Powerless

Powerless is definitely aimed at the fans of 'big bang theory'. Some funny moments, but its direction goes into slapstick comedy, Danny Pudi is the best thing and i feel wasted, Vanessa H is good enough as are the supporting characters, but Alan Tudyk as Van Wayne, takes me out the show.
I feel like it doesn't know what it wants to be - i feel the tone of Parks & Rec, Community etc would have worked better.

Powerless is definitely aimed at the fans of 'big bang theory'. Some funny moments, but its direction goes into slapstick comedy, Danny Pudi is the best thing and i feel wasted, Vanessa H is good enough as are the supporting characters, but Alan Tudyk as Van Wayne, takes me out the show.
I feel like it doesn't know what it wants to be - i feel the tone of Parks & Rec, Community etc would have worked better.

Why can't a show be unique? Why does it have to be a retread of another show?

This show is not unique its a work place office comedy first & fore most & wont be missed if it gets cancelled

Last edited:

where did i say it wasn't unique? who asked for it to retread other shows?

This show is unique, how many other shows out there are based on normal every day people in a superhero filled world?

What you haven't grasped and neither have the shows producers is that it doesn't know what style or target audience it wants.

Certain styles and tones suit certain target audiences, for instance The Office and Parks and Rec are similar - Superstore is carrying on that it seems.

Where as Two broke girls is totally different. I can't be bothered to continue, fact is the show got cancelled which is too and as it seemed to be slowly finding its place.

That's disappointing. It only has two episodes left.

Yeah, it's done.

I mean, it was already done, but now it's official.
Not quite. The writing is spray painted on the walls in giant neon colored letters but it isn't officially cancelled yet.

Most of the time cancellations aren't officially announced. They just quietly go away.

No show in history that was pulled from the schedule before its first season finished airing has been renewed.

I agree it is cancelled but they have not given the official word yet. It is ultimately meaningless unless they try and move it to their new DC streaming service which I think is about as likely as it getting a full season pick up but it isn't likely.

Any word on a UK release date?

Or even a DVD release as at the very least I want to see how this turned out!

I hope Marvel take note of what didn't work when they make New Warriors.

18342511_10155319975241617_3815680301564237890_n.jpg

Cant say im really surprised, the show never really captured my interest...it felt powerless(pardon the pun)right from the start to me.
Everything felt very lifeless to me and i didnt care for any of the characters or the story.

Lifeless is an apt descriptor. I really was hoping for a second season to give the show a chance to self evaluate the first season and get better. Oh well. Disappointed on this, but not crushed.

There's an unaired episode called "Win Luthor Draw" that's available on On Demand until 7/1/17 (also on the website, I'm assuming with the same expiration date). It looks to be the episode with Adam West in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"