Q & A w/Louis Leterrier & Suggestions Box

Ions said:
WTF? :cmad: That's not funny man, I don't create gag accounts.
admit it...its you, i'm on to you man!!!

Sava said:
admit it...its you, i'm on to you man!!!
Oh very funny. Don't be stupid. A mod can clear this up, go get one. If he's a fake LL they can ban his ass.

Ions said:
Oh very funny. Don't be stupid. A mod can clear this up, go get one. If he's a fake LL they can ban his ass.
i was kidding man... relax, caught you in a bad day eh?

its not me, just incase anyone out there is wondering :D :(

I just got this message from Louis on myspace:

Hey AD thanks for the vote of confidence. It's so funny that no one thinks it's me.
I'll try to log in to SHH and tell them.

Later

So I think the above person is him. LOL

Hey AD thanks for the vote of confidence. It's so funny that no one thinks it's me.
I'll try to log in to SHH and tell them.

Later
Well it's not that wierd, alot of people pretend to be famous folk for the sake of having a laugh. Which is why we are dubious till the identity is confirmed. There was a fake insider with X-men 3 that went on for ages pretending his was in the film and gave fake spoilers, when he wasn't. He even fought bitterly that he wasn't a fake when people started calling him on some stuff he said. And then the mods banned him.
In gaming forums usually a developer who posts is idenfied by the mods so the people can have confidence they aren't being made fools by some nasty teenager looking for a laugh.
Don't be offended if you are who you say you are. :yay:

A few questions Louis if you're checking here too:

1) Can you confirm the method for which the Hulk will be presented?
2) Can you confirm if Dominic Purcell is in talks for a role in your movie, and possibly what role that is.
3) Will you get Statham a role in this film if not Abomination perhaps someone in the military.
4) We know the budget is not over 180 million per the terms of the merril deal but do you have an estimate yet? Zak said it was quite a bit.
5) Is Bana officially eliminated from contention or is he still a possibility?
6) How far are we away from a casting annoucement and a release date?

Ions said:
Well it's not that wierd, alot of people pretend to be famous folk for the sake of having a laugh. Which is why we are dubious till the identity is confirmed. There was a fake insider with X-men 3 that went on for ages pretending his was in the film and gave fake spoilers, when he wasn't. He even fought bitterly that he wasn't a fake when people started calling him on some stuff he said. And then the mods banned him.
In gaming forums usually a developer who posts is idenfied by the mods so the people can have confidence they aren't being made fools by some nasty teenager looking for a laugh.

Yeah well Louis wasn't doing that. He had a very basic myspace account that he wasn't using to promote The Hulk or make claims about who he was. I just happened to do a search and dig it up. There were no pictures, no comments, nothing. His profile was basically blank except for his first name and his age, and location. So if what you're saying is true then he would have been using that account to play games. His first e-mail to me above makes it quite clear to me that it's him. I dont' have any doubts. Why don't you ask him questions to prove it. People doubted it was Favreau and Tim Story on their accounts as well. Instead of doubting him let's go with it until proven otherwise.

Louis Leterrier said:
Hey everyone.

It's me, Frenchy.
That's for the comments about my english, working hard on trying to improve it.

So let's talk soon and I'll read you often.

Louis
Welcome to the HYPE!
We all look forward to your vision of the HULK!

Advanced Dark said:
Why don't you ask him questions to prove it. People doubted it was Favreau and Tim Story on their accounts as well. Instead of doubting him let's go with it until proven otherwise.
Ok then.
  1. Is this a sequel or not? There has been alot of confusion over this. Sometimes yes, and other times no.
  2. Is Lou Ferrigno really in the running to voice Hulk? (I hope not)
  3. Avi & Zak have said they liked the action in the first film(desert battle), do you also share this opinion? And plan to live upto/top it?
  4. Ang sometimes used interesting wipes to go between shots, although you don't need to, will you slip a few in during editing for people like me that loved that?
  5. Was the distancing from the first movie(even as a sequel) at Comic-con more of a way of getting attention of those that were dissatisfied with the first film rather than condemnation of the first film itself?
  6. Will you also be checking out Ultimate fighter matches to get a feel for the influence on Hulk's fighting style in the first film(assuming you aren't familiar with that already)? Or will there be no consistency in this regard?
  7. Speaking of consistency, will there be any?
  8. Has there been any talk of doing an online video blog from behind scenes of the film as many movies are doing these days?
  9. Has there been talk on where this will be filmed(U.S., Canada etc)?
  10. Are you focused on casting an unknown or well known actor for Abomination? Or are you open to either?
  11. If there is some sense of continuity between films is there a chance will Harper return(even if it's just a cameo)?
  12. Are you expecting rewrites for Zak's first treatment?
Done. :)

Advanced Dark said:
A few questions Louis if you're checking here too:

1) Can you confirm the method for which the Hulk will be presented?

We're studying every method and we'll pick the best method for every shot. It's important to make the Hulk tactile in this one. As an audience member I love to be confused and not know if it's CGI, animatronic, make-up (loved Dvy Jones in Pirates... all CG!!!).

2) Can you confirm if Dominic Purcell is in talks for a role in your movie, and possibly what role that is.

Let me show you something...

ITW: Hello Louis Leterrier.
LL: Hi.
ITW: I hear you've been asked to direct Indiana Jones 4.
LL: Huh...
ITW: INDY, you're so lucky!!!
LL: Huh, well, I love these films but...
ITW:That's going to be amazing. Good luck"

... and a day later every one says that LL is directing the next Indy.
Listen to Dominic Purcell's interview again.

3) Will you get Statham a role in this film if not Abomination perhaps someone in the military.

He's Betty...

4) We know the budget is not over 180 million per the terms of the merril deal but do you have an estimate yet? Zak said it was quite a bit.

It's enough. Listen, I made Transporter 1 for 17M$, Unleashed for 20M$ and Transporter 2 for 22M$ (this one could have used a couple of extra bucks, sorry about some of the vfx's). I'm used to small budgets. This one's very big in Hollywood standards and huge compared to my first films. I'm going to put every penny on screen.

5) Is Bana officially eliminated from contention or is he still a possibility?

He's not out.

6) How far are we away from a casting annoucement and a release date?

Nothing's set.

LL

Ions said:
yeah, sorry LL, i thought this was a joke by some kid. My bad.

I have a question. What did you think of the first film?

Welcome to SHH by the way :up: :)

Thanks LL perhaps LL Cool J could be the Abomination. LOL at LLCJ in LL's movie. ;)

Seriouslly thanks for keeping in touch with the fans. Favreau kind of started this, Tim Story did it as well, and you seem even more active. I love it.

So should we call you Frenchy?

one more Question, how far away are you from seeing the first version of the script?

Ions said:
Ok then.
  1. Is this a sequel or not? There has been alot of confusion over this. Sometimes yes, and other times no.

It's a hard question to answer. You have to be the judge of that when you see the film.
  2. Is Lou Ferrigno really in the running to voice Hulk? (I hope not)

I've only met Lou once and I was star-struck. Who do you think should do the voice?
  3. Avi & Zak have said they liked the action in the first film(desert battle), do you also share this opinion? And plan to live upto/top it?

There only one way out of this one and it's up...
  4. Ang sometimes used interesting wipes to go between shots, although you don't need to, will you slip a few in during editing for people like me that loved that?

Too early to say.
  5. Was the distancing from the first movie(even as a sequel) at Comic-con more of a way of getting attention of those that were dissatisfied with the first film rather than condemnation of the first film itself?

I like the first film. I just think I'm a maggot compared to Ang Lee. I'm not going to try to copy him, it would be an enormous failure. I'm going to do my version of a Hulk film. There's a lot of me in Unleashed. If you liked this film, you'll like our Hulk.
  6. Will you also be checking out Ultimate fighter matches to get a feel for the influence on Hulk's fighting style in the first film(assuming you aren't familiar with that already)? Or will there be no consistency in this regard?
  7. Speaking of consistency, will there be any?

I'll surround myself with the best fight choregraphers. It's going to be special.
  8. Has there been any talk of doing an online video blog from behind scenes of the film as many movies are doing these days?

I don't know. I'm not very photogenic.
  9. Has there been talk on where this will be filmed(U.S., Canada etc)?

Too early to say.

10. Are you focused on casting an unknown or well known actor for Abomination? Or are you open to either?

Open to both.
  11. If there is some sense of continuity between films is there a chance will Harper return(even if it's just a cameo)?
  12. Are you expecting rewrites for Zak's first treatment?

Zak's turning in the best screenplay I ever read. I'm serious.

LL

Welcome to the hype:yay:

we're on the right track. Great mix of action-adventure-fun-noir-horror. It the screenplay that never stops. We're going to have to fight with the MPAA about rating

This sounds very promising:up:

As for a question,the guys have covered most that i would ask so I'll ask one that relates to one of my favourite aspects of movies,can you tell us a rough outline for one of the action sequences ?

Best of luck LL:yay:

Here's a few more:

1) Is Sam Elliot going to be reprising his role?
2) I hear Connely is NOT coming back. Is this true or undecided?
3) Are we going to see some massive destruction? :)
4) Are you taking this movie on as a one shot deal or are you hoping to continue with the franchise and make more sequels? In other words are you making The Hulk...yours.
5) Any chance of a Transporter 3?
6) Any other comic films on your wish list? Punisher, Iron Fist, Shang Chi, etc...
7) If you need any extra's...we're here for you. :)

We'll all be buying a ticket to this one. Any chance of a SHH or Myspace lottery to get tickets to the premiere?

Edit: Do us all a favor and get Zak to join Myspace or join in on this thread. Zak was great when he talked with the fans at the XVerse.

Edit 2: This guy from Unleashed looks big enough for any man-in-suit shots.
017d206.jpg

This isn't Questions and Answers, this is Questions and Not-Commital Replies.

I hate that studios pull this to convince the fans that they're, 'on our side'.

^ They dont' have a finished script, they don't have a cast, so WTF do you want him to confirm? He's answered the questions as he can and he's under contract and can't reveal certain things as you should know. He can only tell us where he is now and surely he and Marvel in kind don't want to reveal certain things too early. He's been very upfront Kevin and answered what he can how he can. You should be grateful he's here instead of complaining that he hasn't given you an answer that doesn't exist.

You can always ask him questions yourself and surely he'll reveal why or why he cannot give you an answer. Don't be negative.

First off, welcome to the Hype, and thanks so much for doing this for us. I have only a couple of questions (for now :yay: ).

Was your earlier response confirmation that Hulk will, indeed, speak? I think it would be easier to make the audience relate to him if he talked.

The second isn't a question, so much as a personal wish: at least one feat of strength that puts anything Superman did in this summer's movie to shame. Any chance of that? Yes? Yes?

Thanks!

I only have one question which i am pondering:

Will you keep the style of the first Hulk movie with the live comic book, or just keep it a normal film?

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I was upset when I heard that Hulk might not be all CGI... The comments made about choosing the best method for each shot definitely swayed my opinion... Leterrier is the man! If you haven't seen Unleashed, you're missing out!!! Go get it!!!

I was stoked when he was announced as the director, I'm even more excited now!!! I loved Ang's "Hulk", but I'm telling you all right now, Leterrier's "Hulk" is going to exceed all of our expectations... Mark my words, The Incredible Hulk will be the "Best Marvel Movie EVER!!!"

Now if we could only get word that Bana is confirmed to reprise his role, I would be 100% satisfied with how things are shaping up... So Louis, if you ARE reading this... I love your work, I know that The Incredible Hulk is in the best hands I can possibly imagine... Now, will you please get on the phone & GET ERIC BANA signed on for this film???

I thought up a couple of questions.

Could you tell us some of the actors who are in talks for the role of Bruce Banner?

And out of the all the marvel movies which one is your favorite?

^ Perfect guys. Remember this isn't only a Q & A but a forum for suggestions too. I'll get the title of this thread changed that way if you have something to complain about you can make a suggestion instead turning the thread negative. I love this place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"