Q & A w/Louis Leterrier & Suggestions Box

Advanced Dark said:
What's the trajedy of the character in the origin film if he has enough control not to even accidently kill someone in his rages...except Josh Lucas.

Actually Talbot's death was his own fault.

Stuart Green said:
But I do admit the parts that make me cringe from the first film were the moments where Bruce Banner is liking the changes, because it goes against one of the most popular aspects of Hulk's mythology: Banner DOESN'T want to change into the Hulk.
Dude, you are way off, i´m sorry to say...

You do know that Hulk is a physical manifestation of his repressed feelings, right?
You do know that Hulk and Banner are one and the same, right?
You do know that, when Banner changes into the Hulk, he feel free, because he is in touch with a part of him that is totally repressed, right?

So, as you see, is not that easy to say that he doesn´t LIKE to change into the Hulk.
It´s not so black and white...

Banner may like changing into the Hulk...

but he also realizes that that power is out of control, and therefore dangerous.

1. Will other characters from the Marvel Universe show up in the film like She-Hulk and Nick Fury?

2. Can we have She-Hulk in the film, please?

3. She-Hulk. Seriously. I want her in the film.

4. What about She-Hulk spin-off film?

Obi-Ron said:
Banner may like changing into the Hulk...

but he also realizes that that power is out of control, and therefore dangerous.
Yes

He is scared of the hulk's power in the film. "You know what scared me the most? I liked it."

He's afraid as anyone would be, of becoming the monster and reveling in its destructive power... that's what I took away.

I just suggest Louis Leterrier make a movie that has more to it than pretty fx. That's all I ask. Great acting, great story, and I'll be happy.

edti:

OMG, I just realized the director's posting in this thread. Wow I feel stupid...

Uh... hey... yeah well good luck with the film...

Louis Leterrier said:
Hey everyone.

It's me, Frenchy.
That's for the comments about my english, working hard on trying to improve it.

So let's talk soon and I'll read you often.

Louis

Welcome and thanks, so good to have you. Your English is excellent. Looking forward to hearing more!

Thanks again!

-CJ

I thought the second should start with two guys running through the rain forest AK-47s slung over their shoulders. Going on about having stole tons of supplies and medicine. They could say something about how pissed that guy looked. Then one of them could say, "what is he gonna do?" At that point they stop running when they get to a body of water. They turn to eachother and one goes "where's our boat" when all the sudden a giant shadow goes over head. They both look up to see their boat being thrown about a mile out to sea (a big boat, a ship). I always thought that'd be a good opening. It's funny, it's cool, and it picks up right where we left off.
Oh, and they both slowly turn around to see a 9 foot tall HULK who looks pissed and then says "HULK SMASH PUNY THIEVES!" They then run off and drop the supplies.

I really don't care what they do, as long as

A. HULK is the strongest one there is. He does some amazing feats of strenght that only the HULK could do.

B. He says "HULK SMASH!"

C. Epic, huge, major HULK vs Abom fight. Throw each other into billboards, throw cars, buses, slam each other into the ground, punching each other through buildings. Thunder clap + Ground Slam = Best. Fight. Ever.

Isildur´s Heir said:
Dude, you are way off, i´m sorry to say...

You do know that Hulk is a physical manifestation of his repressed feelings, right?
You do know that Hulk and Banner are one and the same, right?
You do know that, when Banner changes into the Hulk, he feel free, because he is in touch with a part of him that is totally repressed, right?

So, as you see, is not that easy to say that he doesn´t LIKE to change into the Hulk.
It´s not so black and white...
9/16/2006

Maybe, maybe not...

You see, I am well aware of Hulk's comic history and already know all of the things about him you have mentioned. But you also have to realize that there are many times that Banner doesn't like being the Hulk. It just depends on which version of the Hulk it is and who is writing it. Like the cartoon series, the 1970s live-action series with Bixby and Ferrigno and various writers' take on the character. After all, while it may not be black and white, Obi-Ron is right when he says that Banner realizes the Hulk is out of control. Even when Banner does have control, it's always temporary and never forever.

For me, I like the idea that Banner considers the Hulk a curse. It's also what I grew up with, especially with the TV series. One of my favorite moments on that show is when Bill Bixby's David Banner is confronted by a man who knows his secret and mentions he possesses a great power, but Banner instantly counters by snapping, "No, it possesses me!" I really wish the 2003 film had kept with the tone of the series and, love it or loathe it, that TV show is still how many people remember the Hulk to this day.

The Hulk maybe a part of Bruce's psyche and they are one and the same, but remember that Banner is also diagnosed with multiple personality disorder in the comics. He's been a baby-talking savage (the green Hulk), a mobster (the Gray Hulk), a genius ("the Professor" Hulk, who started off as the Merged Hulk of Banner and the two previously mentioned Hulks) and even Bruce Banner himself is considered the core personality by writers that worked on the comic, such as Peter David.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to see what kind of answers Mr. Leterrier has for everyone's questions. I'm really looking forward to see Hulk back on the big screen where he belongs.

'Nuff said.

Stuart Green

DACMAN said:
!"

C. Epic, huge, major HULK vs Abom fight. Throw each other into billboards, throw cars, buses, slam each other into the ground, punching each other through buildings. Thunder clap + Ground Slam = Best. Fight. Ever.

That would be awesome!!!!:yay: .I hope Louis will show us an epic fight.

Wow..the man is here. geekism.. :woot:

first off..the transporters kick ass dude.. i think a third is ready to be announced. :)

ok down to it..

i read somewhere that you liked the TV show (bill bixby) are you planning to take elements from that show?, possibly even the lonely man theme?.

I don't envy him answering all thes equestions, lol...the details he can confirm or not confirm, but discussing characterisations with fanboys is a minefield he'd do well to avoid.

Kevin Roegele said:
I don't envy him answering all thes equestions, lol...the details he can confirm or not confirm, but discussing characterisations with fanboys is a minefield he'd do well to avoid.

hey this is a golden opertunity.. don't spoil it. ;)

Kevin Roegele said:

Then go away. It's that simple. Find another thread since this one does not interest you. Bye.

So... Was that a one time thing or we can expect more answers?

my guess would be a one time thing

ultimatefan said:
So... Was that a one time thing or we can expect more answers?

I'm hoping he'll be back soon. Keep asking questions. Remember it's in the earliest of stages. I'm sure by XMAS he'll have a few presents for the fans as far as information since they're supposed to start filming in April. I would like to see the Hulk in a Wintry landscape though. Haven't seen him in snow yet.

omg

he replied to me

he seriously just replied to me.

same day!!

same ****ign day!

I sent him a very long long message. i wasn't even expecting a reply
i didn't even expect him to read it.

he sure as hell calmed my fears about this film.

its nice to just have the "everything is going ok" speech when it comes to hulk 2.

To: Louis

http://www.myspace.com/68150232
Date: Sep 17 2006 1:56 PM
Flag spam/abuse [ ? ]
Subject: Okay, here me out
Body: Dear Louis,

I am not in the slightest familar with your work. I skipped Transporter 2 and Unleashed because the trailers didn't interest me. So I have no right to judge your skills as a director. I just hope you understand what you have signed on to. Many people enjoyed the first HULK movie. Many people want the same seriousness and drama to be found in the sequel.

Now try to understand things, the fans have been hearing a lot of bad news about this film. from the man-in-suit rumors, to dominic purcell being Banner. There has been considerable doubt about this film.

Zak Penn has been giving bad buzz since X3. In his respect, FOX did control most of what he wrote, so hopefully Marvel gives him more power.

Ever since Avi Arad started talking about the sequel, he always called it"hulk-lite" meaning more action less heavy drama. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for action, This is a HULK film afterall. Yet one must understand that This film like Batman is a 2 sided coin. We must be able to see Banner and the Hulk's struggle.

I just hope that over the next months or years or whatever there will be more news that will ease the fans.

Sadly due to rumors and the idiotic speakings of AVI ARAD fans are responding very negatively towards this film. www.superherohype.com 's message boards are a primary example of such.

I dont expect a reply, maybe 1 just to let me know that you actually read this.

Mail Center
Read Mail

Bright Idea: [Upload more pictures. Upload Now.] From: Louis

Date: Sep 17 2006 3:20 PM
Flag spam/abuse [ ? ]
Subject: RE: Okay, here me out
Body: Hey QoH,

Nice to meet you. I understand that you weren't drawn to The Transporter films and Unleashed just because they aren't your cup of tea. But I must tell you something that I learned from Martin Scrorcese. Bad or good, you should see every movie (and read every book) because there's always something to learn from them. I try to watch 2 to three films a day, every genre of film, from every country. And if I liked the film, I watch it again right after I finished it.
I'm perfectly aware of what I step into when I accepted this film. At first, I really didn't want to do it. Ang Lee's a genius and his take on a superhero film was magistral. I just didn't want to do his sequal. Who am I to pretend to directly follow in this cinema God's footsteps. But when I pitched Avi (and I'll get to him in a sec.) what my vision was, that I loved the dark, tortured aspect of the hero, that I wanted continue in this direction and exposed to them the kind of twisted action I would see for this film, to go heavier and not lighter... I thought I would get kicked out of the Marvel offices by two huge molosses. It was the opposite. Their faces lit up and I understood that they would totally support me.
Don't believe anything you read on the web. The people writing on these pages are either 14-year-old guys in front of their PC who's never seen anything other than a Hollywood movie and think that cinema was invented by George Lucas or they're interns from rival studios trying to sink our ship. Same think for the reviews. So, here's my second advice. Don't read anyone else's opinion of a film, don't let them sum up the movie plot for you. Go see the film a "virgin", it'll be 4 times more enjoyable.
AVI and ZAK... I don't know why fans don't like these guys. They're grounded, humble. They love the material. Sure, they want to make a buck or two on the movies they make but no one can blame them and it doesn't mean that they're willing to make ****. Especially on this one. When I came to the meeting with Avi the first time, I asked him why he was taking such a risk (it's their moeny this time). He told me he loved this character so much that he couldn't allow a few movie critics bury him.
Anyway, I hope this is going to give you hope about our film. I promise you, and this long respond should show you how, that I'm commited 600% to make an amazing film and that's why I made my voice heard a tiny bit this week-end. I was fed up with the negativity.

Have a good one and let's talk soon.

LL

ironmaidenrules said:
omg

he replied to me

he seriously just replied to me.

same day!!

same ****ign day!

I sent him a very long long message. i wasn't even expecting a reply
i didn't even expect him to read it.

he sure as hell calmed my fears about this film.

its nice to just have the "everything is going ok" speech when it comes to hulk 2.

To: Louis

Date: Sep 17 2006 1:56 PM
Flag spam/abuse [ ? ]
Subject: Okay, here me out
Body: Dear Louis,

I am not in the slightest familar with your work. I skipped Transporter 2 and Unleashed because the trailers didn't interest me. So I have no right to judge your skills as a director. I just hope you understand what you have signed on to. Many people enjoyed the first HULK movie. Many people want the same seriousness and drama to be found in the sequel.

Now try to understand things, the fans have been hearing a lot of bad news about this film. from the man-in-suit rumors, to dominic purcell being Banner. There has been considerable doubt about this film.

Zak Penn has been giving bad buzz since X3. In his respect, FOX did control most of what he wrote, so hopefully Marvel gives him more power.

Ever since Avi Arad started talking about the sequel, he always called it"hulk-lite" meaning more action less heavy drama. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for action, This is a HULK film afterall. Yet one must understand that This film like Batman is a 2 sided coin. We must be able to see Banner and the Hulk's struggle.

I just hope that over the next months or years or whatever there will be more news that will ease the fans.

Sadly due to rumors and the idiotic speakings of AVI ARAD fans are responding very negatively towards this film. www.superherohype.com 's message boards are a primary example of such.

I dont expect a reply, maybe 1 just to let me know that you actually read this.

Mail Center
Read Mail

Bright Idea: [Upload more pictures. Upload Now.] From: Louis

Date: Sep 17 2006 3:20 PM
Flag spam/abuse [ ? ]
Subject: RE: Okay, here me out
Body: Hey QoH,

Nice to meet you. I understand that you weren't drawn to The Transporter films and Unleashed just because they aren't your cup of tea. But I must tell you something that I learned from Martin Scrorcese. Bad or good, you should see every movie (and read every book) because there's always something to learn from them. I try to watch 2 to three films a day, every genre of film, from every country. And if I liked the film, I watch it again right after I finished it.
I'm perfectly aware of what I step into when I accepted this film. At first, I really didn't want to do it. Ang Lee's a genius and his take on a superhero film was magistral. I just didn't want to do his sequal. Who am I to pretend to directly follow in this cinema God's footsteps. But when I pitched Avi (and I'll get to him in a sec.) what my vision was, that I loved the dark, tortured aspect of the hero, that I wanted continue in this direction and exposed to them the kind of twisted action I would see for this film, to go heavier and not lighter... I thought I would get kicked out of the Marvel offices by two huge molosses. It was the opposite. Their faces lit up and I understood that they would totally support me.
Don't believe anything you read on the web. The people writing on these pages are either 14-year-old guys in front of their PC who's never seen anything other than a Hollywood movie and think that cinema was invented by George Lucas or they're interns from rival studios trying to sink our ship. Same think for the reviews. So, here's my second advice. Don't read anyone else's opinion of a film, don't let them sum up the movie plot for you. Go see the film a "virgin", it'll be 4 times more enjoyable.
AVI and ZAK... I don't know why fans don't like these guys. They're grounded, humble. They love the material. Sure, they want to make a buck or two on the movies they make but no one can blame them and it doesn't mean that they're willing to make ****. Especially on this one. When I came to the meeting with Avi the first time, I asked him why he was taking such a risk (it's their moeny this time). He told me he loved this character so much that he couldn't allow a few movie critics bury him.
Anyway, I hope this is going to give you hope about our film. I promise you, and this long respond should show you how, that I'm commited 600% to make an amazing film and that's why I made my voice heard a tiny bit this week-end. I was fed up with the negativity.

Have a good one and let's talk soon.

LL
that is AWESOME!!!!

thank you LL :up:

Wow, good response. The guy sounds better than the initial impression.

Update: If he hasn't told you guys already...More Q & A's to come...perhaps in a month or so when Louis has more details he can share with us. You can still message him on myspace though or message him here.

Later.

ultimatefan said:
Wow, good response. The guy sounds better than the initial impression.

i know

the guy is ****ing cool

he then wished me a belated bday and told me not to bother renting transporter 2 but to rent unleashed(he told me not the unrated version)

guys like him and faverua(ironman diector) keep me happy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"