Ps5 vs. Series X/S: Which next gen system are you leaning more towards?

if you aren't going to add full BC, at least release remakes, remasters, or collections of your classic games so that the current generation of gamers can at least experience those classic games.

think about it. there's an entire generation (or two) of gamers who most likely have never had the chance to play those early classic Final Fantasy titles (pre VII).

More collections like Halo:Master Chief would be awesome. It includes the main games in the franchise in both original and remaster forms. Street Fighter also recently did their own 30th anniversary collection with every version of SF1-SF IV!

I would love to see collections like that for Mortal Kombat, The Witcher, Star Wars, Grand Theft Auto, God of War, Uncharted, Super Mario, Sonic and just so many. Potential for many possibilities!

More collections like Halo:Master Chief would be awesome. It includes the main games in the franchise in both original and remaster forms. Street Fighter also recently did their own 30th anniversary collection with every version of SF1-SF IV!

I would love to see collections like that for Mortal Kombat, The Witcher, Star Wars, Grand Theft Auto, God of War, Uncharted, Super Mario, Sonic and just so many. Potential for many possibilities!
yes!

Yeah, I absolutely love this stuff! :cool::up:

Xbox Series X will be the most powerful console with BC and cloud gaming but Playstation 5 will likely have quality and quantity of games. Don't know if they'll continue getting third party exclusives but their exclusive IP'a will probably be expanding even more! Just found out PS5 will be getting an exclusive wrestling game, which will be the 2and exclusive PS wrestling game and both by different developers/publishers.

So does all that change your plans and you will now get both consoles or still getting just one but maybe switching sides than expected?

Xbox Series X will be the most powerful console with BC and cloud gaming but Playstation 5 will likely have quality and quantity of games. Don't know if they'll continue getting third party exclusives but their exclusive IP'a will probably be expanding even more! Just found out PS5 will be getting an exclusive wrestling game, which will be the 2and exclusive PS wrestling game and both by different developers/publishers.

So does all that change your plans and you will now get both consoles or still getting just one but maybe switching sides than expected?
where did you hear that about the exclusive wrestling games for PS5?

I do like wrestling games, and I am getting tired of the WWE monopoly with their increasingly stale WWE 2K offerings.

so, if the PS5 is getting not one but two exclusive wrestlers, that could be important to me.

anyways, outside of that, I've switched back to PS5, now that they are a bit clearer on the BC issue. And, to your point, it's about the games, and it's hard to ignore that. Every time I try to walk away from Playstation and just stick with Xbox, I can't do it because I'm always reminded of something that I can only play on Playstation.

Case in point, Persona 5 Royal this week and Final Fantasy VII Remake in a few weeks. I tried hard to resist both, thinking I'll just skip P5 Royal since I already played the original game, and I'll just wait for FF7R to release on Xbox next year. But, I just couldn't do it. I've also been enjoying playing Granblue Fantasy Versus and there is the new Guilty Gear game out on PS4 later in the year. These are all things I can't play on Xbox.

if the PS5 is $100 cheaper, that would also sway my decision to get that first. I'm also assuming that, once they get the BC down, I'll be able to play all the PS4 games I'm interested in on the PS5.

with all that being said, depending on the price, the quality of launch titles, and the state of BC at launch, I may be more inclined to just wait until next year or later before buying either new console.

there's still plenty of games, both new and backlogged, to enjoy on my current consoles. so, unless either new console gives me a solid reason to want to upgrade now, I may just hold off and wait.

Last edited:
I sent you links about those games in a message.

You have a good point about your reasoning for supporting PS but so do you ever get both consoles at the same time?

Still gonna grab the Xbox Series X, does not matter the $$, as I have already been saving since it was announced. Too many (200+) games invested in the xbox line, and the next one looks amazing. Beats out my computer for gaming (Xbox One X/S does that lol)

I am still annoyed PS has a few games I want to play though, SpiderMan, Last of us, and now Predator (from what I can see)..

Keeping my eye out for PS4 Pro price drops to play those, thinking about getting a referb on wish if the price drops enough.

I had the first Last of Us when I had a PS4 but not playing Fire Pro Wrestling World, Spider-Man and a new Predator game hurts and it sucks!

I really hope those game are all BC or get remasters for PS5

I sent you links about those games in a message.

You have a good point about your reasoning for supporting PS but so do you ever get both consoles at the same time?
thanks, man.

no, I would never buy both consoles at the same time. too expensive especially given the current console prices.

I usually buy one first, then the other console(s) down the road, hopefully when they are cheaper, or when there are must have games on them. That's why a console's game selection is important to me.

Ideally, though, for next gen, I'd like to be a single console owner. Based on my current gaming habits, I don't play that much anymore, so managing multiple consoles is less than ideal. I tried doing that this gen, but somehow I ended up with all three consoles.......haha.

I'll keep the Switch until that gets replaced with a newer/Pro model. but between Playstation and Xbox, I'm aiming to get just one of the new consoles.

Out of the ps games that aren't available in Playstation 4 (well in disc), the ones I want to see a physical release again are:
  • GTA San Andreas, Vice City, 3, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, 4 (these are basically my teenage games)
  • X-Men Legends 1 and 2 (still the best X-Men games to date)
  • God of 1 and 2 (I haven't played the first game)
  • Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire (haven't played these two)
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica (I want a remake of this)
  • Marvel VS Capcom collection plus X-Men vs Street Fighter, Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes
  • Pepsi Man and Disney ps1 games
  • Justice League Heroes
  • Just Cause 1 and 2 (only because I've played 3 and 4)
  • Assassin's Creed 1 (the only main Ac game I haven't played, I see the ps3 disc of this all the time in the stores, it just sucks that its not compatible with the ps4).

The others like Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat have received a reboot treatment that I don't need to experience the older games again. I would also like to play the older Spider-Man games if given the chsnce but the 2018 game is the best one so far and its already getting a sequel.

Last edited:
I would geek out like crazy if X-Men Legends and Ultimate Alliance were BC or especially got remasters.

Ultimate Alliance games were BC for a while but I was waiting for them to get added to Gamepass. Now they aren't available anymore :(

I hate when licensing issues get in the way of BC and general availability of games.

Out of the ps games that aren't available in Playstation 4 (well in disc), the ones I want to see a physical release again are:
  • GTA San Andreas, Vice City, 3, Liberty City Stories, Vice City Stories, 4 (these are basically my teenage games)
  • X-Men Legends 1 and 2 (still the best X-Men games to date)
  • God of 1 and 2 (I haven't played the first game)
  • Red Dead Redemption and L.A. Noire (haven't played these two)
  • Resident Evil Code Veronica (I want a remake of this)
  • Marvel VS Capcom collection plus X-Men vs Street Fighter, Children of the Atom and Marvel Super Heroes
  • Pepsi Man and Disney ps1 games
  • Justice League Heroes
  • Just Cause 1 and 2 (only because I've played 3 and 4)

The others like Tomb Raider and Mortal Kombat have received a reboot treatment that I don't need to experience the older games again. I would also like to play the older Spider-Man games if given the chsnce but the 2018 game is the best one so far and its already getting a sequel.

Why does it need to be released on disc, is my first thought.
Second off, LA Noire is very much available for PS4, both on disc and digital.

Why does it need to be released on disc, is my first thought.
Second off, LA Noire is very much available for PS4, both on disc and digital.
I haven't seen LA Noire (ps4 disc) in stores. And I don't want to buy/download games online. Well I download if its for free but I have no interest in streaming a game online and I delete games all the time so I don't want to buy games online. I feel more secured with a physical copy.

A new report at Resetera indicates that PlayStation is reportedly telling developers that the aim of game loading on the PS5 is to make it as quick and intuitive as if a user were picking something to watch on Netflix.

The report indicates Sony has been designing the PS5 to appeal to gamers looking to play in shorter bursts, not just those willing to put in multi-hour sit down sessions.

Sony reportedly pitched developers in a way that said “playing a PS5 game should be as easy as Netflix.” The aim is that players can load up a game immediately and know exactly how much time a given activity is going to take them, and switch between and continue games as easily as one switches between Netflix titles.

A recent PS5 patent also indicated that you’ll likely be able to quickly access different parts of a game.
Dark Horizons

Just what I wanted to hear. I don't have the time anymore to invest in hours upon hours of gameplay at one time. Stuff that is shorter in bursts or has breaks is ideal.

That does sound good and I'm really curious about quick access to different parts of the game

According to a rumor, Ps5 will be $400. If that's true, that would sway me back in the direction of playstation next gen

That's what I expected the PS5 price to be. I'm thinking Xbox will be $500 although they might lower the price a bit if PS really will launch at $400.

$100 difference would not seem so bad but that $100 could go towards a new game and PS online services. If Xbox launches at $450-$500, there's also a new game and xbox live/ultimate gamepass to consider and so that should be over $600 plus tax and insurance if you get it

That's what I expected the PS5 price to be. I'm thinking Xbox will be $500 although they might lower the price a bit if PS really will launch at $400.

$100 difference would not seem so bad but that $100 could go towards a new game and PS online services. If Xbox launches at $450-$500, there's also a new game and xbox live/ultimate gamepass to consider and so that should be over $600 plus tax and insurance if you get it
yes. and don't forget the expandable storage solutions for each console. that's going to be another factor in the total cost of the new systems. and I'm sure those options aren't going to be cheap, most likely $100+.

They could launch the rumored Lockhart for $400 or even $300 to compete with the Ps5 at $400

Maybe they'll launch xbox series x at $400 to match PS5 but no way MS will launch their new gen and most powerful console ever at $300

The Lockhart is the cheap version (if it gets confirmed). He didn’t mean the main XSX being launched at 300. That would be ridiculous lol.

What's the difference between the lockhart code named console and main XSX?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"