World Post/Talk about your Collections...

ShadowBoxing

Avenger
Reaction score
Of any and all Transformers related items. Videos, DVDs, comics, etc. etc.

Here is a visual of my Excel toy checklist for G1 series 1-5 (not counting 6 and 7 of which I have many toys as well)
Highlighted ones are the ones I have even though that column lacks annotation.
TalkCollections.jpg

TalkCollections1.jpg

TalkCollections2.jpg

TalkCollections3.jpg

TalkCollections4.jpg

I was out of collecting TF's for so long I got a frack-tonne of stuff to buy. :wow: I tell you this though any G1 stuff I do buy is either going to be an official Haskara reissue or an unofficial G3 one.

I was out of collecting TF's for so long I got a frack-tonne of stuff to buy. :wow: I tell you this though any G1 stuff I do buy is either going to be an official Haskara reissue or an unofficial G3 one.
I don't deal with any of the newer stuff except Machine Wars and some of Beast Wars and RiD because of it's loose ties to G1. But thankfully most of my stuff is original issue (it would have to be though), some of it is Takara reissue. Sometimes I buy reissue because it has better quality, like with Powermaster Prime -- he got an update and some nice diecast parts added in. Or my second Galvatron which comes in G1 toon accurate colors. But mostly I demand original issue and all of the parts.

I'm also augmenting my classics with the outright G1 tributes from the Unicron trilogy and the not so outright ones. And there is a hell of a lot let me tell you. They easily out number the acutal classics 3:1.

I'm also augmenting my classics with the outright G1 tributes from the Unicron trilogy and the not so outright ones. And there is a hell of a lot let me tell you. They easily out number the acutal classics 3:1.
Most Transformers fans at this point have become accustomed to the fact that HasTak is the king of homage repaints.

Some are some aren't. Smokescreen, Swerve, Blurr from Cybertron and Energon Galvatron are homage repaints. But Downshift, Inferno, Roadblock, and Arcee from Energon, plus Metroplex and Quickmix from Cybertron are straight homages to G1 toys.

Some are some aren't. Smokescreen, Swerve, Blurr from Cybertron and Energon Galvatron are homage repaints. But Downshift, Inferno, Roadblock, and Arcee from Energon, plus Metroplex and Quickmix from Cybertron are straight homages to G1 toys.
I was surprised when the homaged Quickmix, aside from liking his G1 toy personally, he never appeared in any cartoon (Japanese continuity included), showed up only 2 or 3 times total (counting cameos) in the US comic and was an otherwise unused character...

I just want him cause he's an homage that looks cool.

Chromedome is abscent from my list...I'll have to fix that. But I do have him.

I have him too. But I lost Stylor 20 years ago.

Of all my original comics I still have Transformers 1-80 and TF:TM 1-4. Anybody wanna buy em?

I have all the DVD's and comics. My parents gave away all the toys to other kids in the family, never saw them again :( , I started collecting all the Alternators, I have about 10.

I've got 8 Alternators right now. About half what I want to get in total. Plus a couple BT and BTA figures.

I bought movie Starscream, protoform Starscream, protoform Optimus, Blackout and Ratchet.

Got me the tin Transformers movie edition the other day.

Spike saying $hit is hilarious.

Hook, Scavenger, Fangry, Horri-bul and Beachcomber are obscured from view. Grapple, Eject, Windsweeper, Crankcase, Wildfly and a few others are not pictured.

I don't have a big enough collection to post, but I'm proud of it.

Holy **** SB thats one big ash collection.

Here is mine.
dsc0097px9.jpg

Graci'

Ah, so I take it you'll try to collect most of the movie toys.

yeah at the moment I'm trying to get all the movie ones.

I started collecting last year but all they had was the ones from the unicron trilogy. I guess if I want some good ones I'll need to order some online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"