Predator 3

The Demon said:
Arnie is OLD.
Glover is OLD.

The Rock!!!

Supposedly the movie will be about Dutch's son, and so if the mother was the girl from the first movie, I think that The Rock would be a perfect fit for the role.

Hmm... What if he becomes the target of the son of the Predator from the first film? Heheheh... There's plenty of interesting stuff they could do. I like the idea of him having some of that John Connor esque paranoia, because he would have grown up listening to his parents' horror stories about the Predator, and that screwed him up a bit. Personally, I think the best name for such a film would be "Predator: Offspree" or some other subtitle having to do with offspree. Also, to make it believable that The Rock is playing Dutch's son, I think that the setting of the film should be sort of post-modern, since the first film would have taken place in the 80's, and it has to be believable that Dutch's son would be in his late 20's now.

Yes,I'm actually not a big fan of The Rock,But I believe,when Arnie did his cameo in that Rock movie,winked at him and said "have fun"...he was passing the "Predator" torch.

lol, now that i think about it, that would be not too bad of an idea, despite the rock being part black and all and the woman from the first movie being spanish, i think it could be pulled off. altho i see absolutley no way it woudl be possible to believe that the rock is arnolds son

yes arnold is older now, so is glover (he looks like a grampa now) but that doesn't mean they couldnt' be in a predator movie still. they wouldn't be able to do the stuff they did in the first movie but it would make for more character depth and what happened to them and what is left over from their prime when it comes to dealing with the predator again. if they were to survive, it woul dbe one hell of a stunt to pull off becaue by rights, if arnold or glover appear in another predator movie and end up being within the eye sight of a predator again, that should be their demise

dont' much have any interest in the son of the 1st movie's predator, there would be no emotion shown, there is no real way to show it's his son since if he were to even have a picture from dear old dad that he kept, it looks like the rest of the race anyways. anybody could simply confuse it with just another predator taking revenge of continuing that predator's reasons for being where he was.

I read a rumor that WWE's John Cena is being considered to play the role of Dutch's son.

worst idea ever! The Rock is the best choice as Arnold has said that he suports the Rock as an up-and-coming star! The Rock for Predator 3 damn it!

The Rock!!!!:eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he's as bad as an actor as Vin Diesel!!!!! Keep him and his freaking eyebrow away from Predator.....PLEASE!!!!!

You don't think the AvP predators looked bad, yet you object to the Rock? I personally think the Rock would be good in a predator movie.

Flexo said:
You don't think the AvP predators looked bad, yet you object to the Rock? I personally think the Rock would be good in a predator movie.

calzowned.jpg

The Rock wouldn't have a hard time filling the shoes of Arnie and Danny Glover. With physically big actors, you don't go to their movies expecting oscar worthy emotion from them. You go to their movies because they are good entertainers. Arnold's work wasn't exactly Shakespear, but we all loved him because he had charm, and he was good at entertaining. The Rock would be perfectly adiquet for a Predator film, and it would probably be 100x better than the poop Paul Anderson puts out.

Or he could play the kid that the woman was pregnant with in the 2nd movie! That would be a good way to tie things in.

Flexo said:

YES!!! As a Predator, that way we don't have to see him talk or act!!!!

as for the AvP Predators, they could've looked much worse. Don't get me wrong, I like the original Preds far more...no comparison!!!!

The Rock makes since to be the movie. He is the next big up and coming action star. I don't understand all the hate for The Rock and Vin!

swifty said:
YES!!! As a Predator, that way we don't have to see him talk or act!!!!

as for the AvP Predators, they could've looked much worse. Don't get me wrong, I like the original Preds far more...no comparison!!!!

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but please compare these two predator pics and tell me that the AvP Predators looked half-way decent.

fakepred2.jpg

pred1.jpg

The predators from AvP were too short, looked puffy, and Scar had a completely messed up face. The Rock may not be a great actor, but as an action star, I'd say he works fine.

the bottum one looks right Scar looks messed up. I guess not seeing a correct predator on screen next to Scar made me just except what I was givin. Damn he looks bad.

Flexo said:
I'm not trying to be a jerk, but please compare these two predator pics and tell me that the AvP Predators looked half-way decent.

fakepred2.jpg

pred1.jpg

The predators from AvP were too short, looked puffy, and Scar had a completely messed up face. The Rock may not be a great actor, but as an action star, I'd say he works fine.

yes I agree!!! The original Pred look tons better, like I posted before no comparison, that's what they get by not consulting with Stan Winston first!!!!! ;)

The Avp Pred's mouth is too wide!!!! :rolleyes:

Darth Rockwell said:
The Rock makes since to be the movie. He is the next big up and coming action star. I don't understand all the hate for The Rock and Vin!

have you seen Chronicles of Riddik or the previews for "The Pacifier"...now you tell me if Vin is Oscar caliber!!! :D

The Rock is as charismatic as a plant...nuff said!!!

Arnold's charisma made up more than enough for his acting skills!!!!

Darth Rockwell said:

The Rock is a great choice but Vin Diesel CAN'T ACT. Why can't people see that.

swifty said:
have you seen Chronicles of Riddik or the previews for "The Pacifier"...now you tell me if Vin is Oscar caliber!!! :D

The Rock is as charismatic as a plant...nuff said!!!

Arnold's charisma made up more than enough for his acting skills!!!!

Are kidding because thats funny: Vin Diesel Oscar caliber.

I like both The Rock and Diesel. I think people like to rag on them because they appear in alot of crappy movies since hardly any of today's big budget blockbusters have roles written for muscular actors. Everyone wants the little sissy who runs away or the shrimpy guy who can do wire-foo. But there's an utter lack of roles for actors like Vin Diesel and The Rock. When they get the roles that work for them like Riddick or Beck from The Rundown, they get a chance to shine, and remind us why we all loved the 80's era of Arnie and Sly. But since those roles are usually few and far between, they end up being in crap like xXx and The Scorpion King. Once Hollywood gets over it's obsession with pretty people and fake martial arts, maybe Vin Diesel and The Rock will finally start getting the good roles.

Oh my God. I caved in and bought AVP despite the fact I think it's a Z grade tribute to both Predator and Alien. What is wrong with me?!

the fight scenes are great, aren't they but crappy story!!!!
It seems like we're going to get another AvP movie.
I really hope it shines this time!!!!! I want Ridley Scott for director or preferably James Cameron!!!!

James or Scott probably would never touch this franchise. They bot have moved on and never looked bac. Look at Cameron he wouldn't eve nmake the thrid movie to his Terminator series.

There are probably alot of little-known directors filming fan movies in their back yard who could make an AVP movie 100x better than Anderson.

Which moment in Predator scared you the most?
mine is when he takes off his mask, roars, and starts walking towards Arnold with his arms open.
predator.jpg

or when the Predator starts laughing after he activates his bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"