Sequels PRETEND! It's a restart, name your dream CAST/DIRECTOR/COMPOSER

db85usa

HeHe!
Reaction score
You're below the man running the show in Warner Brothers and he just visited your office and told you he wants a Superman restart!

Name your DREAM CAST/DIRECTOR/FILM COMPOSER!

Rachel McAdams as Lois Lane (Red Eye)

normal_TheMakingOfRedEye-001.jpg

Jeremy Davies as Jimmy Olsen (Saving Private Ryan; Cpl. Upham)

229_a_normal.jpg

Tommy Lee Jones as Perry White (no pic needed)

Anthony Hopkins as Jor-El (no pic needed)

Philip Seymour Hoffman as Lex Luthor

sn_philip_seymour_hoffman.jpg

Hugo Weaving as Darkseid or Brainiac (He proved he could pull a role off without showing his face, has a classic, recognizable voice, has that alienish look with his buggy eyes)

vendetta_portrait1.jpg

last BUT not least my guy to play the role of (this is a longshot but this guy is a look alike and ALSO he can act!!)

Donald Standen as Clark Kent/Kal-El/Superman

pac05.jpg

superpage.jpg

pac06.jpg

And my DREAM director would be Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future Trilogy, The Polar Express, Forrest Gump, Contact.)

And my DREAM composer would be none other than John Williams! (if you need to incorporate the classic theme into the new hip score... it ought to be Williams at the helm of things!)

Director: Ratner
Supes/Kal-El/Clark: Paul Reubens
Lois: Beyonce
Jimmy Olsen: Mel Gibson
Perry White: Johnny Depp
Jason El: Olsen twins

SpiderMarc said:
Director: Ratner
Supes/Kal-El/Clark: Paul Reubens
Lois: Beyonce
Jimmy Olsen: Mel Gibson
Perry White: Johnny Depp
Jason El: Olsen twins
Are you like, special or something?

Who's Donald Standen?

And yeah. Definitely if you're going to use Williams music, hire the guy who's still composing to this very day to update it or whatever is needed.

Hugo as brainiac is inspired.

Lois: Evangeline Lilly

Jimmy: the guy in returns is playing him too goofy for my taste. Jimmy's never been THAT goofy to me, just your young, hip, somewhat nerdy photographer... either he tones it down or get someone else.

Supes: I'd give routh another shot. He does have what it takes imo to just own the role himself without using reeve as a crutch.

Director - Ridley Scott

Composer - Hans Zimmer

Cast

Tom Welling as Superman
Erica Durance as Lois Lane
Clancy Brown as Lex Luthor
Adam Brody as Jimmy Olsen
James Woods as Perry White
Hugo Weaving as Brainiac

My Liege said:
Are you like, special or something?
Thats the movie/cast Ratner would have given us....

It was a joke. I liked the cast for Returns-A LOT. I wouldn't change anyone.

Whoever suggested Hugo Weaving as Brainiac hit it right on the nose. Weaving would be perfect.

I would keep everything the exact same but eliminate the vague history part of the movie.

haven´t really got any ideas for casting, but here´s a photoshop-image I did as a tweak on the Superman-costume. yeah, I´ve just gotten rid of the belt, underwear and boots (and made the symbol bigger) but I think this is better, and more practical, as he is wearing it under his clark kent-suit. For practical reasons, I would have gotten rid of the cape too, but it´s a bit too iconic...

supermanalalcja3.jpg

Kaizer said:
haven´t really got any ideas for casting, but here´s a photoshop-image I did as a tweak on the Superman-costume. yeah, I´ve just gotten rid of the belt, underwear and boots (and made the symbol bigger) but I think this is better, and more practical, as he is wearing it under his clark kent-suit. For practical reasons, I would have gotten rid of the cape too, but it´s a bit too iconic...

supermanalalcja3.jpg

Ugh...just ugh :(

hippie_hunter said:
Ugh...just ugh :(

I´d like to see you try to get a pair of leather boots into your shoes and a belt underneath your other belt.

Kaizer said:

supermanalalcja3.jpg

drugsrbad.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmkay?

Kaizer said:

supermanalalcja3.jpg

Please don't ever direct a Superman film in the future...

For the love of god. :p

Masut said:

Please don't ever direct a Superman film in the future...

For the love of god. :p

I don´t plan to, but if I did, I´d use this design:

supermandesignhc8.jpg

Sue me...

Superman/Clark Kent : Seann Gallagher( Canadian actor)
Lois Lane : Heidi Mueller (soap actress)
Jor El : Anthony Hopkins
Perry White : Tommy Lee Jones
Lex Luthor : Billy Zane
Johnathan Kent : Terry Quinn (Lost)
Martha Kent : Sela Ward (The Day After Tommorrow)
Metallo/John Corban : Jason Statham
Brainac : William Fichtner ( Prison Break , Invasion)
Zod : Jason Isaacs
Jimmy Olsen : Scott Clifton
:super:

Superman/Clark Kent : Seann Gallagher( Canadian actor)
Lois Lane : Heidi Mueller (soap actress)
Jor El : Anthony Hopkins
Perry White : Tommy Lee Jones
Lex Luthor : Billy Zane
Johnathan Kent : Terry Quinn (Lost)
Martha Kent : Sela Ward (The Day After Tommorrow)
Metallo/John Corban : Jason Statham
Brainac : William Fichtner ( Prison Break , Invasion)
Zod : Jason Isaacs
Jimmy Olsen : Scott Clifton
:super:

You know if we get to vote for a dream director I'm going SPIELBERG all the way :) :D

Imagine him doing an origin story of Superman :eek:

Btw I have to say Routh is just too perfect for Superman so he'd stay :up:
I always wanted Spacey as Lex so again that would stay the same. I did warm up to some other actresses, I remember when lost came out everyone went nuts over Evangeline Lilly for Lois. That's all we talked about for a while. I'd be interested to see her play Lois with all the hooplah we had.

Oh and Ed Harris or James Caan were fan favorite choices for Perry White over the last 4-5 years.

Kaizer said:
I don´t plan to, but if I did, I´d use this design:

supermandesignhc8.jpg

Sue me...

I feel that kind of image should come through Kal El's father (like in the original film). Superman though would just look naked without his underwear on the outside.

Kaizer said:

supermanalalcja3.jpg
For practical reasons...why don´t you get rid of the costume all together?
This way, he wouldn´t have to change and that´s...practical ;)

Superman
sam_heug_supes.jpg

Sam Heughan

Lois Lane
rachel_mcadams.jpg

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Rachel McAdams

Perry White
edharris.jpg

Ed Harris

Lex
lex2.jpg

Kevin Spacey-But darker and more sinister.

Score

John Williams (Of course) but if not, John Debny using Williams score and it would have been more of a score like Superman 2's was.

I would have brought in Nicholas Meyer to write the script, or at least work on the treatment with him.

I would have had different homages to STM.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Director: (other than singer) Robert Zemikis

V002034LGAR.jpg

Superman/Clark Kent/Kal El: Brandon Routh (i think he aces).

co1B.jpg

Lois Lane: Rachael McAdams

rachel-mcadams.jpg

Lex Luthur: Kevin Spacey (He can do the lex everyone REALLY wants)

spacey.jpg

Composer: John Williams

John%20Williams.jpg

I know, two of the cast did SR, but they where very good, and i'd keep Routh and Spacey.

About the film, i would keep alot of elements from the Donner films. I really enjoyed the interpratation of Krypton and the Kryptonians. Regarding Krypton, I would keep the look of the Donner films, but, really expand on it. Make HUGE cities. Make the world look like a giant crytal.

The Superman score, i don't think, can be touched. It just seems synonomous with Superman, and is, possibly, the greatest main theme to any character in history.

However, note, this is not a criticism of SR. Just an alternate. But, some of my choices just seem plain the same, really :confused:

Director: singer
Supes/Kal-El/Clark: routh
Lois: bosworth
i loved SR :o

batboy99 said:
Director: singer
Supes/Kal-El/Clark: routh
Lois: bosworth
i loved SR :o
There's nothing wrong with lacking imagination so long as your happy I suppose.

DrMylesOBoogie said:
There's nothing wrong with lacking imagination so long as your happy I suppose.
Come on, whats wrong with him liking the new Superman movies as is?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"