Puss 'n' Boots 2 | Universal

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
‘Shrek,’ ‘Puss in Boots’ Getting Rebooted (EXCLUSIVE)

Instead, Meledandri has taken on the task of reviving “Puss ’n’ Boots” and “Shrek,” two of DreamWorks’ best-loved properties. Even though he wants to find a fresh way to revisit these stories, Meledandri isn’t interested in a total revamp. Part of the popularity of “Shrek” is attributable to a voice cast that included Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy and Antonio Banderas, and Meledandri would like to get the band back together.

“When you look back on those vocal performances they’re awesome, and while you certainly could make a case for a complete reinvention, I find myself responding to my own nostalgic feelings of wanting to go back to those characterizations. The challenge for us has been to find something that really does feel like it’s not simply yet another film in a series of sequels.”

Last edited:
The other thread is for the 'Shrek' reboot. This one is for the reboot of Puss 'n' Boots which is a different movie (a spin-off/offshoot of the main franchise). The character had his own movie in 2011 and the Illumination Entertainment boss is considering a reboot for the movie so I think it warrants a separate thread.

Shrek, I get. PnB, not so much especially for a reboot with a returning cast.

Shrek, I get. PnB, not so much especially for a reboot with a returning cast.

I see that PnB has better critical reception than the last 2 Shrek outings. So, it's good?? Would you recommend it??

Funniest one from this franchise without needing as many referential puns.

I looked it up again and I was surprised to see Chris Miller's name. :db: Nao I'm gonna hafta fast-track this on my watch-list.

Reactions: CJ
:up: I looked it up again and I was surprised to see Chris Miller's name. :db: Nao I'm gonna hafta fast-track this on my watch-list.
lol the other Chris Miller, btw (wrote & directed Shrek 3)
now I think we know why Puss in Boots 2 was pulled from this year.

But how do you recast banderas?

Unless they get Danny trejo :wow:

But how do you recast banderas?

They are planning on getting the original voice cast back again for these new outings.

But then again, how do we classify these new ones as reboots if that's the case?? Maybe the studio will ignore the sequels and treat them as non canon but it's still confusing.

Wouldn't it just make sense to do a sequel instead of straight up rebooting it?

I saw the first one the other day and I didn't really like it. I mean it wasn't bad but it was just far too simplistic and formulaic and it wasn't very funny.

I think a reboot with zanier characters and a better story can easily improve upon the original. Just imagine Lord & Miller or even Verbinski doing this. :db: :db: :db:

Oscar nominee Antonio Banderas will again voice the suave feline outlaw, as Puss in Boots discovers that his passion for adventure has taken its toll: He has burned through eight of his nine lives, leaving him with only one life left. Puss sets out on an epic journey to find the mythical Last Wish and restore his nine lives.

The sequel to the Oscar nominated-$554M-plus global grossing Puss in Boots, entitled Puss in Boots: The Last Wish will open on Friday, Sept. 23, 2022. Currently Puss in Boots 2 is the only wide release on that date, and Universal had the weekend already reserved for an untitled event film.

Universal Sets Release Dates For Dreamworks Animation ‘Puss In Boots’ Sequel & ‘The Bad Guys’ – Deadline

Interesting. I actually like the Puss character.

I liked the first movie, so definitely onboard with this. :up:

The first movie was surprisingly good and this sounds good too.

Peacock exclusive? :o

‘Puss In Boots 2’ Sets Salma Hayek Return; Harvey Guillen Among New Cast – Deadline

Puss-In-Boots-The-Last-Wish-Exclusive-.jpg

I should probably get around to watching the first one. Am I correct in assuming it's better than the third and fourth Shrek movies?

You are definitely correct in that.

It’s kind of gotten lost over the years, but I remember it being a lot of fun twist on fairy tales. I think Guillermo deal Toro had a hand in the sorry which helped. Certainly miles better than other animated spin-offs in a world of Minions and Penguins of Madagascar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"