PSP Action Game Featuring Big Boss on MG's 20th Anniversary??

Boom

I got nothin'
Reaction score
From Hidechan blog, translated by someone on Gaming Age forums:

- Official MGS canon. Takes place in 1970 after MGS3, story is connected to MGS4.
- Big Boss is the main character, story is the formation of Foxhound.
- Action game, but Big Boss controls troops.
- Graphical quality to be on-par with PS2 MGS games.
- There will be more story and more alternative victory solutions in this game.
- No continue, when troops die they die for good. Focus on the element of death in the battlefield.
- Wi-Fi enabled battles.
-You can "bet" troops in battle, but if you end up surrendering, you won't lose them.
- Connectivity with MGS4???

Is this the game Mei Ling/Paramedic's Japanese VA said she'd be in in addition to MGS4? Reprising her role as Paramedic?

Please don't be BS.

What they should do is remake Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for the Playstation Portable :mad:

Because it's so hard to play Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 with a PS2 controller.

*mouth drops open* cool ash :up:

It's not a pure RTS, the flag options sound likethings for the online multiplayer though. This is that "new innovative game play" that Kojima wanted to see if people would accept or not so they were using it in their next PSP project...

It will probably show up at E3!

Nice. But they really need to make PSP versions of Metal Gear 1 and 2 complete with the detailed story and cutscenes in MGS2-esque graphics. Big Boss is good and all, but his son Solid Snake is simply a much more intriguing character and a bigger badass.

You hear that Kojima? More Solid Snake! :mad:

They should just make a Metal Gear FPS like the E3 video. Sony needs an FPS bad and that's probably their best bet. Killzone is a joke and Resistance is the follow-through.

Addendum said:
Because it's so hard to play Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 with a PS2 controller.

I controlled the MSX versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 just fine with the PS2 controller. :confused:

What Phaser said is why they need to be remade:

But they really need to make PSP versions of Metal Gear 1 and 2 complete with the detailed story and cutscenes in MGS2-esque graphics.

Like Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake aged horribly, despite being great games. That is why they should be remade.

WhatsHisFace said:
They should just make a Metal Gear FPS like the E3 video. Sony needs an FPS bad and that's probably their best bet. Killzone is a joke and Resistance is the follow-through.

An Metal Gear FPS game? Maybe it should star the Boss during her exploits in World War II :o

Anyways, Resistance: Fall of Man is going to rock, unlike Killzone. Insomniac kicks ash :mad:

Not to derail this thread but Insomniac sucks.

I'm content with my MSX emulator on my PC with MG and MG2, and my copy of Subsistence since it has MG and MG2 on it as well.

And we've already had a remake of MG2. It was called Metal Gear Solid

Addendum said:
And we've already had a remake of MG2. It was called Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid was not a remake of Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, they had completely different stories.

I'm desperately waiting for the day I get to play as Solid Snake fighting Gray Fox barehanded in a minefield. Considering that both Snake and Fox were very good friends before that, the emotional and situational impact of the setting would be very pretty unsettling and damn powerful. It's one of those moments in the MGS saga that I believe is pure cinematic genius. Just hearing Snake narrate the whole incident to Naomi in MGS put a big smile on my face. I'd practically be grinning with satisfaction when I'll actually get to play it (someday, hopefully).

Phaser said:
I'm desperately waiting for the day I get to play as Solid Snake fighting Gray Fox barehanded in a minefield. Considering that both Snake and Fox were very good friends before that, the emotional and situational impact of the setting would be very pretty unsettling and damn powerful. It's one of those moments in the MGS saga that I believe is pure cinematic genius. Just hearing Snake narrate the whole incident to Naomi in MGS put a big smile on my face. I'd practically be grinning with satisfaction when I'll actually get to play it (someday, hopefully).

If that ever happens, that would be like heaven on Earth. I'm sure that before the fight, the exchanged dialogue will be very badly translated into english. Major cinging will ensue. :(

The Trainman said:
If that ever happens, that would be like heaven on Earth. I'm sure that before the fight, the exchanged dialogue will be very badly translated into english. Major cinging will ensue. :(

Of course, all that dialogue will have to be properly rewritten. Perhaps even some nice additions to the story to complement the game's improved presentation.

I looked around for further confirmation.

This game is the real deal *****es :D:up:.