'Prodigal Son'

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score

Written by Feder and Sklaver and directed by Lee Toland Krieger, Prodigal Son is described as a fresh take on a crime franchise with a provocative and outrageous lead character and darkly comedic tone. It centers on Malcolm Bright (Jones), who has a gift. He knows how killers think, how their minds work. Why? His father Martin Whitly (Sheen) was one of the worst — a notorious serial killer called “The Surgeon.”

So Hannibal, but with the two leads being father and son? Hmmm.

Bellamy Young in this as well, I figured she'd be the cop he was working with but she's his Mom which she doesn't look old enough to be. Sounds like Fox are going for a Dexter type of vibe with this.

Finn Jones can't catch a break right now, Jesus from TWD is an interesting choice for the role though.

man....i actually like finn jones. Hope he gets another tv deal soon. Happy for Jesus from TWD. He was horribly misused like Tyreese was.

Officially ordered to series

IMG_20190509_191423.jpg

This looks pretty good, like a twist on Silence of the Lambs, it'll be interesting to see how the lead character develops.

Yeah I think out of all the new shows, this one appeals to me the most.

It's the closest we'll get to another Hannibal! NBC should have not cancelled the show!

Well I like it so far

Was just picked up for a full season order.

Gotta say, I'm enjoying this. Not as serious as I'd like it to be, but I'm intrigued by the over-arching storyline -- less so by the "cases of the week". It's still more serialized than it is procedural, which is a good thing.

Ainsley is totally going to be like daddy, isn't she?

Anyway, I just remembered that Finn Jones was almost Malcolm and honestly I can imagine him in the role. I can't say for sure that he'd be better or worse but I can see it. One thing's for sure, Sheen is clearly having fun and it shows. I mean he's hamming it up big time but I'm not mad about it. :hehe:

Micheal Sheen is one of those actors that love to ham it up and every now and again. Jonathan Pryce and Ben Kingsley like to go a bit wacky as well.

Ainsley is totally going to be like daddy, isn't she?

Called it! :awesome:

Jess is a badass. I love her.

ETA: Wow, this show is popular at Tumblr? Now that’s a plot twist I didn’t see coming.

Last edited:
I don’t watch this show but I have to admit that’s a huge get.

Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Sheen. This show just got even more Welsh.

I know this is nothing new, but is anything on Fox that's not a reality show guaranteed a long shelf life? Especially in the streaming age?

I feel like Gotham might be one of the last shows to have anything close to a long run on Fox, and even then, it's fifth season wasn't guaranteed between that and Lethal Weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"