R.L. Stine's Fear Street - The Movie

I hope they do it well. I don't care how much the critics are liking Goosebumps, that s*** looks way too Night at the Museum for me. I want this to be a full-on '80s/'90s teen horror throwback.

Well you can forget that. If this Goosebumps is a hit at the box office then they will stick with that formula that worked with kids which is their target audience.

Oh my goodness... My friends and I were obsessed with this series back then. The cheerleader series and then those ones that explored the history of the Fear family. The memories!

Finally!!! Best news ever.

I used to read a lot of "Goosebumps" and "Fear Street" novels when I was a teenager.

The very first "Fear Street" novel that I ever read is "The Best Friend". So I hope that is one of the books that they are adapting into the movies.

Exclusive: R.L. Stine's 'Fear Street' Trilogy to Star Kiana Madeira, Olivia Welch

As previous reports have indicated, Fear Street will be a trilogy of films that are expected to be released in fairly close proximity to each other. Leigh Janiak(Honeymoon) will direct the first and third films in the series, while Alex Ross Perry(Her Smell) will direct the second film in the trilogy, which will be produced by Chernin Entertainment. 20th Century Fox exec Jason Young will oversee the unique plan on behalf of the studio. It’s my understanding that Janiak oversaw a writer’s room to hatch out storylines for the Fear Street trilogy, and while it’s unclear whom the script(s) will ultimately be credited to, it’s safe to assume Janiak will be among the writers listed. I’ve also heard that Stranger Things scribe Kate Trefry had a hand in things, which bodes well for the project.

Plot details are being kept under wraps, but sources say that Madeira (right) and Welch (below) will each be playing gay teenagers trying to navigate their rocky relationship when they’re targeted by the crazy horrors of their small town, Shadyside. Each actress will be playing two different characters — one in the mid-’90s, and one in the 1600s, when gay women faced even greater adversity and repercussions — and they’re both slated to appear in all three films, according to sources.

The distribution strategy is just bonkers! :eek: I mean whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Fox Developing R.L. Stine's 'Fear Street' as Theatrical Movie Series Released Months Apart

But, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter, the deal calls for her to write or rewrite three different scripts that could be shot back-to-back-to-back — and released back-to-back-to-back, one month after another. The plan has been described by one insider as “bingeing movies.”

Fox would not comment on the release plan, but some sources are excited about the forward-thinking nature of it and the studio’s seeming boldness to embrace it.

They’re pulling the Star Wars trilogy Special Edition release pattern. Except, you know, people already liked those before they went. What happens if the first tanks? Or if people discover the first later to make the first even more successful (ie Austin Powers, John Wick).

Fairly certain that they are going to be cheap enough that it won't matter too much. Worse case situation, you end up pulling a Gem.

Gillian Jacobs Joins Fox's Adaptation of R.L. Stine's 'Fear Street' (Exclusive)

Jacobs will appear in multiple movies.

In the 1994 setting, she will play the survivor of massacre that took place ata summer camp in 1978.

It is currently unclear what the distribution plan is, given that Fox is now under Disney ownership.

When the movie was being developed, there was talk of a unique plan in which the trilogy would be theatrically distributed consecutively about a month apart.

Fox’s ‘Fear Street’ Adds Emily Rudd & McCabe Slye – Deadline

Emily Rudd and McCabe Slye have signed on for Fox’s Fear Street trilogy, which is being helmed by Leigh Janiak. Both will make their first appearance in the second installment, which is set in 1978.

Rudd will play the older sister of Sadie Sink’s character. Slye will take on two roles: He plays Bobby Slater, described as a Springsteen-ish burnout who works at a summer camp, and in the 1966-set third film, he plays Mad Thomas, a creepy local drunk who stokes the town’s hysteria.

Multiple Fox Films Getting Axed at Disney

Meanwhile, a number of movies greenlit in late December and early January by Fox film president Emma Watts, who made the transition to Disney, are moving forward. Those include the Matthew Vaughn-directed Kingsman prequel The Great Game, the low-budget witchcraft pic Fear Street and Steven Spielberg's West Side Story.

I just hope these are dripping with atmosphere like Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark and Stranger Things and not like the Goosebumps movies.

Animorphs, Fear Street, all these cult classic book series getting live action resurrections.

Everworld and Fearless should be next.

The back-to-back-to-back gimmick feels better suited for an entity like Netflix anyway. I’m not so sure how that would play theatrically. No complaints here.

I trust Netflix to give me what I want more than Disney in this case by a wide margin. Please let the new Goosebumps series get picked up by them too. I want my TV-14 reimagining that could perhaps be okay for the tweens set and a tad younger, but it's mainly for the adult demographic who grew up on Goosebumps in the 90s.

I get excited just thinking about what you could do with the Goosebumps stories aged up a bit with better production.

Fear Street Trilogy Star Shares Her Excitement Over the New R.L. Stine Films

Horror fans can see Community star Gillian Jacobs in the upcoming horror movie Come Play, but this isn't the only horror project the actress has in store for audiences, as she recently starred in a trilogy of Fear Street films based on R.L. Stine's seminal stories. An ambitious endeavor, the three films were all filmed together, which will allow fans to see all three films when they release on a monthly basis on Netflix next summer. The actress recently shared her excitement about the upcoming films and her passion for the project, having been such a fan of the books growing up. Stay tuned for details on the Fear Street films and see Come Play in select theaters this Friday, October 30th.

"I grew up reading R.L. Stine myself, so I remember getting an email from agents being like, 'I don't know if you've ever heard of this,' I was like, 'Are you kidding me?'" Jacobs shared with ComicBook.com. "I can't tell you how many R.L. Stine books I read growing up. It was so much fun. Leigh [Janiak], who wrote and directed three films back to back, truly the undertaking, they're still in post-production on them. She did an incredible job. The cast on that is so great. And it was really, really fun and I think that people are gonna love them. And as a childhood R.L. Stine fan, I was so excited to be a part of them."

The films are reportedly described:

"Fear Street 1: In 1994, in the aftermath of a brutal tragedy in Shadyside, Ohio, a group of teens discover that a series of horrifying events that have plagued their town over many years might not be random, and that they may be the next victims.

Fear Street 2: In 1978, Camp Nightwing is divided by the campers and counselors who hail from the of prosperous town of Sunnyvale and the campers and maintenance staffers from the downtrodden town of Shadyside, but when horrors from their towns shared history come alive, they must band together to solve a terrifying mystery before it’s too late.

Fear Street 3: In 1666, a colonial town is gripped by a hysterical witch-hunt that has deadly consequences for centuries to come, and it’s up to teenagers in 1994 to try and finally put an end to their town’s curse, before it’s too late."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"