The Dark Knight Prologue from Christopher Nolan

Christopher Nolan should give a short prologue to the film in which he himself calmly and kindly tells the audience to enjoy the show, and not to keep their minds on the subject of Ledger's passing, as this isnt what Ledger would want.

Something like Hitchcock.

At the very least there should be a written notice at th begining, ala Dogma. It'd be a nice touch.

I agree with pretty much everyone, at the beginning of the film would destroy the illusion and the integrity of the film. The end would be more appropriate.

I would go with the end, you all that said that are right it's usually the way its done though, the person that brought up Superman Returns and Star Trek is also right.

Given that , I think it will be at the beginning, just feels right and it could be their first names cause believe it or not, everyone is not as tuned into this as the posters here. So I don't think it would necessarily take away or try to intrude on the viewers experience by mentioning a dedication in the beginning.

Either way, one things for sure, something will be somewhere.

Christopher Nolan should give a short prologue to the film in which he himself calmly and kindly tells the audience to enjoy the show, and not to keep their minds on the subject of Ledger's passing, as this isnt what Ledger would want.

Something like Hitchcock.

At the very least there should be a written notice at th begining, ala Dogma. It'd be a nice touch.

no he shouldnt' :down

2 deaths already, this can't be a good sign.
The Kingdom had 3 deaths during production, and it didn't even do all that well at the box office.

I also vote for (and expect) a dedication at the end. Putting it at the beginning would just taint the mood of the film. Pixar has lost several of its prominent animators and their dedications are always at the end.

As everyone mentioned it should be "In memory of Heath Ledger" at the credits.

"Dedicated to Heath Ledger" is enough.

To speak directly to the audience is just to kill the illusion. People should be allowed to feel the way they want about the film (or any film) or Ledger. And, in fact, they will, in spite of any kind of prologue anyway.

I agree, Nolan coming on screen before the movie and giving a prologue 6 months from now is really unnecessary and would take people out of the film. Just a "Dedicated to" Heath Ledger and the Effects technician at the end of the film will do well.

How about "In memory of Heath Ledger" and the stuntman who was killed during production?

How about "In memory of Heath Ledger" and the stuntman who was killed during production?

Something simple like that would be best and most tasteful :up:

The best thing they could do to send their love and wishes is put every bit of effort into this film that Heath poured himself into. Make it as good as they can so that Ledger's last performance will shine even more so.

Make him proud.

Something simple like that would be best and most tasteful :up:

The best thing they could do to send their love and wishes is put every bit of effort into this film that Heath poured himself into. Make it as good as they can so that Ledger's last performance will shine even more so.

Make him proud.

Well said. :up:

It should be represented just like the The Crow, imo.

Show the film exactly how it was intended to be shown. Then dedicate the picture to the sad passing of Ledger at the end in respect.

I agree that any sort of tribute or rememberance for Heath should be saved for the DVD. As for the movie, I'd like to see it end on a close-up shot of the Joker sitting in an Arkum cell, and then have the film slowly and silently fade to black followed by the simple words 'For Heath' before the credits roll.

I'd like to see it end on a close-up shot of the Joker sitting in an Arkum cell, and then have the film slowly and silently fade to black followed by the simple words 'For Heath' before the credits roll.

Nice. :up:

That would be thoughtful, but ultimately I feel would detract from the effect of the film. A few loving words at the end of the film I think would be more appropriate.
I agree. Just dedicate it to Heath in the ending credits.

Before the credits, definately. "In Memory of Heath Ledger and ...."
I'm not sure of the stunt drivers name but his name belongs there as well.

Yeah, a simple dedication should be at the end, when everyone will have been amazed by Heath's performance. It will be that much more powerful.

are u crazyyyy, no one wants to go see it to be greeted by a salute to heath at the beginning. its sad he died but you don't want the whole movie now to just be about his death. im sure they will put a nice im remembrence note at the end but anything more than that would jus be un-classy and overdoing it.

That would be thoughtful, but ultimately I feel would detract from the effect of the film. A few loving words at the end of the film I think would be more appropriate.
That's what I feel. A reminder by Nolan will only serve to distract people and remind them of Heath's death, it would be much smarter and much more effective to play the movie, let people enjoy it as purely as possible, and then use the credits following the movie to add in/create a tribute to Ledger.

As much as the film should be a tribute to Heath, I agree. It would totally detract from the movie, remind people of the tragedy, and effect things.

That is one of the stupidest things I have thus far read with regard to Mr. Ledgers untimely passing.

In all likelihood the film will be dedicated to the two individual that died both before and after the film was finished. At this point there has been no mention what the status of the film actually is since there is much work still to be done in post production, like voice overs etc. Assuming it is going forward and will open on schedule, this would be the dignified gesture to do, and there is no reason to think its not despite what some of the morons have posted here, continuity? I mean give me a break!

There is no way in bad place Nolan would ever do something idiotic like what the previous poster is suggesting, it's so not his style.

By the time TDK is released the mystery surround this situation will have been determined and if it is what reports are leaning towards, a drug over dose, we will all look back on this actor as having a very troubled soul, one who was caught in the grips of addiction and could not break free despite all the signs and the material and physical losses he suffered which should have acted as beacons of warning to him to get some help.

Not to mention those who surrounded him, saw his downward spiral and continued to allow this young man to essentially kill himself even accidentally. Intervention is a valid tool to use when people are being irresponsible and inflicting harm on themselves, not being a responsible to your family, your daughter and especially yourself. Such a great loss, so very very sad.

Who prescribes drugs of this nature to someone who abuses drugs and who has a reputation of abuse. I thought he was only a major pot head and now it appears it was so much worse? I would like the media to start identifying these people and allow the Ledgers to bury their son in peace and outside of the public limelight with some dignity and grace.

I will say both as someone who has seen some of the footage and who watched him work on the film this summer in Chicago,he will truly be remembered for this chilling performance and don't be surprised if he isn't nominated for an Oscar. And I don't care what you say about them not giving Oscars to comic book movies, its about performance and his was just unbelievable.

We'll miss Heath, but its also a wakeup call to those out there in trouble, like he clearly was, to reach out, talk to someone, let them know your having a problem, ask for help, for Heath's sake.
Weed is not an addicting drug, and I've never heard of him using anything else. He wasn't addicted to these, he just mixed a terrible combination.

don't think of pink ducks. don't do it. your doing it arnt you. The same effect would happen if Chris said don't think of Heaths death at the beginning

Why put people's minds on the subject before they even get a chance to relax and just enjoy the movie?

I think a "To Heath" message at the very end would be sufficient.

Do we even need to have this conversation? Like they're not going to put a dedication/in memory of at the end of the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"