Q & A w/Louis Leterrier & Suggestions Box

Advanced Dark said:
^ They dont' have a finished script, they don't have a cast, so WTF do you want him to confirm?

Exactly!

^ My point is he can only confirm certain things, but what else he can do is share his enthusiasm and excitement over the project, squash rumors if possible, and let us in on some things. It's good to hear they'll use the best tech for each shot, it's good to hear Lou will be in it in some aspect, it's good to hear Marvel's behind him and they gave him all the source material and he's pushing certain idea's to Zak, it's nice to know Bana has not been eliminated yet, it's good to hear about the whole process of making a film before they make it. It's interesting to most of the people here. Having someone this involved and excited with the character and willing to talk to fans is great. This way as things progress he'll update us. He also said he's open to suggestions...that's a good thing don't you think? Of course we'll get a slew of non-commitals because it's so early on...but anything is good news.

Louis,

what kind of design teams are you looking to in designing the look of the Hulk. I remember reading that multi-oscar winning FX artist Rick Baker stated he wanted a shot at working on doing an Animatronic/Live Action Hulk, have you looked into using him or any big names for making the Hulk if you decide to go the live action route?

Louis,

Hi, im a massive fan of the TV series and was gutted when i saw the first Hulk film. I never read the comics so my Hulk is Lou.

Can you tell me if this film will be more like the TV series, I loved Bill Bixby's version of Banner and Lou's Hulk and although the transformations look very dated by todays standards, some of the earlier ones were quite scary.
Will the horror of the transformations be more graphic. I thought that the transformations in the film version of the Hulk were not great.
Please try to use an actor as much as you can rather than all CGI.

I think Lou would be perfect for the voice of the Hulk in the next film, infact i think he'd still make a good Hulk full stop, or maybe Abomination?

Good luck.

Advanced Dark said:
Edit 2: This guy from Unleashed looks big enough for any man-in-suit shots.
017d206.jpg

Hey Dark, you are in a great position to be the voice of Hulk movie fans to the current director. My hat's off to ya. But understand this: NO ONE is big enough to put on a suit and be the Hulk! We need CGI Hulk for the sequel! Don't give this man any encouragement to use anything else!

My questions:

- Do you intend to work hard on making Bruce Banner a character that the audience can care about, without losing track of his darker issues? Many felt that was one of the main problems with the original movie.

- While many agree that the first movie may have went a little too much into "artsy" territory, they also feel Hulk isn´t a character for an all-out popcorn feel-good movie, he´s a dark character with complex issues. Do you intend to keep that or do something, in theory, more "crowd-pleasing"?

- Do you feel concerned with how to sell this movie, since the first didn´t go as well as expected?

- Oh, and I´d like to see the transformation have that simple but effective creepiness of the TV show, whereas I think the movie tried too hard to be spectacular but failed to generate the excitement that the "Hulk out" did on TV.

Spider - Man said:
Hey Dark, you are in a great position to be the voice of Hulk movie fans to the current director. My hat's off to ya. But understand this: NO ONE is big enough to put on a suit and be the Hulk! We need CGI Hulk for the sequel! Don't give this man any encouragement to use anything else!
I agree. The Hulk should only be CGI and nothing else.

Advanced Dark said:
I told you guys! Found him on myspace awhile ago but was waiting for an e-mail to confirm it was him. The profile kind of matched but there was no picture and he had nobody as far as "myspace friends" on his site. He e-mailed me back this morning and he seems pumped up. Here's the first e-mail from him:

1.jpg

I then e-mailed him back to confirm if it was ok to reveal his site to everyone and if I could share the above e-mail, and also suggested he set up a group like Favreau did with message boards and told him how to do it...and here is what he sent:

So guys hurry up and join myspace if you haven't already and request for him to be your friend. His site is kind of plain vanilla right now but that should be changing too!

Louis Leterrier's myspace page: Click Here!

If the link above doesn't work go to my page (SEE MY SIG BELOW) and Louis is one of my top friends.

LATER!!
After I read his Q and A on the front page, I have 100% convidence in this guy. I think he'll be the director I wanted for the first.

AND IF YOUR'RE LISTENING LL! MAKE HULK THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!!!!! HE MUST BE THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!!!!!!!! HAVE HIM LIFT A MOUNTAIN! SOMETHING THAT CLEARLY MAKES HIM (and not Supes) THE STRONGEST ONE...

well you guys get it.

Oh, and we need him to say "HULK SMASH!" And "HULK IS STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!"

Advanced Dark said:
I told you guys! Found him on myspace awhile ago but was waiting for an e-mail to confirm it was him. The profile kind of matched but there was no picture and he had nobody as far as "myspace friends" on his site. He e-mailed me back this morning and he seems pumped up. Here's the first e-mail from him:

1.jpg

I then e-mailed him back to confirm if it was ok to reveal his site to everyone and if I could share the above e-mail, and also suggested he set up a group like Favreau did with message boards and told him how to do it...and here is what he sent:

So guys hurry up and join myspace if you haven't already and request for him to be your friend. His site is kind of plain vanilla right now but that should be changing too!

Louis Leterrier's myspace page: Click Here!

If the link above doesn't work go to my page (SEE MY SIG BELOW) and Louis is one of my top friends.

LATER!!
After I read his Q and A on the front page, I have 100% convidence in this guy. I think he'll be the director I wanted for the first.

AND IF YOUR'RE LISTENING LL! MAKE HULK THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!!!!! HE MUST BE THE STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!!!!!!!! HAVE HIM LIFT A MOUNTAIN! SOMETHING THAT CLEARLY MAKES HIM (and not Supes) THE STRONGEST ONE...

well you guys get it.

Oh, and we need him to say "HULK SMASH!" And "HULK IS STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!"

Okay, here's my question...

Will Bruce Banner have the choice in this movie to cure himself/give up the Hulk in some way, before eventually realising he needs the Hulk at the end of the day, his blessing, his curse?

Louis;

Will there be any cameos from the comic, such as Rick Jones, Jim Wilson, or Leonard Samson?

Good luck!

The only thing I have to say is that I'm really impressed by the push that Marvel is making to have the directors of their properties communicate with the fans. Ghost Rider, Iron Man, and now this...I like what I'm seeing.

I am loving your answers Louis. I like that you seem to be having fun with how your handling this. I know there is a ton of questions already but I just have one. Hulk had a lot of Ang Lee doing the movements for the Hulk and while I think Ang is a great director I think the actor playing Bruce Banner should be the only one playing the CGI Hulk. Do you agree or are there still a lot of choices right now to know for sure right now?

Welcome and good luck with the movie, Louis.

Any word on plans to tie in a future Avengers spinoff?

Louis Leterrier said:
I've only met Lou once and I was star-struck. Who do you think should do the voice?
The same process as the first films, processing whoever plays Bruce so his voice sounds deep and strong. As with the first, Eric Bana voiced Hulk and they just modified it to give the deep voice someone with such a huge size like Hulk would.
Louis Leterrier said:
I like the first film. I just think I'm a maggot compared to Ang Lee. I'm not going to try to copy him, it would be an enormous failure. I'm going to do my version of a Hulk film.
Well that's a relief(for me anyway), from some interviews upto this point there was the impression you didn't much like the first.
Louis Leterrier said:
There's a lot of me in Unleashed. If you liked this film, you'll like our Hulk.
Do you mean as far as the action, or as far as just general tone and mood of the story itself? That opening fight from Jet Li was pretty brutal, that violence would fit very nicely as a Hulk battle.
Louis Leterrier said:
Zak's turning in the best screenplay I ever read. I'm serious.
Is the script complete, or near completion? Speaking of script, is the storyline a new story or does it take cues from old storylines in the comics? Will there be much influence on fights from battles in the comics(as far as influences to specific scenes, as the first did)?
Louis Leterrier said:
Thanks for the replies. :)

co2 said:
The only thing I have to say is that I'm really impressed by the push that Marvel is making to have the directors of their properties communicate with the fans. Ghost Rider, Iron Man, and now this...I like what I'm seeing.
Yeah, not to mention the changes to the Marvel website(now with forums). I guess they realised they were missing out by not communicating more closely with fans.

Spider - Man said:

I totally disagree. I think in the action scenes he should be all CGI but the transformation scenes it might be better off with quick flashes of a man in suit or animatronix. I don't expect man-in-suit to work in action scenes...no way. Animatronix should be used whereever it can be. It worked great in Jurassic Park. Louis said they'll use the best tech for the scene that is needed. If cgi is the best he'll use it but the transformation scenes sucked in Ang's Hulk film. I loved the film as a whole but they should have used other methods and this is the way to do it.

So I agree nobody is big enough to fit the shoes of The Hulk in a suit. No way but the transformation scenes hell yes, and animatronics in non-action shots or some close ups might be better. Trust me...you wouldn't even notice and that's a good thing.

The Hulk should be CG, ILM doing him one more time will prove to the world that a CG man can be done, their Davey Jones fooled everyone. Even people in the visual effects industry thought he was a guy in make up with CG enhacements, and prosthetics. CG now is on the level to replace prosthetics and bridging the line of what isn't real and what is, and fooling us all!

CGI is great for The Hulk but the tranformation scenes took me out of the film. It wasn't right. Quick cuts during his transformation with animatronix, cig, and man-in-suit would be better. All CGI in action scenes is needed except for very quick shots. A mixture with 90% cgi is the way to go.

Ok Mr. LL now this is becoming more interesting! The blur of the debate on this movie is lessening and things are getting brighter!
I think I'll change my mind again and I WILL go and watch your version of the HULK.

Personally I loved the style of the Transporter films...especially the first one. The fight scenes were really cool, the direction was top notch, and the overall film was superb even with the tiny budget. It'll be interesting to see the Hulk and Abomination duke it out. Hopefully this will happen in an urban setting where the rampage will cause cars to be crushed, buildings to topple, and bridges to collapse. :)

Note: Hey Louis I messaged Feige on myspace to add him and he never did but mentioned you were online and within minutes he added you. I'm Marvel's #1 spokesman online...and a stockholder in MVL darnit...tell him I'm on his side. LOL

Advanced Dark said:
CGI is great for The Hulk but the tranformation scenes took me out of the film. It wasn't right. Quick cuts during his transformation with animatronix, cig, and man-in-suit would be better. All CGI in action scenes is needed except for very quick shots. A mixture with 90% cgi is the way to go.
Well technology has gotten better since 2003. :p

^ Tech has gotten better not only in CGI but in all forms including suit design and animatronics. Whatever Louis does is gonna be awesome I know it. He obviously won't be lacking in budget and he loves to have fun with his action sequences. Can't go wrong.

The purple pants might also look better in non-cgi form in close up's...if that's neccessary. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"