Quicksilver vs. Quicksilver: Which version did you prefer the most?

Definitely Pietro. He appeared more believable to me and I actually do hope they find a way to bring him back. Somebody suggested that Thor oughta pull him out of Valhalla but Doctor Strange might be a more suitable option.

I like Fox's version better. AoU QS is just kinda meh.

Imo the fox quicksilver is much better than the mcu one

I liked both. But what they've beem doing with Fox's is much cooler. Too bad we couldnt see more QS.

Despite the limited appearance of Quicksilver in Age of Ultron, he was closer to the comics than the X-men version.

MCU quicksilver is truer to the comics, even without his mutant ties. Fox quicksilver is the flash. however the flash is 1000 times better than quicksilver, and does a flash by any other name not run as fast? fox quicksilver is better. (and would win in a fight lol)

Fox's Quicksilver for me. Gotta love me some Even Peters :D

He stole Days of Future Past (sorta), and that scene in Apocalypse was all kinds of awesome.

MCU's Quicksilver had an annoying accent, his personality was not endearing (IMO), and they got rid of him after his first movie. He had no purpose being in Age of Ultron, besides being Wanda's brother.

Both are underwhelming in my opinion.

MCU version didn't make a huge impression, he died, and his death may not even be mentioned ever again. Leaving that out of Wanda's Civil War story was a HUGE mistake and it seems they just want everyone to forget the character even existed due to the popularity of the Fox version.

The Fox version is merely a gimmick though. The gimmick worked in the first film and got a lot of laughs, but like most gimmicks it grew stale by the next time it was used. His slow motion scene in Apocalypse didn't even make me crack a smile because it was just the same thing in a different setting, and it was forced and overlong. Also forced was the search for daddy storyline. It wasn't developed or important enough for anyone to care, and only included to give forced depth to a popular one dimensional character (as he was portrayed).

If I had to choose I'd choose the MCU version, just because he was merely fine, while the Fox version has gotten annoying to me. I accidentally voted for Fox in the poll though lol

The only good about Evan Peters' Quicksilver?! He wore a Rush T-shirt. ;)

Despite the limited appearance of Quicksilver in Age of Ultron, he was closer to the comics than the X-men version.

I remember Quicksilver from the comics being a mutant and having Magneto as a dad for most of his comic history.

I remember Quicksilver from the comics being a mutant and having Magneto as a dad for most of his comic history.

And still the Fox Quicksilver is less like the comic, despite having that. The MCU version had the personality and the close connection to his sister. And a speed more similar to the comic, instead of utterly absurd speed that creates more illogical situations.

Both are underwhelming. Quicksilver, the MCU version, could've been great, but he was killed off before he could be properly developed.

And the Fox version is barely a character, he is a collection of set pieces. Apocalypse had a chance to flesh him out but Singer decided that it would be better not to.

The MCU version left too soon, but he was closer to the comics Quicksilver. I liked his look as well.

The Fox QS has a fun personality, but he is way too powerful and as others have said, he just feels more like a gimmick than an actual character.

Why is this even a question? And why are the votes so close? The MCU's Quicksilver barely registered; Fox's is one of its most entertaining characters. No contest.

Why is this even a question? And why are the votes so close? The MCU's Quicksilver barely registered; Fox's is one of its most entertaining characters. No contest.

A hint; the answer is in the posts that people have left in the thread.

XMA just confirmed the vote I placed last year.

Surprised to see that the people rooting for MCU's Quicksilver are just a vocal minority.

The posts on this are mainly people siding with MCU, whilst a majority of the votes in the poll are in Fox's favour.

Fox's Quicksilver and it's not even close in my opinion.
I don't care which one is the most faithful to its cb counterpart, Peters' Quicksilver is fun to watch and is an actual character (even though I agree with the criticism that they may have made him way too powerful). Taylor-Johnson was just there; and it's not because of the lack of proper screentime, he was flat-out dull.

Last edited:
^
"You didn't see that coming"

He wasnt dull. If amarvel wouldve gave him a few more films then he wouldve become a fan favorite. Bet on it.

Surprised to see that the people rooting for MCU's Quicksilver are just a vocal minority.

The posts on this are mainly people siding with MCU, whilst a majority of the votes in the poll are in Fox's favour.

The vocal minority argument is extremely weak when there's just a 5% difference between the two, which is a minor difference.

That argument should be saved for things like TDKR, which gets a lot of criticism but have pretty much equaled TDK in a poll. And I say that as someone that doesn't particularly like TDKR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"