Comics Question about Emma Frost and the Phoenix

icemancuckoos

Civilian
Reaction score
In the end of the comic Phoenix:Endsong it showed Emma with the fire in her eyes does that mean she could have some powers of the Phoenix?
Since the Phoenix took over her during that book. I still couldn't understand that if Emma hold Phoenix potential powers or not.:)

That was one of the Cuckoos, not Emma.

icemancuckoos said:
In the end of the comic Phoenix:Endsong it showed Emma with the fire in her eyes does that mean she could have some powers of the Phoenix?
Since the Phoenix took over her during that book. I still couldn't understand that if Emma hold Phoenix potential powers or not.:)

That was a Cuckoo not Emma, hence why there where three other blond girls in the same bed. So I think you are asking if she is capable of using the Phoenix. No. Phoenix was using her and she wasent using it.

icemancuckoos said:

no, she does not, as referenced by dialogue in the book.

When you think about it, there is so much we owe to Seinfeld. =) Terms like "Soup Nazi!" " Master of your domain" "Shrinkage" "High/low talker" and my favorite "yada,yada,yada" all became such often used catch phrases because of that show about "Nothing'.

Shouldn't there be a problem with the Phoenix force choosing to inhabit a genetically engineered person? I guess life is life....but it still seems odd.

Genitically engineered? Are you talking about the Cuckoos being part of Weapon X? I thought that was never confirmed or just said to be part of the alternate universe of Here Comes Tomorow.

Well, the implication in Here Comes Tomorrow was that the Cuckoos had been engineered from birth by Weapon Plus (what were they, Weapon Fourteen or something?), long before the divergent timeline caused by the events of Planet X, so HCT's standing as an alternate future has no bearing on the Cuckoos having been genetically engineered.

Weapon Plus makes Cuckoos-->Magneto goes crazy in Planet X-->Off to either Reload or Here Comes Tomorrow, depending on Scott's decision.

EDIT: But then, Morrison made a lot of implications throughout his run, especially in HCT, and left his readers to connect the dots. It's all interpretation, in the end.

Thing is Bobba Fett, it should discussed if we accept anything in alternate futures as cannon, even if they do happen before the divergent point. I mean, take X-Men the End, it clearly says that Gambit is a clon of Sinister with Cyclops' powers, thus making him the fabled 3rd Summers, and it clearly says that happened long before the divergence point (which I'm guessing it's HOM). But in 616 it's been established that Vulcan is the 3rd Summers... so, is Gambit a clone of Sinister in 616 too? It's the same with these Cuckoos. I for one agree that all events revealed in alternate futures about things that happen before the divergence points should be considered as cannon, but the X-Men The End example makes think if we should.

sebita said:
Thing is Bobba Fett, it should discussed if we accept anything in alternate futures as cannon, even if they do happen before the divergent point. I mean, take X-Men the End, it clearly says that Gambit is a clon of Sinister with Cyclops' powers, thus making him the fabled 3rd Summers, and it clearly says that happened long before the divergence point (which I'm guessing it's HOM). But in 616 it's been established that Vulcan is the 3rd Summers... so, is Gambit a clone of Sinister in 616 too? It's the same with these Cuckoos. I for one agree that all events revealed in alternate futures about things that happen before the divergence points should be considered as cannon, but the X-Men The End example makes think if we should.

That whole Gambit is the third brother story was just garbage...How would you..being the clone of someone completely unrelated to my family then given some of my DNA and powers make you my brother? if anything you would be a weird abomination offspring needing to be taken behind the barn and beaten with a shovel......the whole Vulcan is the brother explanation doesn't seem to be too much better...so make room in that shallow grave...

It's not about wether we like the explanation or not, it's about if it should be considered it as true or not that concerns me.

So would you accept that the Cuckoos are part of Weapon Plus? Personally I dont take anythign in Here Comes Tomorow as truth so I don't see the Cuckoos as being Weapon 14 or whatever. What about the rest of you guys?

I... am uncertain what to think. If it did happen before the divergence point it should be considered as cannon... but that means we also have to assume the Gambit/Sinister bit is true.

No. Its an alternate timeline. Its like saying Gambit is the Third Brother based on Xmen the End, like previously stated.

Was it ever stated which Cuckoo it was in Endsong? Mindee, Pheobe or Celeste? I think Celeste would be a good choice, simply for the name.

But it happened long before the divergence point, which is the same as the Cuckoos in HCT. If we accept one, then we have to accept the others. Information revealed in alternate futures concerning events that happened before the divergence point, that's what this is all about. Both bits of info were released in alternate futures, but both of them occurred long before the divergence points that created said futures. So, we must ask ourselves if we accept it. Logic mandates we should.

Im confused are you saying that Endsong is a alternate reality? Or is it in regard to the other post? I should stop asking so many questions lol.

I dont know what to accept. Id rather just wait it out and see who it is.

I was talking about the other question. And yes, you should stop making so many questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"