psycho's art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by psycho, May 9, 2005.

1. psycho Registered

Thanks. That angel pic was pretty difficult, I did many pages of just wings before I got it right.

2. Lady Stormcrow Registered

Whoa, the more I see of your work, the more I love it! Its very addictive, you have a great individual style.
    Also, I admire anyone who can make a cartoony style picture look like someone real.
    That Batman was really good! And I also liked the Beast near the beggining of the thread.

3. psycho Registered

Thank you very much.

4. psycho Registered

After the recent events in Ultimate Spider-Man Annual and Kitty Pryde being Spidey's new girlfriend I decided to draw this.

Pencil Sketch
    [​IMG]

Inks.

[​IMG]

Colour.

[​IMG]

5. spiderfan08 Registered

i liked it until i hit the colors. some critisism, it is too bright and their skin is too yellow. nice drawing though.

6. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

my only critisism is still work on women... Black cat looks good but her torso is way tooo long

7. spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

o and also work on women's lips... kitty's body looks good but her face is fugly

8. CyberMonkeytron Bad Monkey

shes got some serious 'man hands' as well.

9. psycho Registered

Yes I know I'm not to good with drawing women but I'm practising
    and I am pretty unsatisfied with the way her hands look.
    I think the Pencil Sketch is the best of the three.

10. Mr. Marko Canada Wants You!

Agreed, you pencil work is good, but I'll have to go with Spiderfan on this one, way too bright, and the skin could be toned down a bit. Still looks good though!

11. psycho Registered

I did draw another picture of Peter and Kitty which I think is alot better.
    The colours are better and I think her hand is a bit better than on the previous one.

[​IMG]

EDIT: I noticed that you should probably get a glimpse at her left arm behind his head, I gotta fix that later.

12. psycho Registered

The Joker. You wouldn't believe how hard it was to colour this pic. I had to do it four times before I actually managed to save it. My Paint Shop Pro Program kept shutting down just before I finished the shadowing and I had to start all over again. But I finally managed to make it through the entire colouring process without the program shutting down on me.

[​IMG]

13. CyberMonkeytron Bad Monkey

hmmm I guess the answer there is save and save often...

My suggestion is to draw a line at a direction towards the characters- now thats gonna be your directional light. In your joker pic you have indicated 4 or 5 lights with your shading that all conflict with each other. Did you just plan on shading the jacket? coz the rest doesn't show any signs of light at all, especially the gun.

He also doesn't have a thumb at the mo, and if the rain (?) is falling that way that means that is the direction of the wind- which means the smoke on his gun is going the wrong way.

Its all about attention to detail you know- believe me its probably easier for other people to spot these things than you after staring at it for so long. Thats why its good that you post stuff, so we can help you out. :)

14. Silver Sable Wild Pack Commander

Psycho, your artwork kicks ass! You should be a animation artist for Marvel and DC cartoons! Keep it up! :)

15. psycho Registered

Saving a lot is the way I finally managed to finish it.

And about the shading, I guess it is a little chaotic but my original intent was to keep the shadows on the right side and the highlights but I guess it got a little over crowded with lights.

And about the smoke from the gun, that was intentional. The idea was that he just fired and is pulling his arm toward himself and the smoke is following the movement of the gun but something got lost in the translation.

But ultimately your right It is hard for me to spot these details when I've spent a couple of hours in front of the computer. And its this sort of criticism that I learn from and it improves my artwork and improves my colouring.

Thanks Sable. And you got it right, my dream is to either be a comic book artist or to work in character design for cartoons or video games.

16. deDIKnight Registered

Looking good Psycho - I like your style

Stop By and Post your Logan in My Adamantium Sanctum if you Want

I Like your Sin Cityesque one alot

A few board artists are signing up to do work for my comic
    The threads on here for details

Post a pic or PM me if youre interested

17. Carmine Falcone So it goes.

I like it. :up:

18. Silver Sable Wild Pack Commander

Thanks Sable. And you got it right, my dream is to either be a comic book artist or to work in character design for cartoons or video games.[/QUOTE]

I wish you luck
    :up:

19. psycho Registered

20. psycho Registered

Here is a pic I actually did before the Joker one,
    Tony Stark.

[​IMG]

21. deDIKnight Registered

Lol thats great

nice anime looking work Psy

But Tony looks a bit like Gary Oldman's Dr Smith in the LOST IN SPACE movie

22. psycho Registered

If he does it is very unintentional.

23. deDIKnight Registered

Check out the film again and tell me if it doesnt - even the expression on his face is very Gary Oldman there in that drawing

It wasnt a diss my man - i love your work:) :up:

Oldman rules

24. psycho Registered

Uncoloured Robin.

[​IMG]

Coloured Robin

I know that in some areas the colouring is pretty bad and thats because the outlines, when scanned, turned out to grayer than I thought they would so the transition from colour to outlines are pretty bad in some places.

On a brighter side though, I think I'm getting a little better with the shading

[​IMG]

25. -Æ- Fallen

You have the best line work i have seen in a while. Your clean *which is key* Your drawings are great. Just seeing from the start you are progressing and getting better.

Its very grafitti esque your style, you character faces are on key.

Some simple critique, I had to learn this my self, perspective can be a witch but yours has gotten better. Your hands are really good, but really need to be scaled down on the ladies.

How long have you been drawing yourself? I can see that you will be a really awesome comic artist. *I don't know how old you are* but you should really consider getting a website up to display your work cause its really good!