. “Can he save his friend? Can he turn the Winter Soldier back into Bucky? Is that even possible? While the Winter Soldier, from most other people’s point of view, is the deadliest, worst assassin of the past 70 years. So some people are like, ‘Cap, you’ve got to let it go. He’s not the guy that you used to know.’ So it’s a surprisingly personal story with a simple and very efficient plot that I think allows all those characters to have a presence and interact in a way that’s different from other films we’ve made.”

Then as to Ant-Man's reaction:

This will be the first time Ant-Man interacts with any Avenger other than Falcon, who he didn’t make the best first impression with in “Ant-Man.” He also has the baggage of Hank Pym’s (Michael Douglas) hatred of the Avengers to carry with him into the new movie. Feige teases that hatred will play a part in “Civil War” “as it relates to Hank’s viewpoint — not that [Scott] shares all of Hank’s views — but that will certainly play a part into it.”

Article here: http://zap2it.com/2015/07/ant-man-p...tain-america-civil-war-not-prequel-explained/