Preacher: Season One

Discussion in 'Preacher' started by craigaat, Mar 29, 2016.

1. craigaat

craigaat World's Greatest Spy

Yay, a Preacher forum!

With the announcement that Jackie Earle Haley is playing Quincannon, we know that the show is going to deviate from the comic timeline. So my question is what else will they include in season one that differs from the earlier comics?

2. mafamatik

mafamatik Active Member

Hey! Massive fan of the graphic novels here - so at first I was really really unsure about them making a tv show out of it, but from early pictures and the trailers and a few peoples reactions from Wondercon I'm a bit more optimistic - providing I keep in mind it's not going to be a page for page recreation on the screen..

JEH playing Quincannon is a big statement that they're mixing up the timeline in a pretty big way - I'm not sure how they'll handle it at all.

I'm thinking of the big story arcs, like being back on Granma's farm with Jody and T.C and even the Quincannon story where he becomes sherriff - to the outrageous stuff like Reaver Cleaver and the trip to New Orleans..

They've basically got a lot of threads they can knit into something that could be pretty incredible..

I'm stoked to see how they transition Cassidy onto the screen and how they handle Saint of Killers..

I have a hunch that the first season will focus on Jesse and Genesis inhabiting him - his relationship with Tulip and meeting Cassidy - maybe Quincannon is the first time Jesse really uses the Word - Curious also how they seemed to miss out his dad was a marine not a preacher (at first) but maybe it'll be explained..

Man I could ramble all day but think I'll favourite this thread and hope it picks up some nearer release..

3. craigaat

Yeah it would be good to see the Proud Americans arc on screen. They could probably condense that down into one episode or have Baker tell the story through flashbacks over the course of a season. I've got a feeling that a lot is going to be shown via flashbacks.

To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed that Cassidy doesn't where his shades.

4. mafamatik

mafamatik Active Member

I'm trying to think who'll they'll get to play Starr (if they keep that in which they should as it's pretty integral in the scheme of it) and how they'll work all that into it.
    I agree with a lot being shown as flashbacks, it's the only way a lot of it will work.

Same here dude, when you finally see behind his shades you're shocked and repulsed, but here he's just 'normal' looking, unless they work something in - Cassidy's backstory and travels were pretty damn funny and interesting..

Arseface looks pretty decent I guess..

Just look forward to watching this while rereading the novels and making notes - I've been on SHH for a year but infrequently post - but I think i'll be on this board a lot!

5. Dr. Manhatten

Dr. Manhatten Well-Known Member

I'm pretty reasonably sure they won't screw this up and that's all I've ever wanted from a Preacher adaptation :)

6. Slick

Slick Yup

7. runawayboulder

runawayboulder 2016 NFL Pick Em CHAMP

8. Guts

Guts Gul

[YT]m1qUEpO_z0w[/YT]

9. Logan0327

Logan0327 Well-Known Member

10. mafamatik

mafamatik Active Member

Ok that smile is creepy but pretty much in character for ol'Cass.. I need to find a way to watch this come May, not sure when/if the UK will get it.

Off topic but I read that Seth and Co want to make The Boys into a tv show too - with the Superhero movies still being popular it will be good to see how/if they make it.

11. craigaat

That's a cool picture of Cassidy.

I can't view any of the new previews or trailers in the UK :(

12. Logan0327

13. HighFivingMF

HighFivingMF Welp.

I usually hate "cast bald actor as bald character" things but... Mark Strong.

14. craigaat

I suppose Christoph Waltz would be the dream choice? Too high profile to do TV now though. If it was up to me I'd cast a comedian as Starr, but the accent could be a stretch.

15. Logan0327

John Malkovich for herr starr would be solid
    [​IMG]

16. craigaat

Good choice. Who should play Hoover and Featherstone? I'm not sure how old they should be, but if they're younger I'd go for

Nathan Stewart-Jarrett
    [​IMG]

Greta Gerwig
    [​IMG]

But if the characters are older I'd go for

Andre Royo
    [​IMG]

Anna Torv
    [​IMG]

17. Black Narcissus

Black Narcissus Pimp a Butterfly

18. Cosmic Blaster

Cosmic Blaster Well-Known Member

Wow! Just signed up for this forum and the first thread I see is this one. I had no idea they were making Preacher into a TV series. I remember when there was talk of Kevin Smith adapting it for a movie but they just couldn't make it work on the big screen. Just checked out the trailer. It's gonna be great. And only a month until it premieres!

Think I am going to enjoy my time on this forum

19. craigaat

Welcome to the hype.

20. famicommander

famicommander Well-Known Member

I'm really not worried about any deviations from the source material. iZombie and Lucifer are extremely loose adaptations and frankly I love both shows. Just take the broad concepts and deliver a great show -- we'll always have the comics either way.

21. mafamatik

mafamatik Active Member

Completely agree with this; I'm sure a few people will complain they stray from the novels but not everything transfers from the page to screen.

I'm curious when the UK will get this or will I need to be devious and find it online somewhere..

I saw the clip of Tulip fighting that guy in the out of control car through the field.. so far I'm liking what I see!

22. craigaat

I don't mind some of the minor changes they've made from the comics, it's just that starting with one of the later arcs seems a bit odd to me.

23. craigaat

New posters are pretty sweet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Just found out that my dads uncle who is an actor is gonna be in this show. He's been on parks and rec, Seinfeld, married with children, was in batman returns and Edward Scissorhands. He was even on Americas most wanted during those dramatizations he played a father that killed his son and his gf. I'm talking to him right now about him being on Preacher.

25. MurkeNyou

MurkeNyou Well-Known Member

New trailer looks tight.