Arrow Producer CONFIRMS "Arrow" Is NOT Connected To The Films

The Valeyard

Civilian
Reaction score
This deserves its own thread to set the record straight and discuss this decision. Here we go:

“We haven't had any of those conversations other than to say, what characters are we allowed to use this year and advocate or request certain ones that are of interest to us. And every now and then, they'll say, 'You can't have that guy.' They don't say why, and we figure out why later on.”

Link

Many of this knew this for a long while. The CW and the WB Features Division are basically completely separate entities. It would be almost impossible to tie the CW series into the feature film universe. This means we'll eventually get new versions of Oliver Queen, Dinah Lance, Barry Allen, Amanda Waller, Deathstroke etc on the big screen.

What are your thoughts on this? Personally, while I understand the logic of the decision, it seems like a big waste. "Arrow" is a fun ride, but it feels almost inconsequential and pointless if it's going to be replaced by a big screen version like "Smallville" was.

I love Arrow and I am so happy. Stop fanfictions and rumors.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, seeing as some of the casting is so spot on (Oliver, Canary (sarah) Slade, Malcolm). It would have been cool that there was a chance they could make it to the big screen some day.

Well this doesn't mean its not connected. Marvel and Disney are telling the producers of AOS the same thing and we know those are connected. Its because of film rights compared to tv rights

Well this doesn't mean its not connected. Marvel and Disney are telling the producers of AOS the same thing and we know those are connected. Its because of film rights compared to tv rights

AoS is pretty heavily connected to the MCCU thanks to Disney (ABC) and Marvel Studios.

Heck, last week's episode was tied to Thor 2, which just came out.

I'm not sure how I feel about this, seeing as some of the casting is so spot on (Oliver, Canary (sarah) Slade, Malcolm). It would have been cool that there was a chance they could make it to the big screen some day.

IMO if they ever bring the Green Arrow/Oliver character on to the big screen, he should be played by an older, grizzled 40+ actor to match up with Affleck's Batman and reflect the 80s/90s comics.

And they can make him the wise-cracking liberal hippie from JLU. There's enough room for a different take on the character, it just sucks that so much time and effort is placed on the Amell version when it ultimately won't go anywhere beyond the CW.

This really has no importance, as there is no DC cinematic universe.

I'm split, first I didn't want the universe joined because I'm sure they would have screwed it up, but on the other hand, I'm kinda sad Stephen amell won't get his wish an be in an justice league film.

Good. Let the TV and movie universes do their own thing. I just wish they would let the Arrow producers use any character they wanted, even if there were some minor restrictions.

This news is relief.

I was worried about what would happen to Arrow once it ended up being dictated by DC's film division, who are churning out nothing but **** these days.

This bothers me not really because I had a burning desire to see Arrow become part of the film universe (though I wouldn't have minded) but because now they will most likely not allow certain characters to appear...like Batman. And I'm sorry, but when they eventually show Ras it just won't seem right to not include Batman. Ras is one of his biggest enemies.

Maybe they will make a TV movie featuring all different heroes from different series. (if they make a Flash, sandman, constantine)

Just because they haven't talked about it yet, doesn't mean it won't happen. :D

On the bright side this gives the team a lot more freedom to do bigger things with their characters without having to worry where it fits in the DC timeline. Oh well.

Just like Tom Welling playing Superman happened?

;) Or not.

It's far to late for them to retroactively force CW's Arrow into canon with the films IMO, especially with Arrow itself introducing superpowers to the world (MOS introduced superpowers to the world in a different way). CW's Arrow wasn't designed to fit with the DCCU.

Fine with me. I just want to see quality stories told.

I may not have read as close in between the lines as others,but where does this categorically "Confirm" they are two separate entities?

Just like Tom Welling playing Superman happened?

;) Or not.

It's far to late for them to retroactively force CW's Arrow into canon with the films IMO, especially with Arrow itself introducing superpowers to the world (MOS introduced superpowers to the world in a different way). CW's Arrow wasn't designed to fit with the DCCU.

Yeah, they just don't want to be stuck with Amell or Gustin in a Justice League movie, Whether we want them or not.

3OPmwdU.gif

I'm trying to be optimistic... I'm sorry. :D

If doesn't happen, oh well. Arrow is probably the most interesting CB thing going on right now, IMO.

No Goyer. :)

Arrow's executive producers Greg Berlanti and Marc Guggenheim wrote Green Lantern... no one is perfect. And lets not forget that thanks to Goyer, Nolan got Batman right (for the most part):

"Chris had never read comic books," he said at a BAFTA and BFI Screenwriters' Lecture. "He didn't know the world. So he trusted me on that franchise and with Superman to know what was canon - what could be changed and what couldn't be changed.

"Early in Batman Begins he said, 'Does he have to have a utility belt?', and I said, 'Yes'. And he said, 'Why?' And then he showed me a design and it was all black. And I said, 'It has to be yellow', and he said, 'Oh...'

"I identified the ten things that remained sticky about Batman and Superman. Wrote them up and said to Chris, 'These are the ten things that should be in the movie. Like the Ten Commandments. As long as we honour that, we'll be good'."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/...dnt-know-batman-world-says-david-s-goyer.html

I don't agree with everything they did with the characters, but Goyer is a fan and knows the medium better than most.

Regarding the topic, I'm fine with both universes being apart, more freedom for the writers, less potential continuity issues and last but not least, directors pick their own cast, they're not going to use the tv actors, but time will tell.

^ yeah I don't think goyer had that much to do with the dark knight trilogy, besides MOS was kinda bland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"