Power Rangers Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh..I think most American fans only liked it more because Tommy came back. If it hadn't been for that I know I wouldn't have watched it.

You're taking your personal expierences and putting it into the mouths of thousands of people when that's false. There's a lot of fans (like me) who don't pick and choose what seasons were going to watch and which ones we are, we do it because it has become a habit.

Actually, I only followed the wilde force and ninja storm because it was on while I was getting ready for school. Granted I was 17-18, but still.

Frank said:
eh..I think most American fans only liked it more because Tommy came back. If it hadn't been for that I know I wouldn't have watched it.

That's how it was for me. I had stopped watching after "In space" but hearing Tommy was returning, I tried Dino Thunder, loved it and watched the entire series of it. SPD was OKAY but I quickly got tired of it and stopped after only like 8 episodes or so.

Manic said:
Then they switched to Turbo. I hated the movie.
I think just about EVERYBODY hated that movie.

I mean, with the first movie they at least went a different direction with the look of the rangers, the bad guys, the zords, the command center, Alpha and Zordon, even Angel Grove looked different. They tired something different and it worked.

With the Turbo movie, it's like they didn't even try anything different, it was pretty much like watching a 2 hour episode of the show, and let's not get started with Justin.

I'm sorry but you can be a fan of a season, you don't have to watch all the queer incarnations.

Yes you can, but not a true fan. I just said that many posts ago. Also I loved the second movie and hated the first. You don't spend millions on a movie and not even be able to use it in the actual series, the Turbo movie is how the first one could have been.

I thought every season was cool up until Lost Galaxy. Space was awesome, but after that the show lost momentum.

RangerKing said:
Yes you can, but not a true fan. I just said that many posts ago. Also I loved the second movie and hated the first. You don't spend millions on a movie and not even be able to use it in the actual series, the Turbo movie is how the first one could have been.
they did it like that because back then it semed more like they wanted PR to be it's own entity..they just borrowed elements and monsters and costumes from sentai and tried to leave it at that. Looking at it from that perspective i like the first movie better. Even though the second one is based on the series it's direct to video quality.

I just don't see how you can like every single incarnation of the Power Rangers, some of them are just, guitared.

Because I take them really for all they are worth and because each season doesn't have the same cast as the one before I can't really judge them against each other. And despite what some people say, there were cast changes way before Lost Galaxy once a season.
Season One: Original Six
Season Two: Jason, Zack, Trini to Rocky, Adam, Aisha
Season Three: Kimberly and Aisha (though not official till Zeo) to Katherine and Tanya
Zeo: Aisha and Trey to Tanya (now official) and Jason
Turbo: Rocky, Tommy, Katherine, Tanya, Adam to Justin, T.J., Cassie, Ashley, and Carlos
Space: Justin to Andros
Galaxy: New cast but Kendrix to Karone
Lightspeed to S.P.D.: each season has a completely new cast without changes

RangerKing said:

But....Turbo was like, ULTRA low budget. At least the first movie looked like they spent money on it. How in the world was Turbo a better movie?

I remember seeing both movies in the theatre. The first movie was a fun experience with a big crowd. The 2nd movie was me, my brother and mother and one other family in an empty theatre...OPENING WEEKEND!:eek: I remember thinking"wow, this year hasn't been great for movies for me. Oh well, Batman and Robin is coming out soon and then all will be right". How wrong I was.:down

Actually the movie and season had one of the HIGHEST budgets in franchise history. And I base this on how much continuity something has. Since the first movie had zero and the second movie had everything to do with the series, I hate the first movie. If it was a standalone with nothing attached, it would be a pretty good movie.

Today I watched for the first time the Intro of the Americanized version of SPD.

What did they do to Doggie Kruger? :(

Japan
04-krugger01.jpg

USA
DoggieKruger.jpg
DoggieKruger2.jpg

What? I think he looks better in the American version. Also, anyone who's see all the Super Sentai season, do they have the team ups too?

And maybe I'm seeing things, but I thought I saw one of the new rangers bust out a breakdance move on S.P.D.

PyroChamber said:
What? I think he looks better in the American version.

.... :eek:

He looks fugly!

Also, anyone who's see all the Super Sentai season, do they have the team ups too?

I've sadly never seen all of the Sentai seasons, so far only the Hurricanger and Dekaranger. But team ups never occured in the series. They were only teaming up in Movie Specials.

04-teamup.jpg
03-teamup.jpg
gaovshurri4.jpg

Nathan said:
Exactly. If some are interested in the real stuff I recommend you to visit this site.

http://www.supersentai.com/database/index.html

It shows you all of the Rangers there have ever been, starting from 1975's 'Himitsu Sentai Goranger' to 2005 present time 'Mahou Sentai Magiranger'.

And just a little something, I don't know how many Episodes the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers had, but the original had only 50 Episodes. And they had only one consistent MegaZord. All other Zords that followed after were all taken from different seasons of different Rangers.

As an example, the Ninja Zord you see here belonged originally to the Kakuranger.

94nmeg.jpg
94team.jpg

And the Thunderzord belonged originally to the Dairanger.

dairenou.jpg
93host.jpg

Dairanger had the best costumes by far, the white ranger came from that show:up:

Guyverjay said:
Dairanger had the best costumes by far, the white ranger came from that show:up:

And he was a little kid I think. Maybe a Prince of some sort.

You should watch the original. It's really worthwhile to watch compared to the American uh... filth? No. Bastardization? hmm... still not the word I'm searching for.

Well, It's just better.

I remember an episode of Dino Thunder(I think) that paid tribute to Sentai by taking place mostly in Japan. It was about some baseball player.

Nathan said:
Today I watched for the first time the Intro of the Americanized version of SPD.

What did they do to Doggie Kruger? :(
They made him not look like a crappy stuffed animal thats what.I really like the new DC he looks much better.

He looks like Yoshi.

And even though the Japanese version looked like a stuffed puppet, he had style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"