Preacher Preacher: Season Two

Started Binging it yesterday and finished it, imo it was better than S1 I loved the call backs and layering of stuff that already happened

Avoiding all spoilers on here until I have finished the season but man just seen episode 6 last night and wow it was great.

The way they show the souls being taken from the poor to give to the rich is cool it was a nice little nod to how classes are treated differently.

Preacher finally tricking the Saint of Killers into taking a piece of his soul was awesome "I SAID GET ON YOUR KNEES!" and then revealing to him he was never sending him to heaven was nice, you know its going to come back and bite him in the ass later on since he didn't actually send him back to hell but I suppose he needs his 1% of his soul back.

Highlight of the episode was finding out Dennis is Cassidy's son. The best acting I have seen from the Joe yet, he's always great but this felt next level. It made the fact that Cassidy couldn't speak any French even worse and made you wonder what made him up and leave him. It was actually a really bittersweet moment that sort of humanized the whole vampire thing, because that must be horrible outliving all of your children. Plus it opens the door for more of Cassidy's kids to be out there.

Well I know it's taken me a long time (mostly because I ended up starting Viking's halfway through the season) but I finally finished season 2.

Think this season is even better than the first, I loved the New Orleans setting.

It was nice to see Eugenie finally escape hell although it did raise my few eyebrows how quickly he forgave Hitler lol, can't believe he's going to be on the loose next season as well. Not a big deal or anything but I wish Ms Mannering hadn't been able to take out the Ferryman so easily, once he squared up to her and used his hell voice to, I liked the idea of him being one of the more powerful characters in hell, the literal bridge between life & death so when I he died I was a little gutted.

Got to admit I felt a little bad for the saint going back to hell just so his wife or daughter didn't need to take his place. (maybe their is redemption for him yet)

Dennis's story went down a dark road which I sort of expected with Cassidy so unwilling to turn him and the call to Seamus who also said he should let him die. I loved his speech to Tulip about how truly hollow an eternal life is. It might sound bad but I was actually a bit relived when Cassidy killed him as you could tell he was a danger to Jessie & Tulip.

Whoever the actress is who plays Featherstone bravo, thought she was great in every scene she was in the effortless switch between ditzy and totally devoted to the Grail made you very uneasy.

Going to start season 3 when I get finished work tonight. Can't wait to see how they bring Tulip back and why the word isn't working anymore for Jessie.

9/10

Glad you liked it. I hope you enjoy season 3, it's my personal favorite season thus far

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"