Predict Gunn's 8-10 year plan.

Invader Joker

Superhero
Reaction score
What do you think Gunn's 8-10 year plan/slate will be like?

I'll start.

In case he only plans to soft-reboot after The Flash:
Films:
-Black Canary.
Shows:
-Peacemaker season 2.
Films:
-Wonder Woman 3.
-Shazam 3* (Provided 2nd one does well)
Shows:
-His Amanda Waller show.
Films:
-Superman.
-The Flash 2.
-Aquaman 3*
-Blue Beetle 2*
Shows:
-Peacemaker season 3.
Films:
-Justice League with Starro as main villain.
-Green Arrow and Black Canary.
-Green Lantern.
Films:
-Martian Manhunter.
-New Gods.
-Hawkman/Hawkwoman.
-Wonder Woman 4 *
Films:
-Superman 2
-Blue Beetle 3*
-Booster Gold.
-Doom Patrol
Films:
-Justice League 2 with Legion of Doom as main villains.
-Green Lantern 2.*
-Green Arrow and Black Canary 2.*
-Titans
Films:
-Martian Manhunter 2. *
-Hawkman/Hawkwoman 2.*
-Wonder Woman 5.*
Films:
-Justice League 3: Final Crisis Pt. 1
Films:
-Justice League 4: Final Crisis Pt. 2

In case he plans to soft reboot after The Flash... adding Robert Pattinson's Batman to the mix:

Films:
-Scarecrow.
-Black Canary.
Shows:
-Peacemaker season 2.
-The Penguin.
-Gotham PD.
Films:
-Clayface.
-Wonder Woman 3.
-The Batman 2.
Shows:
-His Amanda Waller show.
-Arkham.
-Catwoman.
Films:
-Professor Pyg.
-Superman.
-The Flash 2.
-Aquaman 3*
-Blue Beetle 2*
Shows:
-More The Batman spin-offs (too hard to predict what that'd be since it could literally be anything, depends on the second movie plot)
-Peacemaker season 3.
Films:
-Green Lantern.
-Another The Batman movie spin-off. Again, too hard to even guess. The rogues gallery is extensive.
Shows:
-More The Batman spin-offs (too hard to predict what that'd be since it could literally be anything)
Films:
-The Batman 3.
-New Gods.
-Hawkman/Hawkwoman.
-Wonder Woman 4 *
Films:
-Superman 2
-Blue Beetle 3*
-Booster Gold.
-Doom Patrol
Films:
-Green Lantern 2.*
-Titans
Films:
-Martian Manhunter 2. *
-Hawkman/Hawkwoman 2.*
-Wonder Woman 5.*
Films:
Films:

Last edited:
I'll start.

In case he only plans to soft-reboot after The Flash:
Films:
-Black Canary.
Shows:
-Peacemaker season 2.
Films:
-Wonder Woman 3.
Shows:
-His Amanda Waller show.
Films:
-Superman.
-The Flash 2.
-Aquaman 3*
-Blue Beetle 2*
Shows:
-Peacemaker season 3.
Films:
-Green Lantern.
Films:
-Martian Manhunter.
-New Gods.
-Hawkman/Hawkwoman.
-Wonder Woman 4 *
Films:
-Superman 2
-Blue Beetle 3*
-Booster Gold.
-Doom Patrol
Films:
-Green Lantern 2.*
-Titans
Films:
-Martian Manhunter 2. *
-Hawkman/Hawkwoman 2.*
-Wonder Woman 5.*
Films:
Films:

In case he plans to soft reboot after The Flash... adding Robert Pattinson's Batman to the mix:

Films:
-Scarecrow.
-Black Canary.
Shows:
-Peacemaker season 2.
-The Penguin.
-Gotham PD.
Films:
-Clayface.
-Wonder Woman 3.
-The Batman 2.
Shows:
-His Amanda Waller show.
-Arkham.
-Catwoman.
Films:
-Professor Pyg.
-Superman.
-The Flash 2.
-Aquaman 3*
-Blue Beetle 2*
Shows:
-More The Batman spin-offs (too hard to predict what that'd be since it could literally be anything, depends on the second movie plot)
-Peacemaker season 3.
Films:
-Green Lantern.
-Another The Batman movie spin-off. Again, too hard to even guess. The rogues gallery is extensive.
Shows:
-More The Batman spin-offs (too hard to predict what that'd be since it could literally be anything)
Films:
-The Batman 3.
-New Gods.
-Hawkman/Hawkwoman.
-Wonder Woman 4 *
Films:
-Superman 2
-Blue Beetle 3*
-Booster Gold.
-Doom Patrol
Films:
-Green Lantern 2.*
-Titans
Films:
-Martian Manhunter 2. *
-Hawkman/Hawkwoman 2.*
-Wonder Woman 5.*
Films:
Films:
I’m a dyed in the wool DC fan. But this list depresses me.

The same as the other "long term" plans from the studio. They will announce a bunch of projects, a few of them will actually be made, before the course correct after another merger.

This. It’s all just another round of bull, designed to appease shareholders and convince the audience there’s some sort of plan. There isn’t.

The only decent, proper actual plan they could have now is to reboot everything except Batman… and that’s not happening.

A showdown between Black Adam and Peacemaker, because we've already seen it twice in WWE.

:o

Well Gunn said all the films, animated films, and TV shows will share a story arc.
So I'm thinking either a Darkseid storyline with apocalypse invading, or...
The anti-monitor with crisis on infinite earths.

As for films? I have no idea.
I know what I'd like to see.
Other than the obvious of the big 3.
Etrigan
GL
MM
Lex Luther origin
Spectre
Deadman
Powergirl
Booster gold
The question
Solomon Grundy
Lobo
New Gods.
Vandal savage
Dr Fate

Hard reboot after The Flash using The Batman as template, but DCEU continuity still manages to wrap their stories up in some projects that are chronologically placed before The Flash.
Films:
-Scarecrow. (DCU)
Shows:
-Peacemaker season 2. (DCEU)
-Amanda Waller show. (DCU?)
-The Penguin. (DCU)
-Gotham PD. (DCU)
Films:
-Clayface (DCU)
-Wonder Woman 3. (DCEU)
-The Batman 2. (DCU)
-Shazam 3* (DCEU)
Shows:
-Arkham. (DCU)
-Catwoman. (DCU)
Films:
-Professor Pyg. (DCU)
-Superman.(DCU)
-The Flash 2. (DCU)
-Blue Beetle 2* (DCU)
Shows:
-More The Batman spin-offs (too hard to predict what that'd be since it could literally be anything, depends on the second movie plot) (DCU)
Films:
-Green Arrow and Black Canary. (DCU)
-Green Lantern. (DCU)
-Another The Batman movie spin-off. Again, too hard to even guess. The rogues gallery is extensive. (DCU)
Shows:
-More The Batman spin-offs (too hard to predict what that'd be since it could literally be anything) (DCU)
Films:
-The Batman 3. (DCU)
-New Gods. (DCU)
-Hawkman/Hawkwoman. (DCU)
-Wonder Woman reboot. (DCU)
-Justice League with Starro as main villain. (DCU)
Films:
-Superman 2 (DCU)
-Blue Beetle 3 (DCU)
-Booster Gold. (DCU)
-Doom Patrol (DCU)
Films:
-Justice League 2 with Legion of Doom as main villains. (DCU)
-Green Lantern 2.* (DCU)
-Green Arrow and Black Canary 2.* (DCU)
-Titans (DCU)
Films:
-Martian Manhunter 2. * (DCU)
-Hawkman/Hawkwoman 2.* (DCU
-Wonder Woman 2.* (DCU)
Films:
-Justice League 3: Final Crisis Pt. 1 (DCU)
Films:
-Justice League 4: Final Crisis Pt. 2 (DCU)

Hard reboot after The Flash using The Batman as starting point.
Films:
-Scarecrow.
Shows:
-Peacemaker season 2. (Last DCEU project)
-The Penguin.
-Gotham PD.
Films:
-Clayface.
-The Batman 2.
Shows:
-Amanda Waller show.
-Arkham.
-Catwoman.
Films:
-Professor Pyg.
-Superman reboot.
-The Flash 2 which also functions as a reboot.
-Wonder Woman reboot.
-Blue Beetle 2*
Shows:
Films:
-Green Lantern.
Shows:
Films:
-The Batman 3.
-New Gods.
-JSA.
-Wonder Woman 2 *
Films:
-Superman 2
-Blue Beetle 3*
-Booster Gold.
-Doom Patrol
Films:
-Green Lantern 2.*
-Titans
Films:
-Martian Manhunter 2. *
-Hawkman/Hawkwoman 2.*
-Wonder Woman 3.*
Films:
Films:

Last edited:
No solos. Ensemble films only.

Justice League
Suicide Squad
Teen Titans
New Gods
Justice League Dark
Justice Society
Checkmate
Green Lantern Corps
Metal Men

Another prediction. There will be no solo Henry Cavill Superman movie.

latest

I think we just need to see this kind of thing, asap.

Similar to how The Suicide Squad was a sequel, while also serving as a fresh start, I think Gunn should start with a JL film, called something like Justice League: New Frontier, to sort of immediately draw a line in the sand with what came before, establishing his own tone, his own vision, while not necessarily throwing out what came before (just like he didn't with TSS). Like, perhaps the villains could be the Secret Society, following up on that thread in ZSJL (which could also include Black Adam for that anticipated showdown with Supes)
Clash__90713.1476246810.1280.1280.jpg

(If Affleck won't return, just recast the older Bruce, along with Flash. Both wear masks anyways. Other recasts/redesigns could include Mera, Joker, etc. I'm sure they're be some time-travel 'consequences' from the Flash film anyways)

Most importantly, the movie could immediately show everyone the appeal of the DC universe alive and thriving, Superman actually existing, the JL in a new Watchtower, maybe dozens of heroes a part of the team now, ala JL Unlimited, all of this to create a general excitement from mass audiences in the universe, and raise the appeal in all solo movies in the universe afterwards.

R5B3rSSr_0503221405031sbpi.jpg

And if this film is your Avengers, hopefully then the subsequent solo films get a boost in interest, like Iron Man 3, etc, with a Superman film, Nightwing (with Leslie Grace?), Green Lantern Corps, Teen Titans, etc.

Sandman, Constantine 2, Joker and The Batman would still be their own thing.

Last edited:
latest

Similar to how The Suicide Squad was a sequel, while also serving as a fresh start, I think Gunn should start with a JL film, called something like Justice League: New Frontier, to sort of immediately draw a line in the sand with what came before, establishing his own tone, his own vision, while not necessarily throwing out what came before (just like he didn't with TSS). Like, perhaps the villains could be the Secret Society, following up on that thread in ZSJL (which could also include Black Adam for that anticipated showdown with Supes)

(If Affleck won't return, just recast the older Bruce, along with Flash. Both wear masks anyways. Other recasts/redesigns could include Mera, Joker, etc. I'm sure they're be some time-travel 'consequences' from the Flash film anyways)

Most importantly, the movie could immediately show everyone the appeal of the DC universe alive and thriving, Superman actually existing, the JL in a new Watchtower, maybe dozens of heroes a part of the team now, ala JL Unlimited, all of this to create a general excitement from mass audiences in the universe, and raise the appeal in all solo movies in the universe afterwards.

And if this film is your Avengers, hopefully then the subsequent solo films get a boost in interest, like Iron Man 3, etc, with a Superman film, Nightwing (with Leslie Grace?), Green Lantern Corps, Teen Titans, etc.

I like this a lot. My only addition would be with regard to the Flash, make Wally West the Flash instead of Barry Allen and it fixes the entire Ezra Miller challenge altogether. Let him stand on his own instead of being a graduated protégé or sidekick. But something with a New Frontier tone (serious, but comic-booky) would be perfect.

latest

I like this a lot. My only addition would be with regard to the Flash, make Wally West the Flash instead of Barry Allen and it fixes the entire Ezra Miller challenge altogether. Let him stand on his own instead of being a graduated protégé or sidekick. But something with a New Frontier tone (serious, but comic-booky) would be perfect.
I want this to be true sooooo bad.

Using Wally West going forward is the cleanest solution to the Ezra issue.

Using Wally West going forward is the cleanest solution to the Ezra issue.
Why? It'd be better to just recast Barry Allen and be done with it. For Wally you'd have to introduce him and his origin is tied with Barry anyway so you'd still have to recast Barry.

Why? It'd be better to just recast Barry Allen and be done with it. For Wally you'd have to introduce him and his origin is tied with Barry anyway so you'd still have to recast Barry.
The simplest answer to this question is that Wally is the better character. (My opinion, obviously. But many share this opinion and Wally is currently the Flash in the comics.) His origins, especially as they relate to a Barry don’t need to be shown. Ezra Miller’s Flash origins weren’t shown and that was fine.

I would really like to see a spectre film.
He is one of the most powerful beings in the DC universe. He is literally God's vengeance.

And, I would like to see him cameo in all the solo films ( our nick fury ) to warn heroes and villains alike of a coming threat

I would really like to see a spectre film.
He is one of the most powerful beings in the DC universe. He is literally God's vengeance.

And, I would like to see him cameo in all the solo films ( our nick fury ) to warn heroes and villains alike of a coming threat
I’d love Spectre to be a side character. If there has to be a shared universe, he (or some others like Zatanna) can definitely play a role and bridge the gap between JL and JL; Dark. He’d be like Thor in the MCU, who is the bridge between grounded earth characters like Captain America and cosmic space characters like the Guardians of the Galaxy

Solo films for the near future; don't focus on crossover films but use the films themselves to introduce multiple characters / teams:

- Man of Tomorrow (ft. Supergirl and Brainiac)
- The Brave & the Bold (ft. Flash, Green Lantern Corps, & Gorilla Grodd)
- Wonder Woman and the Justice Society (ft. WW, JSA, & Vandal Savage)
- The Curse of the Batman (sequel to The Batman)
- Static Shock
- The Legion of Superheroes (ft. Supergirl)
- Plastic Man
- Lobo (ft. DC's cosmic / space characters)
- Zatanna (ft. DC's magic / 'dark' characters)

Last edited:
With the hard reboot now seemingly a virtual certainty, judging from THR’s report, I would like to see them only work on getting new solo projects into cinemas. Cast young, excellent actors in the parts who are the most suitable (like Pattinson) and concentrate on delivering single, high quality movies at a time (like The Batman). Only decide on a potential team up movie several years down the line.

With the hard reboot now seemingly a virtual certainty, judging from THR’s report, I would like to see them only work on getting new solo projects into cinemas. Cast young, excellent actors in the parts who are the most suitable (like Pattinson) and concentrate on delivering single, high quality movies at a time (like The Batman). Only decide on a potential team up movie several years down the line.

This seems to be the opposite of what they’re doing. Gunn and Safran are drawing up connected plans for a decade across film, tv, games and animation.

Yes !

This seems to be the opposite of what they’re doing. Gunn and Safran are drawing up connected plans for a decade across film, tv, games and animation.

Sadly, yes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"