Prof Hulk's speech at the end doesn't make any sense

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by Supperhero, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Supperhero Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity

Such a poor piece of writing.

1- The exact moment??? LMAO. Impossible. At the exact moment, 2023 Post-Battle Captain America would meet the 2023 Pre-Battle Avengers stealing the Stones in the very first place!

2- You're gonna open up what? The branches have been already established, they had formed when the time-travelling Avengers entered into the past. That's it.

3- Clip all the branches? The 2014 timeline is already "compromised". Said that, you cannot delete a reality by restoring the Stones. Time travel already happened.

I think the writers messed it up.

2. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

3. Filmfan93 The Man in Black

You are looking waaay too much into this.

Not everything has to make sense - enjoy one of the finest CBM's ever.

psylockolussus likes this.
  4. BoredGuy Never Did a Popular Thing

1- I'll give you that one... would Cap slip back on to the elevator and be like "oh nevermind guys, my bad, you can have it back", and we've already discussed the awkwardness of him going to Vormir.

5. Spider-Fan83 with great power...

Technically it was only said that they have to be returned to the exact moment not the exact place

6. MrModok Melancholic Organism Designed Obviously Klunky

I mean I can see your point but I always take the rule of 'does it affect my enjoyment?' like with Dick van Dyke's cockney accent in mary Poppins, it's bad yes but does it ruin the film? No. I'd say the same about this piece of logic.

7. MCU King Registered

All the branch timelines were erased when Cap returned the stones except the one where Loki escaped (Cap fought himself in that one too).... that branch has to be dealt with in the Loki Disney Plus series and hopefully resolved there.

At this point, we really just have two timelines left. The main MCU timeline, and the branch 2012 one mentioned above.

8. samsnee Ok

Yes if you give it even a minute of thought, it doesn’t make sense by the movie’s only logic. Hulk said it himself earlier that the past is the past, so you can’t change it. If you visit the past, it becomes your future. So all Cap is doing is making the new future. He’s not changing the original timeline.

9. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

The way I see it, we have more than two.

We have the new Space Stone timeline, courtesy of Loki
    We have the new Mind Stone timeline, courtesy of Steve (read elevator setup)
    We have the new Soul Stone timeline (cause honestly, how do you even return that)
    We have the new Power Stone timeline, because Quill wasn't knocked unconscious previously

The Reality and Time stones are the only two that you could argue haven't been changed.