Post Shazam...Rank the DCEU

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
Now that Shazam is out we may as well update rankings on the DCEU so that being said my rankings would be:

7- Suicide Squad (2016)
6- BVS: Dawn of Justice (2016)
5- Justice League (2017)
4- Man of Steel (2013)
3- Wonder Woman (2017)
2- Aquaman (2018)
1- Shazam (2019)

The cat’s pyjamas:

1. Wonder Woman
2. Shazam

The cat’s toys:

3. Aquaman

The cat’s litter tray:

4. Man Of Steel

The cat’s vomit:

5. Suicide Squad

The cat’s diarrhea, sprayed up the wall of your kitchen, and you have no paper towel:

6. Batman v Superman
7. Justice League

Last edited:
Now that Shazam is out we may as well update rankings on the DCEU so that being said my rankings would be:

7- Suicide Squad (2016)
6- BVS: Dawn of Justice (2016)
5- Justice League (2017)
4- Man of Steel (2013)
3- Wonder Woman (2017)
2- Aquaman (2018)
1- Shazam (2019)

Okay. Just saw Shazam.

1. Shazam! Real feel-good fun, loved it. The charm of the cast more than makes up for any flaws.

2. Wonder Woman. Mostly for HE's performance in the title roll, and a couple of great action sequences.

3. Man of Steel. A very underrated film. Has its faults but not a bad movie.

4. Aquaman. A fun movie but the cgi was a bit much. Momoa has plenty of charm in the lead but a lot of other characters felt very generic ( like the supporting cast in WW)

5. Justice League. Not a good film, but mildly watchable and a lot better than....

6. Batman vs Superman. The last 40 minutes or so aren't awful, except the Martha moment. The 2 hours or so it takes to get there is a chore to watch, at the end you're glad it's over, but still better than....

7. Suicide Squad. Not just a terrible comic book movie, but a terrible movie full stop. Margot Robbie was the only remotely good thing about this film, and this is not one of her best performances.
I give the film props for trying something new with the Joker, but sadly it managed be the worst big screen Joker by a wide margin - the animated versions are all much better too.

Shazam was absolutely fantastic! A blast from start to finish. HeresHere current ranking!

Wonder Woman
Shazam!
Aquaman

Man of Steel
Justice league
Suicide squad
Batman vs Superman

Okay. Just saw Shazam.

1. Shazam! Real feel-good fun, loved it. The charm of the cast more than makes up for any flaws.

2. Wonder Woman. Mostly for HE's performance in the title roll, and a couple of great action sequences.

3. Man of Steel. A very underrated film. Has its faults but not a bad movie.

4. Aquaman. A fun movie but the cgi was a bit much. Momoa has plenty of charm in the lead but a lot of other characters felt very generic ( like the supporting cast in WW)

5. Justice League. Not a good film, but mildly watchable and a lot better than....

6. Batman vs Superman. The last 40 minutes or so aren't awful, except the Martha moment. The 2 hours or so it takes to get there is a chore to watch, at the end you're glad it's over, but still better than....

7. Suicide Squad. Not just a terrible comic book movie, but a terrible movie full stop. Margot Robbie was the only remotely good thing about this film, and this is not one of her best performances.
I give the film props for trying something new with the Joker, but sadly it managed be the worst big screen Joker by a wide margin - the animated versions are all much better too.

A list I can actually support

Another list that is actually realistic

1. Man of Steel
2. Aquaman
3. Shazam
4. Wonder Woman
5. Justice League
6. Batman v Superman
7. Suicide Squad

Wonder Woman
Shazam
Man of Steel
Aquaman
Justice League
Batman V Superman (Theatrical Cut)
Suicide Squad.

(Not including Batman V Superman : Ultimate Edition here.)

1. Man of Steel
2. Aquaman
3. Shazam
4. Wonder Woman
5. Justice League
6. Batman v Superman
7. Suicide Squad

Why MOS at #1 though? It isn't even that great...it is okay if anything

1. Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice 10/10
  2. Man Of Steel 10/10
  3. Aquaman 10/10
  4. Wonder Woman 10/10
  5. Shazam! 10/10
  6. Suicide Squad 10/10
  7. Justice League 08/10
Im a simple guy, i love my DC groomy derk films, kinda feels so bad watching Suicide Squad so low when i loved it so much, El Diablo, Harley, Joker, Boomeran, Katana, omgf im shaking

Justice League lost points thx to Whedon, he can **** off

I recently watched all the DCEU movies so here’s my personal favorites, regardless of objective quality:

1. Batman v Superman
2. Man of Steel
3. Wonder Woman
4. Aquaman
5. Justice League
6. Suicide Squad
7. Shazam

I recently watched all the DCEU movies so here’s my personal favorites, regardless of objective quality:

1. Batman v Superman
2. Man of Steel
3. Wonder Woman
4. Aquaman
5. Justice League
6. Suicide Squad
7. Shazam

BVS being #1 on this list is laughable but how Shazam is ranked #7 is laughable too

Shazam
Man of Steel
Wonder Woman
BVSUC
Aquaman
Suicide Squad.
Justice League

Last edited:
1.) Aquaman (9/10)
2.) Shazam (9/10)
3.) Wonder Woman (8/10)
4.) Man of Steel (7.5/10)
5.) Batman V Superman (7/10)
6.) Justice League (6/10)
7.) Suicide Squad (4/10)

I've watched most of these multiple times, aside from Shazam. SS has really not held up well with me. JL is just average at best, when it should have been so much more. BvS has some real lows, but I feel there is some great highs.

Man of Steel has a few parts for me that keep it from being number one, but for the most part I love the film. It could have used a bit more light heartedness. Did not like the portrayal of Jonathan Kent (Gimme Smallville's version any day.) And putting Superman in the situation where he has to kill was kinda ehhh. Small gripes, but they just bother me a bit. I love Henry Cavill as Supes, and given a more traditional Superman script, I think he would do it a great justice.

Wonder Woman is amazing. Everything about it. I just wish the final act was a bit better, that's really all. Everything else was too notch.

Shazam was just a tad slow in the beginning, and sometimes maybe just a little too goofy, but overall it's a great adaptation of the New 52 Shazam. I feel all the cast did great. Especially the Shazamily. You can't help but get happy when you get to that part in the third act. Even the foster parents were great. I can't wait to watch again.

Aquaman has some of the best action and amazing camera shots/angles in any CBM, imo. I loved all the locations they went to, the designs of Atlantis, The Trench, WOW. It felt like Aquaman. Loved Jason Momoa as Arthur. And his relationship with his dad. Yes, it can be cheesy, but it's Aquaman and it's probably been the most fun I've had at any CBM in awhile. The teenage Arthur did not work for me. Loved Patrick Wilson as Orm. Costumes were on point! Lots of praise for the visual aspects. I will say the dialogue could have been better. But it didn't deter for me like a lot of other people.

1.) Aquaman (9/10)
2.) Shazam (9/10)
3.) Wonder Woman (8/10)
4.) Man of Steel (7.5/10)
5.) Batman V Superman (7/10)
6.) Justice League (6/10)
7.) Suicide Squad (4/10)

I've watched most of these multiple times, aside from Shazam. SS has really not held up well with me. JL is just average at best, when it should have been so much more. BvS has some real lows, but I feel there is some great highs.

Man of Steel has a few parts for me that keep it from being number one, but for the most part I love the film. It could have used a bit more light heartedness. Did not like the portrayal of Jonathan Kent (Gimme Smallville's version any day.) And putting Superman in the situation where he has to kill was kinda ehhh. Small gripes, but they just bother me a bit. I love Henry Cavill as Supes, and given a more traditional Superman script, I think he would do it a great justice.

Wonder Woman is amazing. Everything about it. I just wish the final act was a bit better, that's really all. Everything else was too notch.

Shazam was just a tad slow in the beginning, and sometimes maybe just a little too goofy, but overall it's a great adaptation of the New 52 Shazam. I feel all the cast did great. Especially the Shazamily. You can't help but get happy when you get to that part in the third act. Even the foster parents were great. I can't wait to watch again.

Aquaman has some of the best action and amazing camera shots/angles in any CBM, imo. I loved all the locations they went to, the designs of Atlantis, The Trench, WOW. It felt like Aquaman. Loved Jason Momoa as Arthur. And his relationship with his dad. Yes, it can be cheesy, but it's Aquaman and it's probably been the most fun I've had at any CBM in awhile. The teenage Arthur did not work for me. Loved Patrick Wilson as Orm. Costumes were on point! Lots of praise for the visual aspects. I will say the dialogue could have been better. But it didn't deter for me like a lot of other people.

Oh I love this...oh I love this I love this!!!

1. Aquaman
2. Shazam!
3. Wonder Woman
4. Man Of Steel
5. Suicide Squad
6. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
7. Justice League

1. Wonder Woman
2. Shazam
3. Man of Steel
4. Aquaman

The others don’t matter at all to me. I think I had Aquaman ranked above MOS the last time I did this but the more I think about it, I think MOS is the stronger movie overall. But neither were as fun or well made as Shazam. Such a great time and I really hope it’s a hit so that they will make sequels.

1. Wonder Woman
2. Shazam
3. Aquaman
4. Man of Steel
[...]
5. Justice League
[...]
6. Batman v Superman
[...]
7. Suicide Squad

Wonder Woman
Shazam!
Aquaman
Justice League
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Suicide Squad

Still nothing to write home about.

OK:
1. Shazam
2. WW

Mediocre/meh:
3. MoS
4. BvS
5. AM

Crap:
6. SS
7. JL

1. Wonder Woman
2. Shazam
3. Aquaman
4. Man of Steel
5. Batman v Superman
6. Justice League
7. Suicide Squad

1) WW

2) Shazam

3) Aquaman

4) MOS

5) SS

Haven’t seen the rest.

You never saw BVS?

Nah. I bought a ticket to see it, but I wasn’t driving at the time, so I had to take the bus to the theater. I became aware of the negative reviews a few days before I was set to go, but I like making up my own mind (and had already spent the money :o), so I decided I’d go anyway. The day I was set to go, the bus arrived a little earlier than usual (which was unusual in and of itself because it was usually always late :funny:) and I just stood and watched as it pulled off without me. I took that as a sign and walked right back to my house.

Shazam! - 9/10
Wonder Woman - 9/10
Aquaman - 7.5/10
Man of Steel - 5.5/10
Batman v Superman - 3/10

Haven’t seen JL or SS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"