Psp Slim Kicking Butt In Japan!!!

good for sony......now nintendo can take a little break for making all those ds and swim in the money they make off of it.

yay

We all know asian people can't swim. You have to admire Sony for doing so well in a market where Nintendo has dominated FOREVER, and has chewed up and spit out all competition. Now they need to release a PSP2. Special emphasis on two, as in TWO analog nubs, and make it even THINNER. It could be like Iphone thin!!! That probably isn't really feasible, but it would be cool, you gotta admit.

Yeah... no. Just cuz they've been on top for years doesn't mean they always will be. ****, Sony dominated with the PS1 and 2 for a long time, but they fell, so there's never anything permanent in this industry. PSP just needs become more original. Don't get me wrong though, I love Jak/GTA/GOW/MGS/Madden based games on the PSP, they're awesome. But Sony needs to move away from being PS2-lite. They should start courting more small time devolopers with crazy ideas, but not much money. A solid original game would do great. Dead Head Fred or whatever got originality down, but wasn't solid. LocoRoco had both though.

Damn, I can't argue with that. Dang, just... dang. You had so many thought out points, yet you were still concise!!!:dry:

at the end of the day nintendo will pull a gameboy(in color not the graphics) and atill sell like mad and sony will go "wtf nintendo?"

Nintendo will just release a new portable that's even more innovative than this. That's what they always do. That's what get's them sales. Though Sony isn't going anywhere now. They have a steady foot hold in the portable console race by appealing not just to gamers but everybody.

Yeah... no. Just cuz they've been on top for years doesn't mean they always will be. ****, Sony dominated with the PS1 and 2 for a long time, but they fell, so there's never anything permanent in this industry. PSP just needs become more original. Don't get me wrong though, I love Jak/GTA/GOW/MGS/Madden based games on the PSP, they're awesome. But Sony needs to move away from being PS2-lite. They should start courting more small time devolopers with crazy ideas, but not much money. A solid original game would do great. Dead Head Fred or whatever got originality down, but wasn't solid. LocoRoco had both though.
and thats what was the PSP's problem in the beginning. So many of its games were PS2 ports. Why buy for the system when youve already played the game? Thankfully now that the PS2's future library is dwindling down, developers are forced to make new original games for the PSP and thats been helping it

Only system I own is a PS3, but I'm thinking of plunking down the cash for a PSP. Anyone here recommend one? Do they work really well with the PS3? I've got Crash from the PSN store, and I've heard it can be transferred and played on my PSP. To be honest, I don't know much about them at all.

I'm also thinking about which one I should get. The Star Wars package looks mighty nice. Anyone have it?

psp-star-wars-battlefront-e.jpg

I suggest getting the Daxter pack. You get the PSP, Daxter, 1gb memory stick, and a family guy UMD for $200. Thats the same as the Star Wars pack, minus the Star Wars game and the Darth Vader sticker on th PSP.

spidey 17 why not nintendo's pulled off stuff like that before and a little something here and there and sells like mad. i suggest the next time around sony pulls a nintendo and thet might just fair better, but nintendo still has over 25+yrs on their side and sony has............final fantasy but so does nintendo.........hmmm this could be tough -_-

I suggest getting the Daxter pack. You get the PSP, Daxter, 1gb memory stick, and a family guy UMD for $200. Thats the same as the Star Wars pack, minus the Star Wars game and the Darth Vader sticker on th PSP.

I actually want it for the SW stuff though (and hate Family Guy). Would I get the 1 GB stick with it?

spidey 17 why not nintendo's pulled off stuff like that before and a little something here and there and sells like mad. i suggest the next time around sony pulls a nintendo and thet might just fair better, but nintendo still has over 25+yrs on their side and sony has............final fantasy but so does nintendo.........hmmm this could be tough -_-

I don't think that's his point. It's obivious that Nintendo will remain the leader in the handheld market and will keep it in the far future. I think his point is that unlike all the other handhelds, Sony has actually broken Nintendo's monopoly on the handheld market. It's here to stay. Sony can actually call the Playstation Portable a success. Maybe if you weren't such a blind anti-Sony person, you'd see that.

But yeah, Nintendo is probably going to make the Nintendo DS Micro or something like that and people will buy it like hotcakes.

im not anti sony im just saying that nintendo has beaten the competion even with inferior hardware, even when the game gear had color games and tv tunner, nintendo just changed the casing of their handheld and sales went through the roof. nintendo's always pulled off something like this before countless times and wins im just stating fact go wiki it if you like or watch game makers on g4 the history of the gameboy. they both say what im saying, when it comes to handhelds nintendo's philosophy of less is more usually beats out horsepower each time.

color screens vs. system in color
system in color wins...why??? i dont know maybe nintendo knows that people like a sytem that comes in diff colors

archaic graphics vs. advance graphics
archaic wins??? maybe graphics arent always important

i could go on and on but the result would be the same.......

and besides i may like nintendo but i know when to give props, sony may not be number one but they at least put up a better fight that the competition. and ive even wrote that in a post severa times before so.......yeah antisony im not!! but thanks for assuming that..its nice to know people can call you anything they want on the internet because of an assumption!!! maybe bello my sig i should write:

I may not like sony, but I do not hate them!!!! they just have their screw ups like everyone else!!!! And the Wii is a cleverly disguised gimick(look i even through in a wii bash just for you)

would this be helpful?

I love Nintendo, much more than Sony. And don't be hatin' on the Wii :cmad:

And you're missing the point again. NINTENDO WILL BEAT THE PLAYSTATION PORTABLE. There is no debate there. And Nintendo DS sales will eventually come back on top soon once the Final Fantasy fever for the Playstation Portable dies out. And obviously when they make a new Nintendo DS model in a couple of years or a price drop.

The point is that the Playstation Portable has actually succeeded failed where Sega, Atari, Nokia, SNK, NEC, and Bandai failed. It broke Nintendo's monopoly. Nintendo has competition for once. And that's good for the industry.

And you're missing the point again. NINTENDO WILL BEAT THE PLAYSTATION PORTABLE. There is no debate there. And Nintendo DS sales will eventually come back on top soon once the Final Fantasy fever for the Playstation Portable dies out. And obviously when they make a new Nintendo DS model in a couple of years or a price drop.

The point is that the Playstation Portable has actually succeeded failed where Sega, Atari, Nokia, SNK, NEC, and Bandai failed. It broke Nintendo's monopoly. Nintendo has competition for once. And that's good for the industry.

Thank god someone on here actually understand my point. PP couldn't even put two words together to argue with me. And I'm not saying the PSP will definitely come out on top or anything, but that they're serious competition, unlike everyone else who has come before.

Thank god someone on here actually understand my point. PP couldn't even put two words together to argue with me. And I'm not saying the PSP will definitely come out on top or anything, but that they're serious competition, unlike everyone else who has come before.

DS > PSP

It's that simple...

and besides i may like nintendo but i know when to give props, sony may not be number one but they at least put up a better fight that the competition. and ive even wrote that in a post severa times before so.......yeah antisony im not!! but thanks for assuming that..its nice to know people can call you anything they want on the internet because of an assumption!!! maybe bello my sig i should write:

didnt i say that in my own round about way:wow: or am i confused:huh: ..and i know the ds has beaten the psp. after two weeks the psp has already slumped back to 2nd place in sales....:o.....its ovious nintendo won this round but i pretty much said what you said about nintendo not having the handheld market to itself:woot:

and you like nintendo..........now i really am confused:huh: :woot:

It all comes down to personal preference....I don't own a DS...I don't think I ever will. There just are not that many games on it that really make me go 'oooh I have to get it'. To be honest it looks like a glorified SNES/N64...the 2D graphics are fine, but the 3D graphics are just plain crap. I'll take Crisis Core or GOW:Chains of Olympus graphics any day. I like Nintendo, I will be getting a Wii at some point, now that I've got my PS3 and X360 but the fact is....to me...the DS is just a gimic, like the Wii. Gimics sell..yes...but not for me. I'll take my PSP any day.

Besides, as far as multi use...being a multimedia format..the PSP beats the DS hands down...download movies...music....surf the internet...all out of the box. The DS has two screens..big ****in deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WolverineHunt01
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"