Days of Future Past Powers Display/Action sequences on the sequel

Well I was thinking also of the tent scene with Wolverine in X2.

Yes. I thought you might be!

Didn't that scene happen because the studio wanted Wolverine and Jean to get it on, and Singer disagreed with taking it that far but found a workaround by having 'Jean' be Mystique?

Actully the scene happened because they wanted to have a moment between Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry.So they had mystique morph Into all the X-Men women.In some versions of the script Wolverine spent night with Mystque In jean's form.Bryan Singer didn't want to do that far.

I liked that scene.Very sexy scene.You have the sexy X-men women on top of hugh at various times.

I use to hate Wolverine and his star role in the xmen movies, but that was a cool scene, definetly.

Specially to see Storm and Rogue with Logan on such a situation

Who wouldn't have wanted to be Hugh jackman with Famke Janssen,Rebecca Romijn,Halle Berry,and Anna Paquin all on top of him.

Actully the scene happened because they wanted to have a moment between Hugh Jackman and Halle Berry.So they had mystique morph Into all the X-Men women.In some versions of the script Wolverine spent night with Mystque In jean's form.Bryan Singer didn't want to do that far.

I liked that scene.Very sexy scene.You have the sexy X-men women on top of hugh at various times.

Yeah I liked that scene too! :woot: Plus imagine if Mystique also morped into Psylocke and Emma Frost.

The action sequences I want to see in the sequel
-More of Havok and Banshee using their powers. With Havok I want to see him use his powers with his hands (the rings will come out of his hand). With Banshee, I want him to use his screaming power to his opponents.
-More action to Emma's diamond form and a psychic battle with Professor X.

Would the Sentinels be metal, as that would easily make them so vulnerable to Magneto? Wouldn't whoever made them try to avoid using metal?

I recently saw that 90s cartoon episode where the Sentinels were made of a ceramic or plastic substance. They attacked Magneto on a ship and he used the metal of the ship as his weapon, like firing rivets through them.

I also like to theorise that the Magneto helmet from First Class wasn't metal in its original design, and that's why Erik didn't/couldn't directly lift it off Shaw in the submarine battle. It's worth noting that in the comics, the mutant Fantomex uses a mask made of ceramics (not metal) to block telepathy. Maybe Fassbender's Magneto puts a metal coating on to the helmet for the new redesign in the final scenes of First Class, so he can take it on and off using his powers....

I'd rather them be metal. Even though they're metal, doesn't mean he can control all of them against him. I imagine it would go down similar to this, ending with them eventually outnumbering and overpowering Magneto:

[YT]ULwMvt8IY0M[/YT]

I'd rather them be metal. Even though they're metal, doesn't mean he can control all of them against him. I imagine it would go down similar to this, ending with them eventually outnumbering and overpowering Magneto:

[YT]ULwMvt8IY0M[/YT]

That defeat was ridiculous. For someone who can lift the GG bridge, control and stop the plummeting X-jet and hold back (and then reverse) multiple nuclear missiles, he went down far too easy in that clip. The movie version is far more powerful.

That defeat was ridiculous. For someone who can lift the GG bridge, control and stop the plummeting X-jet and hold back (and then reverse) multiple nuclear missiles, he went down far too easy in that clip. The movie version is far more powerful.

Multiple nuclear missiles are one thing, but Sentinels that are ganging up on you and constantly attacking are much more difficult because you are constantly trying to defend yourself. Remember, this was before he lifted the GG bridge and the X-Jet as well. Even then, the GG bridge and the X-jet incidents might be swept away or changed with this "Days of Future Past" storyline.

Multiple nuclear missiles are one thing, but Sentinels that are ganging up on you and constantly attacking are much more difficult because you are constantly trying to defend yourself. Remember, this was before he lifted the GG bridge and the X-Jet as well. Even then, the GG bridge and the X-jet incidents might be swept away or changed with this "Days of Future Past" storyline.

But, still, in First Class he lifted a moving submarine from beneath the ocean and held back nuclear missiles. That is immense power.

If he can hold back an onslaught of nuclear missiles, he sure as hell can hold back an onslaught of Sentinels.

And what looked like a sonic attack in that clip feels a little too reminiscent of Banshee and takes away the uniqueness of Banshee's power, in my view.

But, still, in First Class he lifted a moving submarine from beneath the ocean and held back nuclear missiles. That is immense power.

If he can hold back an onslaught of nuclear missiles, he sure as hell can hold back an onslaught of Sentinels.

And what looked like a sonic attack in that clip feels a little too reminiscent of Banshee and takes away the uniqueness of Banshee's power, in my view.

It doesn't have to be a sonic attack, just something to keep him down. I wasn't saying that I wanted it to be exactly like that clip, just similar.

The difference is that the submarine and onslaught of nuclear missiles weren't constantly barraging him with attacks as they grouped up on him. To manipulate metal, Magneto has to put some concentration into it, but concentrating would be hard to do when you're constantly getting attacked by Sentinels. Sure he would crush some of them, but eventually they would probably get him down.

It doesn't have to be a sonic attack, just something to keep him down. I wasn't saying that I wanted it to be exactly like that clip, just similar.

The difference is that the submarine and onslaught of nuclear missiles weren't constantly barraging him with attacks as they grouped up on him. To manipulate metal, Magneto has to put some concentration into it, but concentrating would be hard to do when you're constantly getting attacked by Sentinels. Sure he would crush some of them, but eventually they would probably get him down.

I agree with that. If they were able to come en masse, relentlessly, he would at some point be unable to fight back against them all at once. As with any group attack on an individual.

I agree with that. If they were able to come en masse, relentlessly, he would at some point be unable to fight back against them all at once. As with any group attack on an individual.

Definitely. I really want every mutant in this movie to feel threatened by the Sentinels.

We don't actually see it in DoFP, but we're told that the future X-Men escaped because Magneto nobly distracted the Sentinels, and perished doing so. I'd like to be able to witness that happen in the movie.

McKellen's last stand against the sentinels would be fantastic. I'd want to see the original X-Men team dismantling sentinels too.

Hard to speculate on the 60's era stuff without having much idea about the plot, but I hope to see a much better looking Beast with some great acrobatics, and a new version of the deleted psychic battle between X and Frost.

There's a lot of room here for some creative and exciting set-pieces. I hope Vaughn & Co go all out.

I would love to see a villian from the future bring sentinels into the past and they would have to face them...and what if the government kept a piece of the sentinel to study it using a team of scientist that will lead to the plot of the 3rd film?

uxm141x2b.png

I always thought the scene of Colossus and the students escaping in the underground tunnels in X2 was reminiscent of the X-Men trying to escape the internment camps in Days of Future Past, just before they’re attacked by sentinels. I think including something like that would be a great way to be both faithful to the books and serve as a nod to the previous films.

Last edited:
Someone update me, I'm so behind on DOFP news
tumblr_m0i8y7JoWh1qikpgv.gif

uxm141x2b.png

I always thought the scene of Colossus and the students escaping in the underground tunnels in X2 was reminiscent of the X-Men trying to escape the internment camps in Days of Future Past, just before they’re attacked by sentinels. I think including something like that would be a great way to be both faithful to the books and serve as a nod to the previous films.

never thougth about that, but now that you mentioned, it really feels like a nod.

I would have loved to see more from that sequence, I loved to see Collossus helping the students and getting them out of the school, he felt like a hero. Would have been nice to see a bit more from Rogue too, helping the children

Someone update me, I'm so behind on DOFP news
tumblr_m0i8y7JoWh1qikpgv.gif

You didn't miss a lot. All we got is the title of the movie and the release date. Some of the interviews are insightful but they didn't really confirm anything big.

I wanna see Kitty Pride dive through a floor as an escape. :awesome:

I would also love to see Mystique take some steps into becoming the agile and great fighter we all know.

one of the things Im more interested in, regarding the action, is to watch a few shots where two/three x-men are fighting at the same time.

I mean, an action sequence with more than 30 seconds where the camera shows a big set and three individual fights taking place at the same time, with the camera moving from one character to the other with no cut.

you know, what Joss did with Avengers final battle, showing Cap and Thor fighting back to back, then the camera moving to Ironman flying in the air, then Hulk suddenly appears, then Black Widow....

that is something Fox has yet to do, and this sequel is the RIGHT moment. We need to see how badass and effective these x-men characters are, so.... Lets Show them fighting for their lifes!! damm :D

This topic had to be brought back.

With the special effects of latest years, I cant wait to see shots like these or even better and bigger:

tumblr_melbb9lLax1qhpoofo1_250.gif
tumblr_melbb9lLax1qhpoofo4_250.gif
tumblr_melbb9lLax1qhpoofo3_250.gif

tumblr_melbb9lLax1qhpoofo6_250.gif
tumblr_melbb9lLax1qhpoofo5_250.gif
tumblr_melbb9lLax1qhpoofo7_250.gif

I was checking an article with the latest casting announcements, and an user posted these and more gifs, saying how epic it would be to see Storm doing this type of stuff, so I cant help but get excited with the potential the confirmed x-men have this time, for the battle scenes

:wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"