Post Mid Terms - who should challenge Trump in 2020?

With people wanting Trump out so badly I'm quite convinced that most Dems are already ready to vote on whomever goes against Trump regardless of who it is.

I worry about the same kind of unenthusiasm that hit last time. I am not talking about overall, but the 100,000 that sunk Hillary last time in the three key states. Which Biden absolutely will do.

With people wanting Trump out so badly I'm quite convinced that most Dems are already ready to vote on whomever goes against Trump regardless of who it is.
That is what everyone thought last time. The issue isn't getting Trump voters back. That is a no-starter. What we need to do is motivate is new voters, voters who rarely vote. Perhaps never voted. And in very specific areas. This is why someone like Biden is a bad idea. He doesn't motivate people like that.

And that is even more important when you take the down ballot into consideration.

The media really seems to want to paint Buttigieg in a bad light over this shooting. He doesn't seem to be handling it amazingly, but the media seems out for blood.

I need to look this up. I saw him being interviewed, but wasn't sure what it was about. How is he handling it in general?

The media really seems to want to paint Buttigieg in a bad light over this shooting. He doesn't seem to be handling it amazingly, but the media seems out for blood.
It seems his own folk aren't happy about this. And considering what I am hearing about the situation, I don't blame them. It is fine to say you messed up, but when your solutions are things you already said you were going to do, didn't do and this happens... blah.

Body cams are only as good as you are willing to enforce them. And they aren't willing to enforce them.

Warren/Harris it is... Biden/Harris probably though

****ing hell, Chuck Todd is one of the moderators.

****ing hell, Chuck Todd is one of the moderators.
Yeah, caught this on Maddow. I am pretty sure he is one of the rotating ones. As in Lester Holt is the main moderator for both nights. For the first half of each night, he will be joined by Savannah Guthrie and Diaz-Balart. In the second half, Maddow and *******.

Tonight is important to Warren. Greatest chance to really break out. Only real issue I see is that I think Booker is going to be at his most annoying in trying to get attention.

Tonight is important to Warren. Greatest chance to really break out. Only real issue I see is that I think Booker is going to be at his most annoying in trying to get attention.

Booker is so grandstanding and virtue signaling. Like demanding Biden apologize. Sorry if I think his only motivation there was picking a fight with the front-runner to get attention and news coverage that he can't get on his own.

Not that Biden responded well with "yea well you should apologize!".

Booker is so grandstanding and virtue signaling. Like demanding Biden apologize. Sorry if I think his only motivation there was picking a fight with the front-runner to get attention and news coverage that he can't get on his own.

Even when Booker is right, he feels wrong.

Were Booker appearing in the Thursday debate, Biden would've said it then when they were on stage together.

I think Warren has the best shot right now. I don't know if she can beat Donald, but one Biden-shaped hurdle at a time.

So, after tonight and tomorrow, how many of the 387 candidates will start to drop out?

Other than Warren, who do you expect to do well tonight?

So, after tonight and tomorrow, how many of the 387 candidates will start to drop out?

Other than Warren, who do you expect to do well tonight?

Depends on the funding. Which is the real issue, money is going to be starting to tighten and the lower ends are going to have to drop. Beto surprisingly is not doing well money wise.

Tonight should be interesting. I have been hearing a lot of how Warren has been campaigning, and tonight is going to be a real test for that. Booker is going to be a prima donna, and try to hog the spotlight somehow. There is a chance for O'Rourke to get his campaign back on track, but I doubt it. He is competing for the Biden/Buttigieg spot. Though his "war tax" was not communicated well, nor is it going to be appealing. Not quite sure what to expect from Castro, though I suspect he is going to echo Beto a lot. And the remaining 4 old, rich, white dudes need to justify their existence. Gabbard does need to explain why she isn't a Republican.

Other than Warren, do any of the other candidates tonight even register on anyone’s radar? You could mix and match the names and pictures of most of them and I’d just smile and nod.

Personally Sanders is my first pick, and Warren is my second. Though I do believe the DNC will force, and we’ll ultimately end-up with, Biden as the general candidate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"