Questions & Comments about the Star Wars Saga (past/present/future) [merged-15]

Luke beat Vader in ROTJ despite his inexperience. Vader was virtually unbeatable in TESB, and he was holding back vs. Luke, still Luke hung in the fight despite his inexperience. Obi-Wan chopped up Vader in ROTS like he was in a slaughterhouse, Obi-Wan looked great there, his best fight ever. Anakin destroyed Count Dooku so badly, I almost peed my pants. How he lost to Obi-Wan afterwards made little sense to me. Obi-Wan beats up on General Greevous like it was nothing, Greevous had 4 lightsabres vs. Kenobi's 1 and he still lost. Yoda looked pretty cool, but he was a bad loser in Sith, too much Crouching Tiger...Hidden Yoda style and not enough Kick your butt and punch you in the groin style.

JcDc said:
I don't know but I was thinking right after I left the theatre... DAMN he just became Vader. Another trilogy or even just another movie showing how he becomes a great sith lord, how he develops his powers... how obi wan learns the life force ability... how Yoda decides to go to degobah system... etc

So much could be expanded on imo.

That is why I think Episode I should have started the Clone Wars, Episode II should've ended the Clone Wars and Episode III could've had the birth of vader, the death of the jedi, and Obi-Wan learning the ghost, Yoda deciding where to exile, etc.

The live action show will take place between 3-4 and will follow non main characters. When explaining this Lucas said "It will not deal with any of the main characters from the films... well... I guess that's not entirely true", so whatever that means.

The animated Clone Wars will continue only as a full half hour show and as a full season. It will be CG animated this time, probably similar to Final Fantasy in style.

!snap

Which is the best

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace

(Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Darth Maul) Round one

(Qui-Gon Jinn,Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul) Round 2

(Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul) Round 3

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones

(Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus)

(Anakin Skywalker vs Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus)

(Yoda vs Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

(Obi-Wan Kenobi,Anakin Skywalker vs. Count Dooku)

(Anakin Skywalker vs. Count Dooku)

(Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. General Grievous)

(Mace Windu vs. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious)

(Yoda vs. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious)

(Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope

(Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vader)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes

(Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi

(Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader)

TPM was executed w/ the most quality and the most emotion atleast out of the PT and ESB was the most important out of the OT also carrying a lot of emotion.

Luke vs Vader in ESB.
Duel of the Fates.
Anakin vs OB1

Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul

Anakin vs. Obi-Wan

Without Question

Anakin/Vader vs. Obi-Wan in (ROTS) Is The badass lightsaber fight in the saga.

1) Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul (TPM)
2) Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader for the first time (ESB)
3) Yoda vs. The Emperor Sith Lord Palpatine (ROTS)
4) Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader (ROTS)
5) Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader round 2 (ROTJ)

I loved Obi -Wan vs. Vader,but Luke vs. Vader was great too.

DorkyFresh said:
Personally.....I think Lucas should let Spielberg redo the prequels... :-X

MAybe just TPM and AOTC and redo the love scenes in ROTS

In regards to the comments about Anakin or Luke balancing the force - i have a different interpretation.

I think Anakin DOES balance the force in ROTS. Because when he's done with slaughtering the Jedi with the Emperor, the force is finally in balance. Two Sith, and two Jedi.

The Emperor and Vader, Yoda and Obi-wan. A master and a padawan for each. 2 and 2 = balanced.

The prophecy never said the balance meant destroying the darkside. That would be unbalanced. All light - no dark. out of balance.

7,8,9 would make it more than a story of one man - it would be the story of a family.

and yeah - i think 7, 8, 9 will happen after Indiana Jones. Why else would Lucas film employees have to sign a nondisclosure agreement regarding films that don't exist yet? If they aren't going to be made - there's nothing to disclose. So - chances are good they'll be made. I just don't think Lucas will direct them. I've heard "whisperings in the force" that Steven Spielberg has shown interest in directing them. Only time will tell for sure.

gspot said:
In regards to the comments about Anakin or Luke balancing the force - i have a different interpretation.

I think Anakin DOES balance the force in ROTS. Because when he's done with slaughtering the Jedi with the Emperor, the force is finally in balance. Two Sith, and two Jedi.

The Emperor and Vader, Yoda and Obi-wan. A master and a padawan for each. 2 and 2 = balanced.

The prophecy never said the balance meant destroying the darkside. That would be unbalanced. All light - no dark. out of balance.

It could also be viewed that in ROTJ, when Luke fights Vader and goes beserk, he unwakens the dark side within him. So when the Emperor and Vader are destroyed, he is the only force user and has both good and evil within him. Then later, dark force users emerge as well as light force users so they balance each other out.

Well the prophecy never said the balance would last forever. Only that it would be balanced - not that it would stay in balance.

but if you take the rumors that Empire's End was originally part of Lucas' plans for 7,8,9 then The Emperor lives past the end of ROTJ, Luke becomes corrupted by the Darkside, and has to be saved by Leia and the two of them stop the Emperor with both the dark and light (luke and leia) force abilities at their command. And technically there is a balance there too. For a time. The dark side will always rise though. it's an eternal struggle.

Idk, my favorite lightsaber duel in all the SW films is still Luke VS. Vader in ROTJ... might not be as intricate as Duel Of The Fates but in terms of cinematic weight and emotion, it was amazing, IMO.

mcentepede said:
Luke beat Vader in ROTJ despite his inexperience. Vader was virtually unbeatable in TESB, and he was holding back vs. Luke, still Luke hung in the fight despite his inexperience. Obi-Wan chopped up Vader in ROTS like he was in a slaughterhouse, Obi-Wan looked great there, his best fight ever. Anakin destroyed Count Dooku so badly, I almost peed my pants. How he lost to Obi-Wan afterwards made little sense to me. Obi-Wan beats up on General Greevous like it was nothing, Greevous had 4 lightsabres vs. Kenobi's 1 and he still lost. Yoda looked pretty cool, but he was a bad loser in Sith, too much Crouching Tiger...Hidden Yoda style and not enough Kick your butt and punch you in the groin style.

Anakin's overconfidence caused him to get sliced and diced. Ben clearly told him he had the high ground but Anakin chose to leap at him anyway. It wasn't a lack of lightsaber skill that cost him the duel, just arrogance.

Nothing for me will beat Qui Gonn and Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul.... i couldnt believe my eyes watching that. I do have to say that Anaking vs. Obi Wan was fantastic too, and i really love Luke vs. Vader in ESB.

I think (and had thought) that if anyone were to do the next Star Wars trilogy it would be either Steven Speilberg or Ron Howard. Both are great friends of Lucas and accomplished directors that Lucas resepects and trusts. Although Peter Jackson would be a great director for those films...but that won't happen because Jackson owns Weta and is in direct competition with ILM owned by Lucas.

Rage

This is my list

1. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS)

2. Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (ROTJ)

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul (TPM)

4. Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (ESB)

5.Yoda vs. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious (ROTS)

6.Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. General Grievous (ROTS)

7.Mace Windu vs. Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious (ROTS)

8.Anakin Skywalker vs. Count Dooku (ROTS)

9.Yoda vs Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus (AOTC)

10.Obi-Wan Kenobi,Anakin Skywalker vs. Count Dooku (ROTS)

11.Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Darth Maul (TPM)

12.Qui-Gon Jinn,Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Maul (TPM)

13.Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus(AOTC)

14.Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Vader (ANH)

15.Anakin Skywalker vs Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus(AOTC)

Although the Anakin and Obi Wan fight was good, it wasn't GREAT....it wasn't as visually stunning as the Qui Gonn & Obi Wan vs Darth Maul fight was. There was nothing very memorable in the choreography. With the Anakin vs Obi Wan fight...it almost felt like they were trying to hit each other's SABERS instead of trying to slice/stab their heads, limbs or bodies.

Best choreography is hands down Darth Maul's duel...not because he had a double bladed lightsaber, but because Ray Park and co. worked REALLY hard to include different fighting techniques and make the fight look good...not necessarily fast (like Anakin & Obi Wan's fight). Ray Park was involved with Phantom Menace.....which is why Phantom Menace has some of the best choreographed fights in the whole Star Wars saga.

The best DRAMA is without doubt Luke vs Vader in Return of the Jedi. I WOULD say the ESB fight because of the whole "I am your father" moment....but at that point, it's not a fight anymore. What made the RotJ fight better than the ESB fight, to me, is when Vader told Luke that if he doesn't turn, his sister will. Luke got SOOOO fired up and fought with such ferocity that you can see it in his eyes...at that point, he was a madman. What made the fights of the original trilogy so great was Luke and Vader taking a break to speak. They didn't just go at it....Vader used PSYCHOLOGICAL attacks as well.

DorkyFresh said:
Although the Anakin and Obi Wan fight was good, it wasn't GREAT....it wasn't as visually stunning as the Qui Gonn & Obi Wan vs Darth Maul fight was. There was nothing very memorable in the choreography. With the Anakin vs Obi Wan fight...it almost felt like they were trying to hit each other's SABERS instead of trying to slice/stab their heads, limbs or bodies.

Best choreography is hands down Darth Maul's duel...not because he had a double bladed lightsaber, but because Ray Park and co. worked REALLY hard to include different fighting techniques and make the fight look good...not necessarily fast (like Anakin & Obi Wan's fight). Ray Park was involved with Phantom Menace.....which is why Phantom Menace has some of the best choreographed fights in the whole Star Wars saga.

The best DRAMA is without doubt Luke vs Vader in Return of the Jedi. I WOULD say the ESB fight because of the whole "I am your father" moment....but at that point, it's not a fight anymore. What made the RotJ fight better than the ESB fight, to me, is when Vader told Luke that if he doesn't turn, his sister will. Luke got SOOOO fired up and fought with such ferocity that you can see it in his eyes...at that point, he was a madman. What made the fights of the original trilogy so great was Luke and Vader taking a break to speak. They didn't just go at it....Vader used PSYCHOLOGICAL attacks as well.

I have to agree with you on this.

My personal favorite was Mace Windu against the Emperor. He damn well nearly beat him, too. Watching the Emperor throw down was long-awaited.

It's a tie between ESB and ROTS, both carry much emotion

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"