PROPOSAL: DC Universe - Year Ten

Batman

Dramatic Example
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Batman

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: Skype me as mastervain, Facebook me, whatever you need to do. Most of you all know where to find me.

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: None so far, officially, so any volunteers are welcome.

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: It'll be an ongoing game based in the DC Universe, around ten years after the "current" generation of heroes started to pop up. The Superman families, Batman families, Flash families, Green Lantern Corps, Justice League of America and it's various incarnations, Teen Titans, and Justice Society are all well established and all of the big events have happened - Crisis on Infinite Earths, Death of Superman, Infinite Crisis, Blackest Night/Brightest Day, the works. This is roughly three years after the point just before Flashpoint would have happened and erased everything, negating The New 52 and setting us with a universe where events have continued on in a Post-Brightest Day world.

Premise of RPG: Another Crisis avoided. Following a devastating final attack by a resurrected Darkseid and his legion of Apokoliptian forces, the combined forces of The Justice League, Teen Titans, and Justice Society ensured that New Genesis' champion, Orion, met his father in a glorious final battle that meant the end for them both. With the end of Darkseid's reign over Apokolips and his Anti-Life equation forever lost, the universe finally reached a balance of peace and things - for once - seemed to settle across the cosmos. No more looming threat or danger from the stars, no more beings of infinite power threatening to rip the universe asunder. Earth was left to fend for itself, now, and it's heroes were allowed to concentrate on matters closer to home.

But things are not always as they seem. Just because threats from beyond the stars no longer seem as dire as they once were doesn't mean that Earth's heroes can rest easy. Despite Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter disbanding The Justice League to re-evaluate their ranks, a time will soon come when they'll be needed more than ever. A new evil will rise in the form of an old enemy, reconstituted and more powerful than before. An evil that will prey upon their weaknesses, their flaws, and even their morality in a bid to weaken Earth's only defense.

An invasion has already begun, beyond the notice of the good or the evil - but not from the vastness of space. From somewhere much more terrifying.

The Source Wall.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): What this game will bring is a chance to interpret the DC Universe as we see fit - not from the ground up, like the origin games, but going forward from a period that's largely been forgotten - where everything that was once great about DC's universe can still thrive. A safe haven, if you will, for the real DC Universe to shine again under the pen of the dedicated and talented writers we have here.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: DC Universe: Rebirth

Example Of Characters Application:

DC Universe: Rebirth - Season 1
Character Application

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play (please include the color and font you plan on using to portray the character):

Powers and Brief Origin (Provide at least two sentences. If you copy/paste this information from another website, link back to it, or it is considered plagiarism and is not allowed):

Group your character is aligned with (if applicable):

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar. One to explain what you plan to do with the character you've chosen. The other to explain why you've chosen this character. (i.e. What are your goals? Will you be doing anything different with the character than is usually seen?):

If you know how to post pictures, please provide a picture of your character:

Please provide a small sample post with original content in the style that you plan to write your character in (must be at least 3 paragraphs long and contain at least one line of dialogue):

Boy, you are the goddamn devil!

I'll have to think about this one.

So far I'd be between a second character in UOU or this game. I'll have to decide.

I'm going to be playing Batman in this game too. But with good reason, being that it's to tell a story I've been dying to tell for years.

Infact, the plans I have for this game's Bruce Wayne were enough to make me consider dropping out of DCYO. I won't up and abandon that game, probably, but I'm that excited for this. I want to write my definitive Batman run in this game.

Nightwing, here I come.

....unless of course Dick is still Batman, and Bruce is still running Batman Inc... As Batman. :/

Oh **** yes. And I already know exactly who I'm going to be playing.

I figure we can skip ahead to when Dick resumes his Nightwing identity, BL. Unless you want to still keep him as Batman. Doesn't really matter to me.

Batman, Inc. isn't really gonna factor into anything I have planned, though.

Question regarding canonicity. Is this strictly going to be based around the comics continuity, or would versions of characters from other sources (say, the DCAU) be acceptable? That actually has a pretty significant effect on what my character choice is going to be.

I'm going to say comics, unless you want to actively introduce elements from DCAU. The game is pretty much going to work like World of Heroes.

Hmmmm. I'll have to IM you about the specifics, considering the character I'm looking at playing is kinda-sorta-ish from the DCAU (maybe?), but tweaked to fit into the Year Ten setting.

Oh yeah a gathering of the usual suspects and I'm not involved?

I don't think so....

Hmmm. Damian or Lor-Zod... decisions, decisions...

Hey, if this is a thing that may happen, then I'm in.

Y'know what? I'm gonna go ahead and make this happen-- the Basement needs at least one place where the Justice League aren't rookies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"