quick advice, what do you think of this email

i'm messing. if you do, PM and point me in the right direction, I'd very much like to read it when it's done.

:up:

i hate email scams, they fill up my work addy every day, tkaes like half an hour to clear the ****ers from my real mail.

The thing is that i normally shouldn't get them since i don't think university email addresses are public knowledge so they take my by surprise whenever i do happen to catch one.

You should always have the email information showing at the head, thats what i do, to check where the true return path is going too, thats so fake anyway why would the lotto be emailing you :p

November Rain said:
Received this email this morning, i'll blank out all the important bits but you get the details....

Now as a 'gerian i can smell trap big time, has anyone else received anything like this recently, especially british hypesters....

Date: 21st August, 2006.
Ref: ******
Batch: *******

We happily announce to you the draw of the British/International Lottery winners with the British/International lottery Programs held on the 10th Of AUGUST, 2006. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: ***** with Serial number ****** drew the lucky numbers: *******, which subsequently won you the lottery in the category (B). You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of GBP £ 710,000.00 British Pounds (Seven Hundred and Ten Thousand British Pounds Only) in cash credited to file No. ****** This is from a total cash prize of (8 Million British Pounds), shared among the first Thirty (30) lucky winners in this category (B) and Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. All participants were selected through a Computer ballot system drawn from 12,000.00 companies And 38,000.00 individual email addresses and names from all over the World such as,America, Africa, Europe and Asia as part of International Promotions Program, Which is conducted annually? Our British agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact them. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information Confidential till your claims is processed and your money remmitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements. Please be warned.

To file for your claim, please contact our Payment agent through Email,Fax:
MR. PAUL BRASS
BRITISH OFFICE COORDINATOR
CENTRAL, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM.
TEL: 44-70-1112-0187
FAX: 44-70-0598-0261
EMAIL: [email protected]
PLEASE SEND SMS TEXT MESSAGE TO THIS TEL NUMBER: 44-7980492174, USING YOUR CELLPHONE/HANDPHONE/MOBILEPHONE.

For you to file your claim we need the following from you: Your full name, Your address, Your Private email address, You telephone and Fax Number.

Note:If you send your claim request via sms text message,email or fax, please your advise to call us after three working days if you didnt hear from us to comfirm if we receive your message.

Remember, all winning must be claimed not later than 24th Of OCTOBER, 2006. After this date all unclaimed Funds and will be included in the next Stake.

Yours faithfully,

MRS. GILL SCOTT
(British Coor. Int. lotto)
Email: [email protected]

N.B. Any breach of confidentiality on the part of the winners will result automatically disqualified. Please do not reply to this Mail. Contact your Claims agent immediately. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize.
This is part of our precautionary measures to avoid double claims and unwarranted abuse of this program.

actually, after reading it, it couldn't possibly be true, there's so many errors.

good try,

screw it i'll leave this thread up just for the fun of it....

Dirty Dirty 'gerians....

:whatever: :cmad::word::cmad: :whatever:

If you were that worried about it, there are official lottery phone numbers you could have phoned to check it out. Instead of asking us here at the Hype!

So yeah, next time just look up the official lottery phone numbers and give them a ring. Problem solved.

Common sense should also tell you that they would never, ever email anyone to tell them they have won.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"