Playstation PSVR (2nd Generation for the PS5)

I’d like to keep tabs on how VR in general is going. I’ll jump in one day when the quality, convenience and experience is of a high enough level.

I’d like to keep tabs on how VR in general is going. I’ll jump in one day when the quality, convenience and experience is of a high enough level.
To me, the VR headset is still not that affordable and there aren't lot of well known critically acclaimed vr games. Like for a VR headpiece that cost around 350, I would need like 30 games for that I for sure would attract me. I have 2 psvr compatible games and I played them just fine without a vr headset. Also, my eyes are an issue, and I don't want to get dizzy while playing.

I'm interested to see how long will Sony be committed to this or if this going to end up like psvita.

And how do you play a psvr with a cord connected to the playstation and not accidentally pull your console?

If I get a PS5 then I'll likely upgrade my vr too. Still tempted to save up for a PC though and try vr that way. Seems like more options.

I just want to know how the headset will look and fit comfortably biggest gripe about my psvr is the headset

hope the camera will be good. i didnt like my psvr camera for my ps4

How good is VR these days?

I still enjoy it from time to time. There are some great experiences out there, but not too many AAA experiences. Most standalone VR games I've come across seem to be shorter experiences, but this is often reflected in the price thankfully. It's largely VR ports like Skyrim or rare instances where something like RE7 releases with a VR mode where I've found you get more hours of gameplay.

Horizon Call of the Mountain Revealed for PlayStation VR2
Created for PlayStation VR2, this unique experience has been designed to push hardware technology, innovation, and gameplay. The stunning visuals and brand-new PS VR2 Sense controllers give a new meaning to being fully immersed into the world of Horizon.

We don’t want to reveal too much just yet, but this story will be told through the eyes of an entirely new character. You will also meet Aloy, other familiar faces, and new characters along the way, and we’ll be introducing you to the protagonist of Horizon Call of the Mountain soon.

Details and specs of VR2:
PlayStation VR2 and PlayStation VR2 Sense controller: the next generation of VR gaming on PS5

Last edited:
Sounds like an improvement but I think the occulus headsets would be better since it’s completely wireless. I see there is still a single cable attached to the ps headset which can be quite annoying

The design looks better and it is definitely inline with the ps5's look.

I'm curious how long Sony will try to make Vr a thing. It just doesn't seem like the future of gaming.

Some outlets got their hands on the headset during CES. Pretty good feedback so far.

We finally got our hands and eyes on the PlayStation VR2
Horizon Call of the Mountain was the most technically advanced — probably because it was built from the ground up for the PSVR2. The sense of scale in the game is amazing, and watching a gigantic mechanical dino walk directly overhead felt like visiting a post-apocalyptic Jurassic Park. Rock climbing was also incredibly fun, provided you resisted the urge to look down at the chasms below. The new Sense controllers vibrate when you touch objects, so it added an extra layer of physicality when you draw your bow and shoot an arrow. We were also immensely impressed at how much thought went into building an interactive world. Can you just… break plates and toss boxes off a cliff? Yup! Can you pick up a hammer and bang a gong, even though there’s no plot reason to do so? Also yes!
PlayStation VR2 is making me fall in love with VR again
One of the most beautiful games I’ve seen in VR, Call of the Mountain feels like a visual showcase for Sony’s new headset. Leaves, wind, fire, explosions, and giant robots fill the sky as you make your way through a new Horizon story.
The game will clock in at around six or seven hours, according to the developers, and combat will primarily consist of shooting arrows rather than the wild melee acrobatics seen in earlier games. But if the giant Thunderjaw battle I played in the press event demo is any indication, those fights should give off many of the same endorphins.

Compared to the other games on display, Call of the Mountain seemed like the one most custom-built for the new headset, with nice touches like headset vibration and using eye tracking to control the game’s menus.

I would like VR to eventually be a big success but I’m not sure heading into a recession how many people will be able to afford getting both a PS5 and the additional cost of the VR unit.

Well I got my ps5 on credit via a store card. I've got six months to save up and pay it off and I'm not raking in the money, so it's doable. It's a big difference than buying a beefed up gaming PC that can handle VR and then a Vive headset.

I see this going out like psvita.

This isn't just a gaming eXperience that Sony could support for decades. If they failed with a handheld console with a successful and popular predecessor, what else for a VR accessory that almost cost as much as a ps5? The game library isn't even that huge compare to nonvr ps5 games. Vr hasn't really taken off since Re7 made waves in 2017.

PSVR 2 Sales Headed for Disaster, Analyst Claims - PlayStation LifeStyle

Not surprised. This is an obvious flop to me and will follow the footsteps of PsVita. Sony should just put their resource to something else imo. And the fact that they didn't foresee this from happening is a head scratcher.

I watched an unboXing of this and even though the accessory/controllers look cool, the headpiece still doesn't look very comfortable to wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"