Post Your Favourite Thor Pictures

Discussion in 'Thor World' started by Keyser Soze, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

HAHA, Loki is awesome.

2. RAMORE

RAMORE ~The First Avenger~

Awesome:up: You guys know way too much about Thor it's crazy i'm reading trying to soak it up. Like when did Thor become king lose an arm and his arm is that a what if?

3. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Nope THAT Ramore, is the Regining arcs.
    Odin Removes Thor's Humanity, Jake Olsen, and shortly after Odin dies killing Surtur, Thor becomes Lord of Asgard, moves Asgard ABOVE New York City, then we attack Asgard it falls on NYC killing thousands.
    Hundreds of years later after Thor tries to improove life on Earth, the last superheroes try to stop Thor from doing what he's doing because he lacks the Humanity to UNDERSTAND the human way of thinking. Wolverine Slices into Thor's arm, Thor looses the arm as Magni is yet a baby.
    Magni Grows up, Basically reasoning with Thor and Thor sets things straight by going back into the past and fixing one certain event, which in turn erases, that furture he just came from.

4. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

It's an alternate future timeline that split off from the main Marvel universe's timeline. In both, Thor brings Asgard (the city) to float over Manhattan, much the same way the new Asgard is floating over that empty field in Oklahoma now. Only, you know, it's Manhattan, so people care a bit more in that case. Thor's humanity gets separated from him in the form of Jake Olsen, who gets killed when a cabal of corporate leaders destroy Asgard and, as a result, Manhattan. Thor, unencumbered by his humanity, kills the cabal and rebuilds New York in his own image as New Asgard, installs Loki as his chief of security, and marries the Enchantress. Over the years, he kills most of the other superheroes still around, losing an arm and an eye to Wolverine's claws in the process, Balder betrays him and is killed by Loki, and then he refashions pretty much all of North America (possibly the world, but I can't remember exactly how far his kingdom expanded) into a utopia.

But, like most utopias, it turns out to have a dark side--humans are treated as second-class citizens under Loki's security forces. Ultimately, this alien god-killer guy called Desak comes to Earth, merges with the Destroyer, and kills most of the remaining gods in Asgard. Thor, after being confronted by his son Magni, who's as noble as Thor used to be and hates what his father's become, is shown the error of his ways. He destroys the Destroyer/Desak and uses the Odinforce, along with some help from the future version of Tarene, to go back in time to before Jake Olsen is killed and re-merge him and the younger Thor. He also imparts his memories of his timeline into his younger, complete self so that he'll never make those same mistakes again. Thor, now armed with the knowledge of where his actions could lead, sends Asgard back to its own dimension before the cabal's raid brings it crashing down on Manhattan and the normal Marvel timeline is restored.

But we know from Kang, Exiles, Captain Britain, and various other time-traveling/dimension-hopping characters and stories that every Marvel timeline still exists somewhere out in the Omniverse, so it's still very possible that the Reigning's version of Magni could come back some day. :)

5. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

lol We had the same idea Corpy.

6. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Yeah, I'm just more wordy. :oldrazz:

7. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

oh yeah it was WORLD-WIDE he was King. Remember they took Thafli flying and showed them what they'd done and then they went and stopped some riot.

8. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Right. I miss Thialfi.

9. Upset Spideyfan

Upset Spideyfan Look on the bright side

I need to read more Thor. He's a character that I love and I've pretty much immensely enjoyed every single one of his stories that I've read but just glancing through this thread I feel so intimidated.

10. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Where the Wild Hulks Are

Check this out. I don't know who Manarama is, or if this is fan art or for an actual comic but I swear I heard something about Thor being scheduled for a future guest-appearance in Runaways, I just can't remember the specifics.

I don't know.

11. The Question

The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

Poo. Loki got toned down in the comics from the original version a lot, both in terms of cutting out a lot of the ****ed up yet insanely awesome **** from the myths like his being a baby-mama, but also a very long trend of just making him a one dimensionally evil villain that's only been rectified in the past eight years or so. There's a whole tradition in Norse mythology that depicts Loki actually being much more effective when it comes to helping humans than even Thor (as well as just as sincere), as he would actually solve difficult problems by thinking his way through them, instead of smashing things and assuming the day has been saved. He just also went very dark and killed Balder for revenge after Odin banished his children, and then went crazy and destroyed the world after Odin killed his two other children and bound him to a rock with his son's intestines with snake venom dripping into his eyes as punishment.

12. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze AW YEEEAH!

That sounds pretty awesome. That's a great aspect to Thor's character, that he needs a Donald Blake or a Jake Olsen to keep him in touch with humanity.

13. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Yeah, although in that case Olsen literally was Thor's humanity made human. The real Jake Olsen's spirit had moved on to Heaven in an earlier comic--an annual, I think. Seems like a similar deal with Blake now having his own personality even though he was never technically a person.
    It's like any character with a super-long history, really. Just pick an era and give it a try. The Simonson trades are always a great place to start, or you could go for the Jurgens run if you want something a bit more modern. The King Thor stuff is thankfully all in trades, from the Death of Odin right through the Reigning, but the earlier Jurgens stuff is sort of chopped up in smaller trades or not collected at all.
    Seems like fan art because of the way he makes a joke of giving all the Marvel characters altered names. Still really awesome art, though. :up:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  14. Upset Spideyfan

I'm definitely going to start with Simonson. I just got paid so thankfully I'm feeling a bit adventurous at the moment.

15. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

They're well worth it. :up:

16. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

As Skrull Hank said about Clor/Ragnarok after Clor killed Foster, it lacked the Human "anchor" so they had to adjust Clor because of that.
    Odin PLANNED to get Thor the way he is. With EACH Ragnarok Odin "improoved" Thor.
    The Humanity was basically the last improovement Odin made.

17. Artistsean

Artistsean Monkey Boy

Is there a post your favorites Captain America pictures?

18. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Not that I know of.

19. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

One of my fave King Thor shots
    [​IMG]

20. Vartha

Vartha Mod of Thunder

Mine was a Zeck Poster. Not sure where I have the pic tho.

21. Artistsean

Artistsean Monkey Boy

Others holding Thor's Hammer:

Storm
    [​IMG]

Superman
    [​IMG]

Captain America
    [​IMG]

Spider-Man
    [​IMG]

Wonder Woman
    [​IMG]

Odin
    [​IMG]

Death Angel?
    [​IMG]

22. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

The last one is Air-Walker, who was an android herald of Galactus. He could hold it because he's an android, and I guess Mjolnir doesn't count robots as having souls for it to judge worthy or not.

Also, Storm is holding her own hammer from when she was temporarily transformed into a thunder goddess to replace Thor, not Mjolnir.

23. Upset Spideyfan

So Ultron could pick up Thor's hammer?

24. RogueDK

RogueDK Agent Of The Bat

Yeah, I have that book. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't a chick draw that? Friggin' beautiful. :word:

25. TheCorpulent1

TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

That is Scot Eaton's art, who I believe is a man.
    Yeah, probably. Kind of a lame exception to the worthiness rule, since the Vision and various other androids totally have souls.