Sequels Pure Speculation: Spider-Man the series

Thorne

Civilian
Reaction score
First a disclaimer, I do not believe this is going to happen just want to ponder over how it would/could work.

Watching some of the plethora of live action superhero series it got me thinking how might Spider-Man translate onto the format. This is not so much me thinking about how the Spider-Man films have worked (as very large blockbusters) but how Peter Parker's story could be told on the small screen, and actually the best of the Spider-Man films (Spider-Man 2) was also the smallest in terms of scale.

The cable format of shorter seasons (8-12 episodes a year) would probably work a lot better than the network style of longer seasons (20-24) since many of this type of show suffer badly from the drag of too many filler episodes.

Budget would be the largest stumbling block, yet a show does not need to be the visual feast of CGI that we expect from blockbusters. With a combination of a great stunt team and a cost effective visual effects crew with directors and producers who know how to make use of what they have they could still pull off his powers in some action set pieces. The budget would need to be high (since a few assorted scenes of the hero kickboxing with the villains would just not do), but Game of Thrones started with about 6 million an episode and something in that range could get the job done well enough. That would seem a big risk, but such as series would have a huge built in fan base and tons of hype from the day it's green lit.

Just think of how much better a TV show could paint Peter Parker's life. Characters could be introduced with a natural pacing and evolve overtime. TV is actually a much closer match for the type of stories from comics than blockbuster movies have the potential to be (Mary Jane Watson is a great example of a breakthrough character before those became a staple of TV), and a lot of the influential writers from TV were actually influenced by the old Spider-Man comics.

Once again not saying it will happen, just engaging in some idle speculation on how it might come together if it did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"