Q & A w/Louis Leterrier: Round 2

Ed Harris or hell even Kurt Russell for Thunderbold assuming Sam isn't coming back. Kurt had that personality in Tombstone and Harris is dead on perfect for the role.

Mr Leterrier

Could you please go into further detail when you say that prosethetics will be used in certain scenes instead of cgi? It almost sounds like you will be using a man in a suit technique similar to what they used to create Mr. Hyde in League Of Extradinary Gentleman.

Will the Abomination be a mindless monster or will he retain his intellect like in the comics?

Since you said you are close to casting Banner Im assuming Banna is NOT coming back. If this is the case will any of the orginal cast be returning?

Will the Hulk and The Abomination be realistic size in this movie instead of 15 ft tall like the Hulk maxed out at in the first movie?

Are you folks still toying around with introducing the Gray Hulk in this movie?

Thanks
MrMordrid

Not sure if anyone has already said this, but...

How will you choreograph Hulk's movements? From the background footage on the first Hulk, it seemed that Ang had some difficulty getting the stunt men to behave as the Hulk would, per the comics. The video shows Ang acting out many of Hulk's movements himself. While I admire Ang's effort, I thought a lot of Hulk's expressions were a bit cheesy. On the other hand, I liked a lot of it, too. What's going to be the basis for your version of Hulk?

Bannerless Hulk

I think the transformation scenes are where the prothetics should be used personally...mixed w/CGI. The CGI trasnformations was one of the only weaknesses of the 1st film as far as the look.

For the Hulk getting madder issue i would go for the change in the world around him is a better move then changing him. You know, Bigger holes, the ground breaking and if they really want a good time set this in a city where through destruction, everyone will understand how powerful and out of control THE HULK is. For that matter that power would make some really good scenes in the woods have him do a ground pound that'll look like a meteor crash, having people thinking, "lucky that happened in the woods, other wise a lot of people would have died".

And i hope you can incoporate a drug up scene where someone has to force Hulk to HATE them to break him free of the drug. Those are classic.

Tone

Well fair enough i think the scene's are there to be compared as they are so similar. And there is definately influence there as some of the camera angles are exactly the same. I think that scene in SR was definately lifted from Hulk.

Also, i think the Hulk vs Dogs fight did influence the KongvsV-Rex fight, they are very similar.

But nothing wrong with Directors drawing inspiration from other movies.

I just think because you hate Hulk so much you dont like to see people drawing influence from it, which is a natural reaction BTW.

The King Kong Vrex fight is an updated version of the Trex Kong fight of the original Kong movie. I highly doubt anything in Hulk inspired the folks at Weta Digital.

Ed Harris or hell even Kurt Russell for Thunderbold assuming Sam isn't coming back. Kurt had that personality in Tombstone and Harris is dead on perfect for the role.

R. Lee Ermey for Thunderbolt Ross. :woot:

The King Kong Vrex fight is an updated version of the Trex Kong fight of the original Kong movie. I highly doubt anything in Hulk inspired the folks at Weta Digital.

I disagree, elements of the Kong/V-Rex fight are almost identical to the Hulk/Dogs fight. Of course, thats not to say WETA didnt better the Hulk fight, but i think they were definately influenced by it.

I think the transformation scenes are where the prothetics should be used personally...mixed w/CGI. The CGI trasnformations was one of the only weaknesses of the 1st film as far as the look.

Good point... I could see a painstaking conversion process that would payoff! Stages of makeup to CGI... More HULKish movements with some of the classic HULK comic poses would be good too, as they've done with the Spider-Man movies. As a matter of fact I'm hoping they take the Spider-Man franchise as the model which has kept almost everything from the comic and made it better!

I disagree, elements of the Kong/V-Rex fight are almost identical to the Hulk/Dogs fight. Of course, thats not to say WETA didnt better the Hulk fight, but i think they were definately influenced by it.

Oh I agree with you on that. Watching that scene reminded me of the Hulk instantly and I've seen the original Kong film as well. I hated the new Kong film. PJ screwed that one up IMO. There were definate great moments to the film but too much junk in between that was not neccessary...and not enough time with the great moments with Kong & the girl and dealing with the natives.

Oh I agree with you on that. Watching that scene reminded me of the Hulk instantly and I've seen the original Kong film as well. I hated the new Kong film. PJ screwed that one up IMO. There were definate great moments to the film but too much junk in between that was not neccessary...and not enough time with the great moments with Kong & the girl and dealing with the natives.

I think PJ's KK is a fantastic movie, i loved it, and the Extended version is even better, i dont understand how anyone could dislike it.

all this KK and Hulk stuff is wrong, the only thing the fights have in common is that the hero fights 3 people. Yes the fights are brutal, yes the fights have the love intrest in them. But other than that, there really is nothing there. Both fights had to be brutal and for that to happen, they need to put something in the middle for the 2 sides to fight over. I really didnt see anything that screamed Hulk rip off or anything that was influenced by it.

^ No it's very very similar as far as each movement from start to finish. Watch them both again instead of just using memory cause I did.

all this KK and Hulk stuff is wrong, the only thing the fights have in common is that the hero fights 3 people. Yes the fights are brutal, yes the fights have the love intrest in them. But other than that, there really is nothing there. Both fights had to be brutal and for that to happen, they need to put something in the middle for the 2 sides to fight over. I really didnt see anything that screamed Hulk rip off or anything that was influenced by it.

Ahh someone who gets it. It not all about Angs Hulk

I think PJ's KK is a fantastic movie, i loved it, and the Extended version is even better, i dont understand how anyone could dislike it.

The action was too over the top for the film. Jack Black wasn't a mutant superhero and the cliche clumsy dino's is getting old always tripping over each other and falling at the last second while fat Jack Black can seemingly outrun Raptors with Camera equipment on his back while underneath stampeding Bronts, where'd the natives go, the stupid bug scene in the chasm, the horrible scene of the dino and kong falling through the vines down the chasm, etc...I absoloutely loved the beginning up until they ran into the tribe, all the moments with the girl were classic, all the action scenes were stupid except the awesome ending. Pole vaulting natives. LOL I enjoyed the way the 1976 story flowed much much more. It's all about the story to me. Anyways that's why but se can save this for a King Kong thread from now on.

I guess. I really thing you should try and watch movie without comparing them to Hulk. LOL I don't want to go round and round over this but does that mean anytime someone fall back to earth, unconscious, that it was taken from Angs Hulk? That silly.

No, but the way they were shot was EXTREMELY similar.

Also, there was Supes learning to fly...he did the long jump, long jump, really long jump thing that Hulk did before he lept off in the desert.

I think it was a little more than just a coincidence.

No, but the way they were shot was EXTREMELY similar.

Also, there was Supes learning to fly...he did the long jump, long jump, really long jump thing that Hulk did before he lept off in the desert.

I think it was a little more than just a coincidence.

Well since that happened first in SMTM I'd say coincidence.

Ok i have a question..

are you going to explain his incredible strecthy pants.? i kid. ;)

i was wondering how much of the mind of bruce banner your going to explore..are you going to show the hate Hulk has for Puny banner?

and any chance of the lonly man theme from the series being in there.?

^ No it's very very similar as far as each movement from start to finish. Watch them both again instead of just using memory cause I did.

i just saw both fights, will KK one was longer, Hulks' was more brutal IMO but i still dont see that similarities. Someone needs to explain this to me. But do it in another thread, this one is not for KK vs Hulk

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"