Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid

Yeah, its an upgraded version of their mobile game, Legacy Wars. $20 is enough for me to keep an eye on it, but I am not hopeful.

Jason David Frank is really riding this Power Rangers gravy train until the wheels fall off lol.

I wish they’d really invest in a game and have voice actors and a real plot line, but I’m here for this.

It has a story mode, so who knows how much effort they will put in this. For $20, I may be willing to try it out.

It's probably early days, but from the gameplay video I watched for this, it looks terrible and very … clunky.

Yeah, I'm not optimistic. It is not going to be a very pretty game. Not too confident that they know they have to exploit console gamers differently than mobile gamers.

Teaser of the gameplay. Confirms 3v3. Still doesn't look amazing, but it is a budget game.

I fear it'll be a cash grab. It will probably have like 15-20 characters for $20, and for every additional new 3-4 characters, you'll have to pay another $20. I mean, just look at the collector's edition. You can pay $40 and get a season pass that will give you another 3 characters.

Solid fear. A mobile company making the leap to console likely doesn't understand what a console player can tolerate for DLC.

Teaser of the gameplay. Confirms 3v3. Still doesn't look amazing, but it is a budget game.

It looks it. I foresee many players trading this one in for one of the other combat games.

I think it is going to be digital only, so no trade in. That it is coming out the same month as MK 11 is not a great thing, however.

Doesn't look amazing but decent and it's not a full priced game, so that's cool

It's a standalone game and not a port . No big reason to hate on the developers or publisher for this. The concept is awesome and roster should be good, so if the gameplay is at least decent then it's all good!

Low key revealed 4 more of the starting roster in their online bracket.

Experience MORPH MADNESS!

Ranger Slayer (which is likely getting the MMPR Pink skin from the deluxe edition), Kat Manx (SPD Swan), Mastodon Sentry, and Goldar.

EDIT: Did a video with gameplay for Drakkon, Tommy, Jason, and Gia.

Sounds fairly simplistic control wise. Not looking too bad at the moment. Intrigued by the Zord/Giant Monster icon.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's from the twitch stream, once they get out of training mode. They are going to have another stream tomorrow, along with the results of their little voting bracket. Whose outcome is a complete toss up....

Anyway, I am sold on the game. It looks real fun, and great for only $20. I am sure the DLC is where they will make the major money, but fine. The game looks good for a budget game. Magna Defender is also confirmed in the starting roster. The starting roster is looking quite interesting. I suspect I know the baseline of the remaining six, but it will be fun to see the rest of the roster revealed.

Well we now know what the zord icon does.

The new characters look fun, particularly Kat and Magna Defefender.

I'm a tad worried about the description of this as the starting roster. The 6 blank slots have disappeared on the website. We will see if they answer this on the stream tonight.

Stream from yesterday.

Highlights Mastadon Trooper and Kat. Along with going into detail of the Megazords. Megazords are essentially a sparking mechanic from DBFZ, only it is pure offense (so far). Need to lose a character to be able to activate it. Also, they continue to have some amazing 2p colors, as we see the Troopers, Kat's, and Gia's. Hats off to Nway for making some great 2p colors. Can't wait to see Goldar's and Magna Defender's.

Also, IGN has some gameplay video of Goldar and Magna Defender.

This is actually starting to look pretty solid for a budget fighting title. Still needs some work though. Like the audio, the special effects sounds need a complete overhaul. Whether they are punching, slashing or shooting, it just sounds all so similar.

As for the roster, I'm fine with a small size at launch, especially for $20, but I hope the complete Mighty Morphin Rangers will be part of the launch roster. I know it would take time and they can't add the whole roster for every Ranger team that was ever created, but the original 6 deserve to be in there. Especially as it seems the game will focus on the Lord Drakkon arc from the comics.

I am fairly confident we are getting an actual pink and black ranger, as well as a blue ranger. If the base roster is still 15. Hopefully they answer that soon. They have had some issue with communication facts, it feels like. Personally, while I love MMPR, I do hope the last 6 are a bit more diverse in choices. It's bad enough that it sounds like the only Zord choices are from MMPR.

Don't there be a special edition or season pass? I wonder how many dlc characters it'll have

I am fairly confident we are getting an actual pink and black ranger, as well as a blue ranger. If the base roster is still 15. Hopefully they answer that soon. They have had some issue with communication facts, it feels like. Personally, while I love MMPR, I do hope the last 6 are a bit more diverse in choices. It's bad enough that it sounds like the only Zord choices are from MMPR.

If the launch roster truly consists of 15 characters, and 3 DLC characters with the season pass, I think you could still have a diverse roster, with 6 spots being reserved for the MMPR.

We have Jason and Tommy, Ranger Slayer is getting a Kimberly skin with the season pass, so we'd only be missing Zack, Trini and Billy to complete the roster. That would leave 7 spots left for any kind of Ranger to be added to the roster. And I am sure the roster would continue to grow, if the game does well enough.

Btw, how much of a fan favorite is Kat? I can't believe we got her instead of Shadow Ranger (Dekamaster).

19388684_1208756572587122_4068266419713875995_o.jpg

Don't there be a special edition or season pass? I wonder how many dlc characters it'll have

Only 3 additional characters. I haven't read about who they'll potentially be.

Yeah, choosing Kat over Kruger seems to suggest that they may be going for more off the wall choices rather than going straight for the popular choices. I say this while there are still 2 Tommy's in the game already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"