Preacher Preacher Season One, Episode 9 "Finish the Song"

Guts

Smug
Reaction score
preacher-logo.jpg
Jesse is on the run while those around him face life-altering decisions. The Cowboy returns to Ratwater to exact his revenge.
preacher-episode-108-deblanc-yusef-935.jpg

Nice nod to Breaking Bad.

The Saint is coming folks. Really enjoyed this episode.

Dat BrBa filming location and the dog to boot. :up:

Emily's out of nowhere decision, and Jesse's flippant attitude about the Mayor being dead was really startling. I'm supposed to root for these characters, but I really hate all of them.

Emily's out of nowhere decision, and Jesse's flippant attitude about the Mayor being dead was really startling. I'm supposed to root for these characters, but I really hate all of them.

Yeah. Between the dog and the mayor, who as far as Emily and co knew was just an innocent doofus, it's really hard to root for anyone. At this point if The Saint showed up and murdered all of them it'd make a fine end to the show.

What Emily did was pretty damn despicable.

I think that may have been the worst thing any one not in bad place has done so far.

What Emily did was pretty damn despicable.

I think that may have been the worst thing any one not in bad place has done so far.

Worse than Odin Quincannon slaughtering a room full of people and Miles helping him cover it up?

Not worse than what Odin did, but that was still pretty damned awful and really out of character for her. WTF.

Worse than Odin Quincannon slaughtering a room full of people and Miles helping him cover it up?
Yeah. Those other guys were strangers to Odin and he was under the influence of Genesis. What Miles did afterward was pretty bad but its not like he led them to Odin's office knowing theyd be murdered.

Emily did lead him to slaughter. A guy she was intimate with and who took care of her kids at times. I think the lack of remorse was what made it even worse.

Not worse than what Odin did, but that was still pretty damned awful and really out of character for her. WTF.

Right. It's not very encouraging when a show fails to not only capture the personalities of the characters it's supposed to be adapting, but can't even seem to keep it's own original characters consistent before the episodes are even in double digits.

Does anyone know how this show is doing ratings-wise?

Killing one sleazy politician to revive a friend, while not justifiable in any sense, is not nearly as bad as murdering four people with a shotgun.

Emily was portrayed from the very beginning as being manipulative of Miles. She knew that she had him on a leash and didn't really care for him.

Why did the Saint of Killers go back to Ratwater? To save the family he crossed paths with on his way back home?

Question : the flashbacks with the Saint in this episode happened in bad place ?

Why did the Saint of Killers go back to Ratwater? To save the family he crossed paths with on his way back home?

In the show he goes back twice.

Once to save the little boy that waved to him from the wagon. That bad preacher shoots The Saint's horse and it delays him too much to save his own family.

The second time he returns is to kill everyone. It was fleshed out a lot better in the book and the character's motives were a lot clearer, no surprises there.

Yeah. bad place is reliving your sins on loop.

Thanks for the clarification.

In the show he goes back twice.

Once to save the little boy that waved to him from the wagon. That bad preacher shoots The Saint's horse and it delays him too much to save his own family.

The second time he returns is to kill everyone. It was fleshed out a lot better in the book and the character's motives were a lot clearer, no surprises there.

I thought he went back because the family were Indians killers and he wanted to set thing right ( ie kill them all ). I don't understand why the kid was in danger.

Woah at what Emily did. I liked it though. The guy was a sleazy prick who started to cross the boundary that Emily had set.

Does anyone know how this show is doing ratings-wise?

Episode 1: 0.90 rating, 2.380 million viewers
Episode 2: 0.80 rating, 2.075 million viewers
Episode 3: 0.68 rating, 1.754 million viewers
Episode 4: 0.43 rating, 1.142 million viewers
Episode 5: 0.49 rating, 1.425 million viewers
Episode 6: 0.51 rating, 1.494 million viewers
Episode 7: 0.55 rating, 1.547 million viewers
Episode 8: 0.63 rating, 1.649 million viewers
Episode 9: 0.61 rating, 1.565 million viewers

It's in the upper middle of the pack as far as AMC shows. Not as high as Better Caul Saul, nowhere close to the Walking Dead shows, but much better than stuff like Halt and Catch Fire, Night Manager, or Washington's Spies.

Already renewed for a second season, and they increased the episode count from 10 to 13. So all things considered it's a middling success. Good enough to get renewed and probably profitable, but not a real hit either.

Through its first 9 episodes it's not doing as well as iZombie did, the lowest rated comic show on network TV.

It seemed to be hurt by competition from Game of Thrones but steadily climbed for a month after GoT ended.

I thought he went back because the family were Indians killers and he wanted to set thing right ( ie kill them all ). I don't understand why the kid was in danger.

I don't think he gave a hoot about the Indians. He witnessed people in the backroom of the saloon killing a child (or the aftermath, I forget). Then on his way home that chubby kid waved at him "We're going to Ratwater!". The implication was the portly lad would suffer the same terrible fate as the other child, so The Saint set off to rescue him. Too late to save the kid, too late to save his family.

Episode 1: 0.90 rating, 2.380 million viewers
Episode 2: 0.80 rating, 2.075 million viewers
Episode 3: 0.68 rating, 1.754 million viewers
Episode 4: 0.43 rating, 1.142 million viewers
Episode 5: 0.49 rating, 1.425 million viewers
Episode 6: 0.51 rating, 1.494 million viewers
Episode 7: 0.55 rating, 1.547 million viewers
Episode 8: 0.63 rating, 1.649 million viewers
Episode 9: 0.61 rating, 1.565 million viewers

It's in the upper middle of the pack as far as AMC shows. Not as high as Better Caul Saul, nowhere close to the Walking Dead shows, but much better than stuff like Halt and Catch Fire, Night Manager, or Washington's Spies.

Already renewed for a second season, and they increased the episode count from 10 to 13. So all things considered it's a middling success. Good enough to get renewed and probably profitable, but not a real hit either.

Through its first 9 episodes it's not doing as well as iZombie did, the lowest rated comic show on network TV.

It seemed to be hurt by competition from Game of Thrones but steadily climbed for a month after GoT ended.

Thanks!

Those are some interesting numbers. Given how Preacher compares to AMC's other shows, I guess it's probably going to stick around for a while.

Launching on a Sunday night while Game of Thrones is on air is insanity.

Woah at what Emily did. I liked it though. The guy was a sleazy prick who started to cross the boundary that Emily had set.

So he deserved to be horribly murdered?

Naw, but him over all those poor pets Tulip picked up.

Emily was portrayed from the very beginning as being manipulative of Miles. She knew that she had him on a leash and didn't really care for him.

I think we've all been guilty of being a bit manipulative towards a romantic partner we're not all that into. Feeding them to what is essentially a lethal animal is a whole other world of evil.

I think we've all been guilty of being a bit manipulative towards a romantic partner we're not all that into. Feeding them to what is essentially a lethal animal is a whole other world of evil.

Consider yourself fortunate that you haven't met girls like Emily

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"