Arrow Producer CONFIRMS "Arrow" Is NOT Connected To The Films

I don't really care if the universes are connected,

but it would be cool to see Amell interact with Batman, Superman, etc, regardless if they're the same version of Batman/Superman from the movies.

The more I think about it, the more I see problems with the connection, but man I'll be sooo angry if they don't make Arrow part a COMPLETE DC universe. Dc/WB should really force the networks to work together and build a DCTVU. You don't have to show the big guns but you HAVE to mention them. There must be a Batman and a Superman in the Arrow Universe even if they're just aknowledged and never really shown. GA can still interact with Bats through other BatFamily characters and maybe even with Bats contacting him (voice only...Conroy?) to build a network of street-level, human heroes (on this note: briiiing in the Blue Beetle and Question!!!).

After the announecment regarding the horrible casting and characterization for the Batman v. Superman film, my happiness that Arrow is not connected to the DC-film universe keeps soaring. I shudder to think of what would happen if the geniuses on the Batman v. Superman script laid their fingers on the Arrow universe. That scenario is the stuff nightmares are made out of. DC should keep its film and tv continuities separate (or at least Arrow.)

I had a out of left field idea of a hypothetical scenario. World's Finest has been pushed back until May of 2016.

What if the producers wanted to get a full season of The Flash in and wrap up a third season for Arrow and on the season finale a crossover episode where both Arrow and Flash see the monitors go blank then You Are Not Alone appeared.

Basically setting up season 4 and 2 of those shows as the aftermath of Superman's reveal and by the time season finales roll around the World's Finest movie will be coming out and the two would be connected.

Again just hypothetical scenario don't flame me to much haha.

Still wouldn't make sense. The 'You Are Not Alone' message and invasion happened in 2012.

After the announecment regarding the horrible casting and characterization for the Batman v. Superman film, my happiness that Arrow is not connected to the DC-film universe keeps soaring. I shudder to think of what would happen if the geniuses on the Batman v. Superman script laid their fingers on the Arrow universe. That scenario is the stuff nightmares are made out of. DC should keep its film and tv continuities separate (or at least Arrow.)

Characterization? We've only heard snippets of interviews. We have no idea how the actual movie is going to turn out. And in terms of casting, honestly, if there's anything internet fans should have learned from TDK, it's to keep a level head with this stuff.

There were literally entire threads dedicated to bemoaning Heath Ledger back in 07 and early 08. People were flipping their collective nuts, and they were all proved wrong. Again, there's nothing wrong with saying you don't see it, or that you're not a fan, but honestly, it's not a bad idea to keep an open mind. Sometimes you're surprised.

is the year that big a deal?? I'd say 90 percent of the audience doesn't know the years of when movie or tv events happened in the character's story.

This whole "but Zod's invasion happened in 2012" argument is beyond silly. There's lots of reasons why DC and WB wouldn't connect the universes, but this isn't one of them.

is the year that big a deal?? I'd say 90 percent of the audience doesn't know the years of when movie or tv events happened in the character's story.

This whole "but Zod's invasion happened in 2012" argument is beyond silly. There's lots of reasons why DC and WB wouldn't connect the universes, but this isn't one of them.

Agreed. It is literally only comic nerds like us who give two craps about stuff like the timeline in these films. The general audience just doesn't care about stuff like that.

And as for combining the universes, honestly I wouldn't mind. Arrow has set up a solid world, and if they want to add the film verse into it I think it coul work. However, I'll be okay if they don't, IF WB lets the show include their own version of Batman. At this point, I think it's pretty much a done deal that Ra's is going to show up at some point, the only question is when. And if Ra's shows up, Batman needs to. He's one of Batman's biggest villains, and it just wouldn't seem right to not have Bats show up if Ra's does.

I would prefer Batman not appear in Arrow. It would be nice to have one animated/live action continuity where he is not in---I say this as a rabid Batfan. Let Arrow be about Arrow.

I would prefer Batman not appear in Arrow. It would be nice to have one animated/live action continuity where he is not in---I say this as a rabid Batfan. Let Arrow be about Arrow.

I would have agreed...had Arrow not included Ra's and the LOA. But it did. And, as I've said, since it's pretty clear Ra's is going to show up at some point, they should have Batman show up. Having Ra's show up on Arrow but not having Batman would be like having Dr. Octopus show up on a Daredevil tv show without having Spider-man there. It just wouldn't make sense (and yes, that example is from a magical world where Marvel owns all it's superheroes).

Ra's is just too big of a Bat-villain. He's arguably the next biggest villain after Mr. J. So if Ra's shows up, Bats should too.

I would have agreed...had Arrow not included Ra's and the LOA. But it did. And, as I've said, since it's pretty clear Ra's is going to show up at some point, they should have Batman show up. Having Ra's show up on Arrow but not having Batman would be like having Dr. Octopus show up on a Daredevil tv show without having Spider-man there. It just wouldn't make sense (and yes, that example is from a magical world where Marvel owns all it's superheroes).

Ra's is just too big of a Bat-villain. He's arguably the next biggest villain after Mr. J. So if Ra's shows up, Bats should too.

This.

"Let Arrow be Arrow" sounds contradictory in that sense, since they're building up Ra's al Ghul so much. I don't mean to pick on jonathancrane, but it shouldn't be a surprise that people would want to see Batman when you bring in someone like Ra's. If the show never hyped him up though, a complete lack of Batman wouldn't have been a problem.

Ra's isn't just a batman villain, he's a villain to a lot of people all over the world. Lets keep him out of arrow, instead jamming him down every ones throat at the slightest given opportunity.

This.

Ra's isn't just a batman villain, he's a villain to a lot of people all over the world. Lets keep him out of arrow, instead jamming him down every ones throat at the slightest given opportunity.

While you're technically right, that's like Saying Lex Luthor isn't just a Superman villain or Red Skull isn't just a Cap villain. Sure, they're larger villains that threaten many heroes, but let's not split hairs, Lex is mostly a Superman villain, Skull is mostly Cap's villain, and Ra's is mostly Batman's villain. He has close personal ties to Bats, he was created in a Batman comic, he's a Batman villain.

And he's not a Bat-villain like Firefly, he's a major Bat-villain. Which is why if you want to include him, Batman should be there.

How come Ra's al Ghul has to be saddled with Batman when it comes to Arrow?

Who cares if he is a major Batman villain in the comics. This isn't the comics, this is Warner Brother's TV DC universe that consists of Arrow and more than likely The Flash so far. Batman is out of the question for obvious reasons.

Who cares if he is a major Batman villain in the comics. This isn't the comics, this is Warner Brother's TV DC universe that consists of Arrow and more than likely The Flash so far. Batman is out of the question for obvious reasons.

Why? Because he's a villain that was introduced, as a Batman villain. He has close personal ties with Batman, he's actually at times an extended relative of Batman. Batman literally has blood ties with the man. Sure, you could completely ignore all of that and just have him be a Green Arrow villain, just like you could have the Joker pop up in Arrow with no reference to Batman and have him suddenly be a specific Arrow villain. While we're at it, let's throw in Lex Luthor too.

Ra's is a major Batman villain. He always has been, and he's always going to be. Sure, you could ignore that incredibly important part of the characters history...but at that point...why use the character? The creators of the show themselves have said that they imagine that Batman exists in this universe, so at the very least if Ra's shows up in person, they need to at least reference Batman and give a reason why he's not there.

Agreed, Dr Doom has gone up against the X-Men, Avengers and Spidey so many times without Reed Richards anywhere near the story.

The timelines not lining up is a big reason.

Arrow doesn't take place in a world where aliens are public and the world was almost destroyed by super beings. Everyone was spooked by the existence of Mirakaru on Arrow, Kryptonians are a whole different ballpark.

Arrow uses real dates all the time. Even last week, we saw Sara's grave, 1987-2007.

While you're technically right, that's like Saying Lex Luthor isn't just a Superman villain or Red Skull isn't just a Cap villain. Sure, they're larger villains that threaten many heroes, but let's not split hairs, Lex is mostly a Superman villain, Skull is mostly Cap's villain, and Ra's is mostly Batman's villain. He has close personal ties to Bats, he was created in a Batman comic, he's a Batman villain.

And he's not a Bat-villain like Firefly, he's a major Bat-villain. Which is why if you want to include him, Batman should be there.

Plus, it's not like his presence is another Firefly scenario. This isn't like when Lex was used in No Man's Land. He isn't "just there". They're almost building him up as a Green Arrow villain. The killer of Oliver's dad was trained by Ra's. His love interest was trained by Ra's. His mother has some connection to Ra's. He recently defeated one of his daughters.

If they bring in Talia at one point at one point and give Oliver a Bruce/Talia and Oliver/Ra's dynamic, they might as well retitle the show to "Batman: The Archer Version".

While I'm not that big on comics, can anyone tell me if GA had any run ins with Ra's.

People should just except the fact that Ra's will more then likely be an Arrow villain and that Oliver will beat him, I don't get how a throw away reference to batman will help. This isn't the comic-verse, things are different, even if batman does exist he may not have ever met Ra's.

Plus, it's not like his presence is another Firefly scenario. This isn't like when Lex was used in No Man's Land. He isn't "just there". They're almost building him up as a Green Arrow villain. The killer of Oliver's dad was trained by Ra's. His love interest was trained by Ra's. His mother has some connection to Ra's. He recently defeated one of his daughters.

If they bring in Talia at one point at one point and give Oliver a Bruce/Talia and Oliver/Ra's dynamic, they might as well retitle the show to "Batman: The Archer Version".

Merlyn was apart of the LOA in the comics and BC was Ra'ses lover.

I can't wait to see oliver defeat Ra's and then To read your reaction.

Ra's is a major Batman villain. We are talking top 3. He has a specific close relationship with Batman that he has with no one else. It is just wrong to use someone else's villain like that. Not only is it disserving, but it also reeks of unoriginality. It makes Green Arrow feel like a Batman proxy and a poor man's Batman.

That is if they take it any further. They've been very careful so far with how much of Ra's and the LOA they used. I give them props for going with Nyssa and not Talia. But if they take it any further, it will be a problem.

Plus, we know Batman exists in this universe in the minds of the writers. They came out and said they want to use Batman and Nightwing if they could. If Ra's is just turned into a Green Arrow villain, that would make it even worse.

While I'm not that big on comics, can anyone tell me if GA had any run ins with Ra's.

People should just except the fact that Ra's will more then likely be an Arrow villain and that Oliver will beat him, I don't get how a throw away reference to batman will help. This isn't the comic-verse, things are different, even if batman does exist he may not have ever met Ra's.

Which would only make it more disserving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"