Prince Caspian Pushed Back to Summer '08

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Source: The Hollywood Reporter, BVHE May 17, 2006

Walt Disney Pictures' follow-up to Andrew Adamson's blockbuster The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe has been pushed back from December 14, 2007 to summer 2008.

The Hollywood Reporter says Disney rescheduled The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian hours after Columbia Pictures circulated an announcement Tuesday staking a claim on December 8, 2007 for the domestic release of its new fantasy fable The Water Horse. Both sweeping epics are produced by Walden Media and when left to open one week apart were perfectly poised to cannibalize one another's 2007 Christmas box office.

In related news, Buena Vista Home Entertainment (BVHE) announced today that "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe" has become the number one top-selling DVD of 2006. The film was released on April 5 and has sold over 11 million units in route to claiming this year's top DVD spot.

"We are delighted with the tremendous success of 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.' This award-winning film is a stellar addition to the celebrated Disney collection and has set the tone for the next chapter in this promising franchise," commented Bob Chapek, president of BVHE.

Concurrently, with Narnia in the top DVD spot of 2006, BVHE holds five of the top 10 titles so far this year. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, Chicken Little, Lady and the Tramp, Flightplan, and Bambi II are all strongly positioned within the top 10 titles of 2006. "We are very fortunate to have such a strong line up of titles that appeals to every demographic. It is the backbone of what this studio has always been known for," Chapek added.

I knew it .
No way that they were going to rush out this movie , after the success in the cinema as well as the dvd market.

They were going to begin shooting this year right :confused: . Cause the kids were growin up and they would need them .
I haven't read the books , but i suspect Caspian must be bigger then Lion,witch and the wardrobe.
They would've run into problems with their shooting and/or post.prod schedule if they were expecting to deliver this in 2008.

Why they're going for the summer release , i dunno. They should've just gone with the Holiday release in november-december 2008.

I think Narnia 2 will be released even in Decmeber 2008.

Please refrain from referring to Prince Caspian as Narnia 2.

matrix_ghost said:
Why they're going for the summer release , i dunno. They should've just gone with the Holiday release in november-december 2008.

I expect they will. Im not so sure it could battle for a top summer spot.

Immortalfire said:
Please refrain from referring to Prince Caspian as Narnia 2.

Why should he do that?
It is Narnia 2. The second film from the Narnia universe.

As for the delay of the release I think they would do better if they move it to december 2008 instead of it being a summer release.
It's more likely to get "lost" in the summer.

Crap, I really wanted this by next winter. I don't like the summer slot for this film. It is a winter's film like Potter and LOTR. It should be released in the Winter. I think it will do good in the summer, but it could do better if released in the winter.

I really hope Disney doesn't plan on waiting 3 years every Narnia film. They should shoot some of these back to back. Well, in any case I do hope that Prince Caspian does well with its summer slot.

I don't think they can shoot these movies back to back due to labor laws for kids.
I haven't read any of the narnia books , but aren't there always kids in the stories :confused:
If it were that case , that i think labor laws prohibit the kids to be attached that long to a movie shoot.
If the kids were teens , that might work cause i remember WB wanted to shoot the last harry potter movie as one long movie and then release it into 2 movies.

Anyways while i'm also bummed that another narnia movie isn't come out , i'd rather that they not rush out the movies and take their time into making quality movies. Both in terms of visual style and acting.

TheFalcon said:
Why should he do that?
It is Narnia 2. The second film from the Narnia universe.
It has a title. People throw around 2 on every "next film" until an official title is given, and there already is one; Prince Caspian. Get it?

matrix_ghost said:
I don't think they can shoot these movies back to back due to labor laws for kids.
I haven't read any of the narnia books , but aren't there always kids in the stories :confused:
If it were that case , that i think labor laws prohibit the kids to be attached that long to a movie shoot.
If the kids were teens , that might work cause i remember WB wanted to shoot the last harry potter movie as one long movie and then release it into 2 movies.

Anyways while i'm also bummed that another narnia movie isn't come out , i'd rather that they not rush out the movies and take their time into making quality movies. Both in terms of visual style and acting.

All of the kids have to be in Prince Caspian, but the rest of the books don't use them all. I forgot, but I think the one after PC uses Lucy and Edmund and some don't use any of them.

Yeah lol i know that. I did read the wikipedia summaries of the narnia books ( god bless wikipedia :D :up: ).

What i meant to say is , all of the narnia books have kids as the lead characters. Not specifically the pevencie kids , but other kids .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"