psycho's art

you know, now that you've gotten alot better, i would love a marvel show done in your style.....

psycho said:
Thanks Ghost.

Here is an Ultimate Scarlet Witch pic I did last night

UltScatletwitchrsze.jpg

BTW. I've started working on those mythology characters.

Pretty :) :up:

I've been workingon the mythology characters a little bit and here is my first sketch of Anansi.
Anansimodern.jpg

psycho said:
I've been workingon the mythology characters a little bit and here is my first sketch of Anansi.
Anansimodern.jpg
HE HE,spider
keep it up psycho!:up:

Here is Odin. Or Óðinn as he is called in the old Norse language which is almost extinct but largely survived in my native language, Icelandic. :D
He is seen with his two ravens Huginn and Muninn.
In almost every depiction I have seen of Odin he is portrayed as a pretty frail looking old man, and I decided to deviate from that quite a bit as you can see.

Odinn.jpg

Awesome. I, personally, have always envisioned Odin as being ripped and slightly overweight. Like the build you drew right there.

Thanks, yeah I really felt like he should be the kind of guy that looked like he gained his muscles from physical labour, not the kind you do in a gym to get ripped but more the kind you get from power lifting. And so a wide and big build was in order to make that more obvious and through the clothes to make him look powerful, even though he is kinda past his prime.

PS. I was gonna draw his wolves behind him but they didnt turn out too good so I decided to just skip it.

you focus too much on the characters and not enough on the figures themselves. copying from comic books and cartoons have brought you this far, but they are not academic studies. nude figures will help you to improve vastly. i'm talking night and day difference. your figures are very flat -- with no volume or depth. even a flat drawing after studying anatomy will still imply a certain depth.

that's the best advice i have for anyone who draws superhero pin-ups.

/art geek

Thank you darwinwins. This is very good advice and believe me, I will put it to good use and try to improve myself. :up:

darwinwins said:
you focus too much on the characters and not enough on the figures themselves. copying from comic books and cartoons have brought you this far, but they are not academic studies. nude figures will help you to improve vastly. i'm talking night and day difference. your figures are very flat -- with no volume or depth. even a flat drawing after studying anatomy will still imply a certain depth.

that's the best advice i have for anyone who draws superhero pin-ups.

/art geek

I like you:up:

psycho said:
Anansimodern.jpg
umm... shouldnt Anansi be african american?

o duh.. my bad haha i was tryin to be politically correct and just messed myself :(

Yeah. I did kind of notice Anansi's lack of blackness.

Sorry about that guys, I guess it somehow just slipped my mind.

Hello everyone. I have barely drawn a thing over these last two weeks, I had exams at school and then I went straight to a new job but here are a few little drawings of mine.
This one I did the other night while watching Escape from L.A.
SnakePlissken2.jpg

And here is the first sketch of my June Fan Art Contest entry.
Supesflysketch.jpg

Plus: The Final Version of my entry for last months contest.
Magnetoinkspanelsfinalclr2.jpg

ampersand said:
No. He should just be African:p
Still wrong there buddy. Not everyone in Africa is black (ie Egyptians).

Anansi... is black.

Still a cool drawing. Can't wait to see that Superman pic finished.

doommachine said:
Still wrong there buddy. Not everyone in Africa is black (ie Egyptians).

Anansi... is black.

Still a cool drawing. Can't wait to see that Superman pic finished.
Well, spideyboy said he should be african-american (which means american but of african decent, not black in general) so I corrected him by saying he should be african only. You're talking about skin color. It's different.

The Question said:
He should still be African, though.
I agree, I was just pointing out that describing a black person's race as African is too broad because it includes people other than black people.

The problem is there isn't really words that literally mean what people associate them with. Curse you connotations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"