The Flash Question About Year (Spoilers)

TJByrum

Captain America Fan
Reaction score
Time and time again I've heard Wells (Eobard) say to some people they have been "dead for centuries", or something like that.

But the newspaper in the hidden room says 2024, which is less than a decade away.

When Eobard says 'centuries', he means at least 200 or more years. So the only year that makes sense to me is 2214 and above. So Eobard is from 2214 or above? Then what's the deal with the newspaper being from 2024? Why would Barry be living in 2214? This doesn't make any sense to me at all, but I think I just need it to be explained to me.

Time and time again I've heard Wells (Eobard) say to some people they have been "dead for centuries", or something like that.

But the newspaper in the hidden room says 2024, which is less than a decade away.

When Eobard says 'centuries', he means at least 200 or more years. So the only year that makes sense to me is 2214 and above. So Eobard is from 2214 or above? Then what's the deal with the newspaper being from 2024? Why would Barry be living in 2214? This doesn't make any sense to me at all, but I think I just need it to be explained to me.

In comic book 'verse, Thawne is from the 25th century. He's a huge fan of Flash, and he travels back in time to meet his favorite hero...unfortunately, the time travel mucked with his brain, and then he somehow discovers that he is Flash's rival and enemy, which further shatters his mind. He then tries to become the Flash, but his violent, psychotic tendencies shine through, and he ends up murdering Iris by vibrating his hand through her head (suddenly the vibrating hand through the heart doesn't seem so bad :o ).

Or so sayeth Wikipedia. The show has not given us any other details on how Thawne and Barry have become such intimate enemies. We only know that there is something that Barry has done as an adult that infuriated Thawne to the point that he decides to murder Barry as a child. Even watching Barry grow up, and seeing him as a youth, and working with him to stop crime isn't enough, apparently, to end his hatred for Older!Barry.

I hope they don't go that way then.

I got the impression that Thawne traveled from way in the future to battle Barry at various points through time. The last time he did so he traveled to 2024 and they both traveled back in time. So there's no real contradiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"