Quicksilver

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
Obviously there was much speculation about his return - or even a cameo during Endgame which we didn’t get, but does anyone think there’s still a realistic means (without time travel) on seeing him back in the MCU?

Normally I’d agree that a death loses its impact if a character is suddenly brought back to life, however in this case I think enough time has elapsed that his death still holds meaning, and so if he was to make a return, we’d not lose focus of his previous sacrifice.

He's dead, Jim.

You say that his death still holds meaning if he returns, but at the same time say that you agree about a death loses its impact if the character is brought back to life? Huh? Plus, considering how he could've grabbed Clint instead, not like Pietro didn't have options.

He's dead, Jim.
I know, I just think there’s a lot more they could’ve done with the MCU version of that character. I’d have liked for them to have explored that still.

You say that his death still holds meaning if he returns, but at the same time say that you agree about a death loses its impact if the character is brought back to life? Huh? Plus, considering how he could've grabbed Clint instead, not like Pietro didn't have options.
It would be one thing to bring him back in the next film (Civil War)? but to bring him back a few films down the line still allows for that time without him, and his sacrifice.

There have been rumors of Aaron Tyler-Johnson returning to Marvel in other roles though. I can see him as Adam Warlock.

Ok.................this is way off topic but I just saw his wife and WTF! She's twice his age. I'm as freaky as the next person but come on. The crazy part is they been married since 2012!! But..........I guess he really loves her but man am I amazed!!

edit: You know what: nevermind. I can actually see why he stayed with her. Maybe it's the Bacardi talking tonight but.........I actually see his point of view.

There are so many characters they have yet to introduce. Quicksilver already got his shot and he was killed for it. Its also been like 5 years since Aou, and they have forgotten about him.

Plus we also saw Quicksilver in 3 foXverse movies as well.

I’m wondering if there was a bit of beef with Aaron and marvel because usually they try to keep everything vague and say stuff like “maybe one day” but with quicksilver they’re like “no he dead”

They could retcon Quicksilver's death if they wanted to (e.g. Scarlet Witch gets House of M style powers and brings her brother back) but the MCU QS wasn't that great so I'm not sure I want them to.

I don't want to end up with a comic book style situation where the audience doesn't care when a character is killed off because we know it'll be retconned eventually.

Last edited:
I thought his death was a bit unnecessary. He could have added something to the team and showed how the Avengers are helping civilians by being the go-to-guy to remove them from danger as the super fights are taking place with mass urban destruction.

Ok.................this is way off topic but I just saw his wife and WTF! She's twice his age. I'm as freaky as the next person but come on. The crazy part is they been married since 2012!! But..........I guess he really loves her but man am I amazed!!

edit: You know what: nevermind. I can actually see why he stayed with her. Maybe it's the Bacardi talking tonight but.........I actually see his point of view.
Is there an interview or something about this? I'm intrigued.

They could retcon Quicksilver's death if they wanted to (e.g. Scarlet Witch gets House of M style powers and brings her brother back) but the MCU QS wasn't that great so I'm not sure I want them to.
Wanda wasn't all that powerful when she was introduced; she's been learning more about her abilities as she's lived on. What's therefore to say that Petro couldn't have done the same? Maybe his AoU appearance would've just been him starting out, later learning how to harness his speed and do other things with it; phase through buildings, stop time (from his perspective at least), maybe even time travel a little - if that was ever his thing in the marvel universe.

I don't want to end up with a comic book style situation where the audience doesn't care when a character is killed off because we know it'll be retconned eventually.
Surely that depends on the character though? Loki died, and yet he didn't. Pretty sure they're going to keep Stark out of future productions though (short of maybe the odd flashback).

Is there an interview or something about this? I'm intrigued.

Wanda wasn't all that powerful when she was introduced; she's been learning more about her abilities as she's lived on. What's therefore to say that Petro couldn't have done the same? Maybe his AoU appearance would've just been him starting out, later learning how to harness his speed and do other things with it; phase through buildings, stop time (from his perspective at least), maybe even time travel a little - if that was ever his thing in the marvel universe.

Surely that depends on the character though? Loki died, and yet he didn't. Pretty sure they're going to keep Stark out of future productions though (short of maybe the odd flashback).
Just google it and images of them come up.

Wanda wasn't all that powerful when she was introduced; she's been learning more about her abilities as she's lived on. What's therefore to say that Petro couldn't have done the same?
I'm not complaining that he wasn't fast enough. If they'd kept him around and made him too fast it'd create all kinds of "why didn't Quicksilver save the day by doing X before anyone could react" plot holes.

I just didn't like the costume/actor the MCU chose for QS and thought Wanda became a more interesting character because she lost her brother.

Maybe his AoU appearance would've just been him starting out, later learning how to harness his speed and do other things with it; phase through buildings, stop time (from his perspective at least), maybe even time travel a little - if that was ever his thing in the marvel universe.

Nah, even comic book Quicksilver can't do any of that.

The time travel and phasing powers are a Flash/DC speedsters thing. Marvel doesn't have a speed force style plot device that lets them give extra powers to Quicksilver.

I think it's bad writing that they killed off Gamora and Loki then used time travel shenanigans to bring them back.

I don't want them to do that with Quicksilver, Yondu, Iron Man, Black Widow etc.

You end up with stories where death is meaningless.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"