Quirks

I have OCD. Sometimes it gets pretty bad. I was going to use the computer one night at mid-night and I noticed that everything in the computer room was dusty and the floor needed mopping, so I cleaned the whole room top to bottom, or else I wouldn't be able to concentrate on whatever I was doing on the computer, which was probablly posting here. It was after 2 am when I finally got on the computer. But damn, my computer room was sparkling.

I also freak out when people touch me. I knew this girl who was one of those touchy feely people and she would always touch my arm or something when we talked. I'd yank my arm away from her, take a step back, and rub my arm where she just touched. I told her not to take it personal. I'll do the same thing no matter what. If I bump into someone on the street, I freak out.

I also organize a lot of my stuff either alphabetically or by color (or sometimes size), depending on how I feel. I once organized my DVD collection by color but I had to reorganize it alphabetically. Much easier to find movies that way.

Also, if for some reason, and this is rare, I don't make my bed when I leave in the morning, and I get home late...I'll make my bed a few minutes before going to bed.

1) I have to make a happy face on the burger patty with ketchup before I can eat it.

2) I cannot stand seeing creases on cloths so I iron my bedsheet, my pillow cases, my t-shirts and jeans... all my laundry, in fact. Including undergarments.

3) I cannot stand to see anything out of place. Eg. a rug, tablecloth... they can't be... crooked.

4) When I go grocery shopping, I sort out my groceries as I pay for them. First in line; frozen food, followed by food that needs to be refrigerated, canned food, vegetables, snacks... eggs and bread last.

5) I arrange everything that needs to be or can be arranged in alphabetical order.

I'll stop here for now... there are more. :(

OCD Twin! :csad:

I think with ocd you feel compelled to do it, like you have to do it or you're all uncomfortable.

I do not have OCD!
Except you do. :heart:

How do you differentiate the two (quirks and OCD)?
OCD is a disorder that dictates that you "must" do something a certain way or else your brain deems it to be "wrong" and thus you must do it again so that it can be right.

It's OCD when it starts interfering with your life.:o

I think with ocd you feel compelled to do it, like you have to do it or you're all uncomfortable.
Each time I am around people who chew loudly, I feel compelled to punch that person in the face. :csad: Does that qualify for OCD? :huh:

Probably not. If you don't actually follow through. :woot:

Do NOT! :cmad:
I am compelled to smack your bottom now.

OCD is a disorder that dictates that you "must" do something a certain way or else your brain deems it to be "wrong" and thus you must do it again so that it can be right.
Creases bad. Must. Iron. Everything or die!
:csad:

It's OCD when it starts interfering with your life.:o
I don't think my quirks interferes with my life. :huh:
Except that I have to do extra chores. Does being a clean freak qualify for OCD?

I don't think my quirks interferes with my life. :huh:
Except that I have to do extra chores. Does being a clean freak qualify for OCD?

If your thoughts on cleaning are obsessive, and your behavior regarding those thoughts is compulsive.

Right. OCD is comprised of obsessions and compulsions (Hence the name, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.) Obsessions are the thoughts, these thoughts create anxiety. To relieve the anxiety, one has tendencies/rituals, which are the compulsions.

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder is similar. And a lot of people who think that have undiagnosed OCD actually have this. It's basically like a being perfectionist.

Right. OCD is comprised of obsessions and compulsions (Hence the name, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.) Obsessions are the thoughts, these thoughts create anxiety. To relieve the anxiety, one has tendencies/rituals, which are the compulsions.

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder is similar. And a lot of people who think that have undiagnosed OCD actually have this. It's basically like a being perfectionist.
With me, I am not obsessed with thoughts of ... things that I mentioned. It's just that, when I see it, then it bothers me (eg. the creases and things not in place or being crooked). Like sorting my groceries, I don't think about it until I am at the check out line and I just do it without even thinking. It's like... I'm programmed.

With me, I am not obsessed with thoughts of ... things that I mentioned. It's just that, when I see it, then it bothers me (eg. the creases and things not in place or being crooked). Like sorting my groceries, I don't think about it until I am at the check out line and I just do it without even thinking. It's like... I'm programmed.

Yeah, both disorders have obsessions which can (and often do) become habitual.

Okay, not official but at least he announced it publicly. Now I am ruined.

I think for OCD people it's mostly a thing born out a need for control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"