Question about Wolverine, The Hulk and other regenerators . .

Hmm sounds like they just stole from Deadpool. Which is fitting I guess, since he got his powers from Wolverine to begin with.

Good ol' DP is loved by Death. YEah, Death, the one and only. I don't have this issue (one of the few :( but apparently Thanos was so jealous of Death's love for Deadpool that he cursed him to never be able to die.
Which is why 'Pool regrew from a finger and all that other jazz.

With Hulk it's "easy" sorta. Just say gamma radiation. The same gamma radiation that has him gaining 1000 lbs of muscle in seconds. Infinite supply of gamma radiation he can produce means infinite amount of energy at his disposal to do what he does.

With wolverine it's a little more tricky. It's his mutant ability along with some supernatural bull****.

Actually, in terms of Hulk, you might not be that far off. It could be a Higgs (God) particle idea.

For Wolverine? It's because he's so god awful of a character, that the laws of physics repels him, and allows him to do what he wants, in hope that the rest of the universe become so annoyed, they find a way to annihilate him, torturing him for centuries, much to physics' delight.

Personally I chalk everything up to Joseph Calhoun. I figure that he is on his way out and his comatose mind is screwing with reality on a larger scale than it used to before finally quitting. Wolverine and Hulk regenerating the way they do, all the battles that have been totally ridiculous, I blame it all on Calhoun.

Here's the short version of the weird part; the angel of death comes along, and comes to kill Wolvie, as he seems like a worthy adversary. (I can't remember how many other people had to do this in the story, if any.) He really looked to taking Wolvie on, as it looked like fun to him.

Doctor Strange actually, sort of.

Okay, so the angel of death either threw the fight, or Marvel's Judeo-Christian hierarchy is really, really, really weak. :o Either way, the angel of death thought Wolverine would be a good opponent? Christ on a pogo, those are some low expectations.

Funny, how Wolverine is a good opponent, but people like, say, Red Skull/Captain America/the myraid of cosmic level people who die, are not?

I wonder if Thanos ever threw down with the angel of *****es--er, I mean death.

Doubtful. If the AoD (which is now their name) thought Wolvie was a threat, then it hid it's ass in the corner of Oblivion's cape, praying to every single deity there ever was, hoping Thanos wouldn't find it.

Doubtful. If the AoD (which is now their name) thought Wolvie was a threat, then it hid it's ass in the corner of Oblivion's cape, praying to every single deity there ever was, hoping Thanos wouldn't find it.

True

At the end of the day, it's a comic, and if it's fun, it's fun!

And there are various stories from various religious texts which have tales of people from this mortal coil doing tremendous things on biblical levels...

But like I said before, normally I ain't into this kind of thing, (religious stories entering mainstream sci fi comics,) but the way it's told is in much more of an old school Twilight Zone-esque kind of way... And it works.

Besides, the 60's Zone episodes are some of the best television in history, so anything in that style is gravy for me :up:

Yeah. I'm pretty sure Wolverine just shot himself in the head to get there, too. Kind of throws Guggenheim's ideas about the healing factor in the crapper, really, since even at his weakest portrayals, Logan could recover from bullet wounds and headshots without too much trouble.

Guggenheim = idiot

Back in an "Old" Story of the "new" X-men,.... It was explained that given sufficient energy,.. Wolverine could regenerate from a drop of blood.
Yes, that's Annual 11 that the above-mentioned idiot uses to justify Wolverine's back from a skeleton regrowth. Unfortunatly, the idiot (and apparently most readers) have forgotten that this WAS NOT Wolverine regenerating himself but rather the Power in that Crystal (can't remember its name) regenerating him, adamantium and all. How that has come to be interpreted as Logan can regenerate himself (without external assistance) from a petree dish is beyond me.

I like Gamora as much as the next straight dude who thinks green chicks are hot, but let's not get carried away. She's a badass, but she's not biblically badass. :o

I like Gamora as much as the next straight dude who thinks green chicks are hot, but let's not get carried away. She's a badass, but she's not biblically badass. :o
so she's badass but doesn't give you the plague? Or cause it to rain frogs when she's pissed?

I don't know, she may have some plagues up her skirt. Who can tell?

I was just sayin' she looks to be able to throw a mean one on a fella.

Oh yeah, and regarding regenerators, they need to just come out and say that Wolverine's regenerative ability is magic. Getting shot all day every day for weeks without food or sleep and still regenerating all of that mass...magic.

what if wovie can store massive amounts of solar energy in his body like superman,and i was wondering can plants regenerate if you rip one of it leaves in half,and if so how

Hmm sounds like they just stole from Deadpool. Which is fitting I guess, since he got his powers from Wolverine to begin with.

Good ol' DP is loved by Death. YEah, Death, the one and only. I don't have this issue (one of the few :( but apparently Thanos was so jealous of Death's love for Deadpool that he cursed him to never be able to die.
Which is why 'Pool regrew from a finger and all that other jazz.

Well to be fair, that didn't happen until like, really late in Deadpools ongoing. Not that I'm aware of him regrowing from a finger or anything comparable prior to that. I guess that explains how he survived the suitcase bomb of death that spawned the Agent X series. But seriously, who are we kidding, I doubt even the freaking editors bother to take into account the events of that story at this point.

Although now that Thanos is 'dead' I guess the curse might have been nullified.

Ah, the joy of speculating about things that will never reappear in cannon, ever again.

what if wovie can store massive amounts of solar energy in his body like superman,and i was wondering can plants regenerate if you rip one of it leaves in half,and if so how
Plants are always getting nutrients from their roots and the sun, so it'd be basically the same as a lizard having to eat to provide mass to regrow its tail.

"Massive" probably isn't halfway good enough.

Yes, it's referred to by some really obscure nomenclature: "heal" and "grow."

And "what if" he's really from Krypton? :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"