Days of Future Past Powers Display/Action sequences on the sequel

What do you think the big final battle is going to be? It has to take place in the 70s right? Which would mean no sentinels...

Maybe those big action shots will be in the beginning of the movie.

I want to see Havok look like Havok.

I want the TRADEMARK CIRCLES...the best way to translate them would be a rippling lensflare that shows from EVERY and ANY angle.

the angrier he is, the BIGGER the rippling lensflare...

one of the things Im more interested in, regarding the action, is to watch a few shots where two/three x-men are fighting at the same time.

I mean, an action sequence with more than 30 seconds where the camera shows a big set and three individual fights taking place at the same time, with the camera moving from one character to the other with no cut.

you know, what Joss did with Avengers final battle, showing Cap and Thor fighting back to back, then the camera moving to Ironman flying in the air, then Hulk suddenly appears, then Black Widow....

that is something Fox has yet to do, and this sequel is the RIGHT moment. We need to see how badass and effective these x-men characters are, so.... Lets Show them fighting for their lifes!! damm :D

I agree the X-men do need an Avengers like fighting scene. Would be cool to see Wolverine and Colossus fight and tag team then storm comes flying in to shock some robots or other mutant. Also I am really interested in a Rogue action scene, she never got one in the 3 xmen movies, so I want to see Rogue finally using her powers to her full ability. They made her seem that her powers are not good for combat in the first few movies, but her powers can be deadly since she can absorb many abilities and use them to her advantage.

I want to see Havok look like Havok.

I want the TRADEMARK CIRCLES...the best way to translate them would be a rippling lensflare that shows from EVERY and ANY angle.

the angrier he is, the BIGGER the rippling lensflare...

I would like Havok's abilities to look closer to the comics as well. I would like them to make the energy beams blue/white and to make the energy look like it's permeating from the symbol in his chest instead of just coming out in straight beams or hula hoops. Explain his powers are increasing to make his beams look more white-hot and that's causing some of the energy to leak from his suit as he's using his powers.

I wanna see Kitty Pride dive through a floor as an escape. :awesome:

She did that during the mansion raid in X2. I think they need to expand on use of her abilities a little more than that.

Well it's not the only thing I want her to do (and I mean more of a literal dive when being chased, not just phasing through a floor). I definitely want to see Kitty walk on air too! Among other things.

Kitty phasing Into camp with Wolverine.

Kitty phases target of assassination Into other room and goes back where sje and Mystique engage Into hand to hand combat.

Adding to Kitty, Kitty phasing into a Sentinel and causing some interior damage.

honestly, with all the characters the possibilities are endless.

I need to see Ice Man traveling on his ice slides this time. It would also be cool to see him transporting other people on one.

Colossus dropping from the X-Jet as he armors up and cannonballs straight through the body of a Sentinel below. The wrecked Sentinel explodes from the blow and Colossus walks out from the flames in his armored form.

Beast acrobatically dodging blasts as he swings from Sentinel to Sentinel, causing them to destroy themselves in their chase.

A Sentinel has one of the mutants in a tight grip, and Kitty phases through it from behind, grabs the mutant, then phases out of the Sentinel's hand and into the ground. She would then rise from the ground with the mutant, distant from the Sentinel.

Magneto tearing through Sentinels as he hovers over the ground.

Magneto hurling Colossus and/or Wolverine towards a Sentinel.

Awesome ideas!

THAT is the stuff the comics and tv shows have done, so its about time the movie franchise starts doing something as epic as all of that

Seeing as Storm can fly it'd be cool if a few sentinels took chase and she eventually destroys them mid-air.

Colossus using some brute force.

We also need to see some team fighting.

I need to see at least ONE flying scene where we see Storm flying over some streets, and in the middle of some buildings.

And if its fighting Sentinels, I would be MORE than pleased. She is the most visual, so Singer, show an epic flying sequence!! please. At least around 8 seconds. no joke, it would be enough to shock the audience, and much more than what we have seen on the previous movies.

This topic had to be brought back.

With the special effects of latest years, I cant wait to see shots like these or even better and bigger:

tumblr_melbb9lLax1qhpoofo1_250.gif
tumblr_melbb9lLax1qhpoofo4_250.gif
tumblr_melbb9lLax1qhpoofo3_250.gif

tumblr_melbb9lLax1qhpoofo6_250.gif
tumblr_melbb9lLax1qhpoofo5_250.gif
tumblr_melbb9lLax1qhpoofo7_250.gif

I was checking an article with the latest casting announcements, and an user posted these and more gifs, saying how epic it would be to see Storm doing this type of stuff, so I cant help but get excited with the potential the confirmed x-men have this time, for the battle scenes

:wow:

I dunno why, but somehow I think FOX would be willing to go this distance this time. They definitely need to "up the ante" to stay in the game post Avengers. And since Storm will be in this, these are easy, low-hanging fruit options in terms of money shots.

I can't wait to see how the time travel works, there has to be a cool visual presentation for that just like how Professor X uses the Cerebro.

I dunno why, but somehow I think FOX would be willing to go this distance this time. They definitely need to "up the ante" to stay in the game post Avengers. And since Storm will be in this, these are easy, low-hanging fruit options in terms of money shots.

All of the upcoming cbms do, which is why I'm so happy Avengers came out.

The visual effect department is definitely up for a challenge, they have a lot of things to do in the movie like Storm's powers, Iceman's ice form, Colossus' steel form, Shadowcat's phasing look, the Sentinels, Pixie's teleportation, the time-travel sequence, etc... I hope the visual effects will look real and expensive.

The visual effect department is definitely up for a challenge, they have a lot of things to do in the movie like Storm's powers, Iceman's ice form, Colossus' steel form, Shadowcat's phasing look, the Sentinels, Pixie's teleportation, the time-travel sequence, etc... I hope the visual effects will look real and expensive.

They got the best in the business working on the visual effects on this one. As good as they are in the Avengers, I'm looking forward to them not being so cartoony in this one.

thats great news!! he fits the role perfectly! impressed with this, mr. Singer, lol

Pixie's teleportation...:hehe:

I meant Blink.

I don't know for some reason I always mix up Blink and Pixie, its probably the color of their hair.

They got the best in the business working on the visual effects on this one. As good as they are in the Avengers, I'm looking forward to them not being so cartoony in this one.

I hope the VFX gets an Oscar nomination! It will be a first for this series! If FOX's movies Life of Pi and Prometheus got a nomination, I don't see why this movie shouldn't get one too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"