Q & A w/Louis Leterrier: Round 2

As a fellow filmmaker, what do you consider you're filmmaking style, either visual, narrative or audio? And how will this impact on The Incredible Hulk, where on the sliding scale of Marvel-------LL film will it be?

Thanks, CyrusBales.

Louis

Modern CB movies seem to take a lot of influence from other CB movies of the recent and distant past, for example: Superman Returns and the Spiderman movies are heavily influenced by the Donner Superman movies, Constantine and Ghost Rider seem to be influenced by the Blade movies, etc. Superman Returns even lifted a scene straight from the 1st Hulk movie and used it in a major sequence.

Will any CB movies that have come before influence any parts of TIH for you?

Also, just out if curiosity, what are your top 5 CB movies out today?

AVEITWITHJAMON

What was this?

Superman's unconscious descent from space after carrying New Krypton up to it was exactly the same as when Hulk fell off the jet and plummeted back to earth. Some of the angle's are even the same. I LOVE both movies though.

Something to consider.

LL, Instead of having the Hulk get bigger as he gets angrier to provide a visual of increased streangth would you ever consider the idea that muscle tone, and muscle mass, and vascularity would simply increase instead? In other words instead of having the Hulk grow to say 15 feet tall, keep him at a max of 8 to 9, but increase his mass, to the point where when he is at his angriest he is a quivering bristling wrecking ball of muscle and sinew. The first films CG team studied physics and how a body builder moves, but in the comics realism isn't that much of a neccesity, the Hulk can at times ( depending on Artist of couse) apear to be beyond any ability to flex and bend. Take for instance the McFarland (early 90's) Hulk, gracefull in leaps and action, yet at the same time totaly unrealistic. Too much time can be spent on realism and physics at times with CGI, the beauty of CGI, is you can make your own physics, just like an artist.

exactly!! Perfectly worded! Bigger and greener as he gets angrier is just dumb... Should work with his face too attaining the HULK grimace as a result of his Jekyl/Hyde type of anger...

A couple of quick questions:
- Will we see an appearance by Samuel Sterns, aka the Leader?
- Will the Hulk perform his "thunderclap" attack during the movie?
- Any chance of seeing the Hulkbusters go one on one with the big green guy?
- Is there the possibility of any other Hulk foes making an appearance (i.e. Madman, Flux, Rock and Redeemer)?
- Is there the possibility of seeing the Hulk as "Mr. Fixit" in this film?

Superman's unconscious descent from space after carrying New Krypton up to it was exactly the same as when Hulk fell off the jet and plummeted back to earth.

I guess. I really thing you should try and watch movie without comparing them to Hulk. LOL I don't want to go round and round over this but does that mean anytime someone fall back to earth, unconscious, that it was taken from Angs Hulk? That silly.

I guess. I really thing you should try and watch movie without comparing them to Hulk. LOL I don't want to go round and round over this but does that mean anytime someone fall back to earth, unconscious, that it was taken from Angs Hulk? That silly.

How is it silly when Ang's Hulk did it first? Also the way SR does it is practically the same. And CJ i watch all movies comparing them to Hulk, were did you get that from? I just noticed the similarity between the scene's.

If you get to read my post lou, I just have two questions I enjoy the hulk theme song by danny elfman alot will you danny elfman do the score? and exactly how action packed will the sequel be?

CJ i watch all movies comparing them to Hulk, were did you get that from? I just noticed the similarity between the scene's.

Jamon I was joking. I understand the similarities but to say it was lifted from Hulk is silly. IMO. Like when King Kong came out and, I don't think it was you, someone said that the King Dino fight was taken from the Hulk dog fight. It's just silly to me Jamon. I'm not bashing anyone

Jamon I was joking. I understand the similarities but to say it was lifted from Hulk is silly. IMO. Like when King Kong came out and, I don't think it was you, someone said that the King Dino fight was taken from the Hulk dog fight. It's just silly to me Jamon. I'm not bashing anyone

Well fair enough i think the scene's are there to be compared as they are so similar. And there is definately influence there as some of the camera angles are exactly the same. I think that scene in SR was definately lifted from Hulk.

Also, i think the Hulk vs Dogs fight did influence the KongvsV-Rex fight, they are very similar.

But nothing wrong with Directors drawing inspiration from other movies.

I just think because you hate Hulk so much you dont like to see people drawing influence from it, which is a natural reaction BTW.

I just think because you hate Hulk so much you dont like to see people drawing influence from it, which is a natural reaction BTW.

I'll agree that there's nothing wrong with Directors drawing inspiration from other movies.

No. It has nothing to do with if I like Angs Hulk or not. Untill you said that that scene was lifted from SR it never crossed my mind that it might have been. But what else were they going to do in SR when Superman lifted the island off the planet? Have him float around in space? He had to fall back to earth otherwise he would have been dead. If that were the case Ang lifted his scene from the TV movie The Death of the Hulk when the Hulk fell to the ground. You see what I'm saying. It's kinda silly.

Hello there Mr Leterrier,
Thank you for taking time to answer questions, we all greatly appreciate this level of closeness from one of the major players in the movie. Now for my questions:

1- I'm big on psychology and character development, we all know hulk is not always angry and is at times nothing more than a scared and angry child, will we see little moments where in his solitude he appears inquisitive and less of a monster on an emotional level?

2- Will we see the hulk in a slight heroic role? Sometimes due to fighting the military and the sheer amount of destruction he can be seen as a villain, but usually the public realizes he's the good guy because he's provoked or defeats the main villain

3- I'm not asking for spoilers but will there be any slight hints to an expanded Marvel universe? What I mean is usually in comic moves it's isolated and other heroes are not even refereced, is there any chance that we could get the idea that there are more super beings in other parts of this movie's world?

Well that's all for now. :) Thanks for everything,
Dais/ShockDingo

I'll agree that there's nothing wrong with Directors drawing inspiration from other movies.

No. It has nothing to do with if I like Angs Hulk or not. Untill you said that that scene was lifted from SR it never crossed my mind that it might have been. But what else were they going to do in SR when Superman lifted the island off the planet? Have him float around in space? He had to fall back to earth otherwise he would have been dead. If that were the case Ang lifted his scene from the TV movie The Death of the Hulk when the Hulk fell to the ground. You see what I'm saying. It's kinda silly.

Maybe Ang did lift it from DOTIH, i dont know i never saw it. But just watch both scene's from Hulk and SR together and they are almost identical, so no i dont think it is silly to compare them, sorry.

Maybe Ang did lift it from DOTIH, i dont know i never saw it. But just watch both scene's from Hulk and SR together and they are almost identical, so no i dont think it is silly to compare them, sorry.

Fair enough. Let end this so this thread doesn't go sideways.

"Betty Ross was not a hottie, she was an average girl. The casting was poor. I hope you really do your homework on the original information."

Whoever asked that is out of their mind:o
seriously,its jen connely dammit!

Hey LL, just one question, is the script finished and have you read it?

Sava

Mr. Leterrier, will you introduce any new friends of the Hulk from the comics? Will you also have a reference to the Leader in the movie?

General Ross has been nicknamed "Thunderbolt" since day 1. It refers to his explosive temper, not to any super powers.
I must admit, I'm not much of a comic fan. I just checked Wiki and it states that Ross got powers at a certain time and died later in a fight. And because of the highlighed "Thunderbolt" answer I was curious if he got them in the movie too. Like, first he wants to kill Banner, but in the end he helps him and dies heroically, or not. It's a movie, anything can happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"