Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time

come on guys, those look like good choices, but let's get real: it's Jerry Bruckheimer. they're going Hollywood with the cast, wether we like it or not.

Yup,the best chance of an indian man is the guy from Heroes and perhaps the woman i mentioned as Farrah but isn't there a rumour they have already cast the Prince ?

I really hope Aishwariya Rai doesn't. She's an overrated actress. Her claim to stardom is the whole "she's the most beautiful woman in the world". She was good in "Devdas", I'll give her that. The rest of her roles leave alot to be desired.
She'd make a better Kaileena.

come on guys, those look like good choices, but let's get real: it's Jerry Bruckheimer. they're going Hollywood with the cast, wether we like it or not.
I really doubt they'd cast a white guy though. I mean, sure, Hollywood acts ******ed at times...but no, I just can't imagine it. It's too ******ed. :o

That would be like getting a white guy to voice Aladdin. Oh, wait. :o

If they did Aladdin today, Kal Penn would be the vocals, no question.

That would be like getting a white guy to voice Aladdin. Oh, wait. :o

If they did Aladdin today, Kal Penn would be the vocals, no question.
There was nothing wrong with Aladdin's voice.:cmad::cmad:

I really doubt they'd cast a white guy though. I mean, sure, Hollywood acts ******ed at times...but no, I just can't imagine it. It's too ******ed. :o

about as ******ed as a black Kingpin? or Elizabeth Taylor, white girl extraordinaire, as Cleopatra? nothing's too ******ed for Hollywood.

do you seriously think they're going to risk an unproven franchise, one they're putting A LOT of stock in, with an unknown? we're not talking Superman, my friend. if you think they're going with an islamic unknown, keep dreaming.

5$ says Orlando Bloom is the first guy they offer the part to.

About 1995, Disney started finding people of the correct ethnic background to voice characters, like Lea Salonga for Pocahontas, Ming-Na for Mulan, etc. That's why I mentioned Kal Penn.

5$ says Orlando Bloom is the first guy they offer the part to.

he may be too obvious a choice for them to offer it to him, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

About 1995, Disney started finding people of the correct ethnic background to voice characters, like Lea Salonga for Pocahontas, Ming-Na for Mulan, etc. That's why I mentioned Kal Penn.

I think it was Irene Bedard who did the voice for Pocahontas

about as ******ed as a black Kingpin?
That was under a completely different circumstance. The problem was getting a big, white, intimidating actor to fill the part.

or Elizabeth Taylor, white girl extraordinaire, as Cleopatra?
Wasn't that like 40 years ago? :huh:

do you seriously think they're going to risk an unproven franchise, one they're putting A LOT of stock in, with an unknown? we're not talking Superman, my friend. if you think they're going with an islamic unknown, keep dreaming.
I'm not saying it's completely out of the realm, but idk how to say it...I just don't see it happening. I mean the only recent film I can think of that cast a white actor for a foreigner, was Ben Kingsley as Ghandi. But even then, they completely put him under make-up so that he wasn't a noticeable white guy.

^^^Yep,right look,great voice and the quiet charisma needed for the Prince

herosendramok4.jpg

mohindertt3.png

about as ******ed as a black Kingpin? or Elizabeth Taylor, white girl extraordinaire, as Cleopatra? nothing's too ******ed for Hollywood.

Not to get of topic or anything, buuuuut Cleopatra *was* Caucasian. She was a Ptolemy, and a total inbreed Greek/Italian. Her parents were brother and sister. Her father and mother were Roman/Macedonian viceroys sent to Egypt to govern. The reason why Cleo is portrayed as Egyptian is because she adopted the culture and religion when she took the throne.

So she is seen as a Pharaoh, but yea, its the propaganda machine doing that, and for thousands of years it worked.

Edit: I doubt we'll see an Iraqi actor as the Prince. But the we have some pretty good actors here who could pull of the look with the acting skill. Neeven has the quiet charisma of the prince, and he wouldn't be too old. Oded Fehr is too damn old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"