Guardians of the Galaxy Prediction: Who will be the stand-out character?

Whiskey Tango

Avenger
Reaction score
If there is to be an ultimate scene-stealer from GotG, who do you think it will be and why? Please put enough thought into it so that you aren't just voting for your favorite character by default. Poll incoming.

From what I've seen in the clips and trailers, I'm thinking Rocket. Groot too, to a lesser extent. I think Cooper might steal the show.

Thanos, of course. Even a single scene would be enough.

I have to go with Starlord just because Pratt is an awesome guy and his comedic timing is second to none. I know Rocket will win a lot of fans but I think Pratt is just going to show how great he is to the world and blast off into a lot of other films!

Just seeing the big guy on screen, even if just for a minute, will be more than enough to steal the movie for me.

Went with Nebula just to be different since I figured Groot and Rocket would get most of the votes anyway.

I have been seeing a lot of first impressions with Rocket, Groot and Drax as stand-outs. I will go with Rocket since he is already my favorite.

Rocket

Kids, fanboys, women, animal lovers, they'll all be in line buying the plush raccoons.

I know Rocket will be the heart of the film and Groot will be the soul but Pratt is the brains and the mouth! I'm telling ya folks he will make a believer out of anyone. If your not watching Parks and Recreation it's on Netflix so get to watching. He steals any scene he is in Andy rocks and Burt Macklin is the FBI agent willing to do whatever it takes to save the world, nay, the galaxy!

Rocket is the standout character and the best character in the movie.

Rocket is the obvious answer, but Bautista has gotten lots of attention from early reactions so I'll go with the dark horse and say Drax, just to be different.

Gotta agree with Thanos. I doubt he will be in it much, but those few moments he does appear I expect to be phenomenal.

Rocket is the obvious answer, but Bautista has gotten lots of attention from early reactions so I'll go with the dark horse and say Drax, just to be different.
Drax has one of the best moments with Rocket.

I have no idea at this point. I think it's gonna be hard deciding between Star-Lord, Rocket, Groot & Drax from what the reviews/WOM have been saying.

realistically it will be Rocket. But I know I'm gonna enjoy Thanos' screen time more than any other part of the movie

I'll vote Yondu because of Micheal Rooker. He was great in TWD(Although I hated his character at first), and so I am glad to see him in this film. I have heard that he has a decent role in the film, but the trailers say otherwise. I hope he has at least a decent amount of screen time.

Star Lord. I haven't seen the movie but from what I've seen he will he the most quoted character of the movie. Maybe even as much as Stark.

I liked what I saw of Drax's literal interpretation of analogies:

[BLACKOUT]Nothing goes over my head; my reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
Personally, I thought the standout character was [BLACKOUT]Groot. Despite just three words of dialogue and a lack of a backstory, he still manages to steal a majority of the scenes he's in. Whether it's those bits of comedy that had me laughing my ash off, or those awesome action scenes of a living tree kicking ash, Groot was a joy to watch. I give the CGI wizards and Vin Diesel all the credit in the world for bringing to life such an amazing character.[/BLACKOUT]

[BLACKOUT]Batista as Drax would be a close second. Leave it to James Gunn to find the comedy in such a straightforward one note character (though not exactly one note as you'll see).[/BLACKOUT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"